Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #1
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado
 
Spambot_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Italy
What cocktail should I make?

'cause I only have cheap rum and don't wanna drink it neat or straight or on the rocks.

So the only requirement is that it has to be doable with rum.

Bonus points if it doesn't need any fancy ingredient like angostura's or some tropical fruit juices like passion fruit and such.
__________________
Name's Luca.
worthwhile quotes, because quote boxes occupy too much space
Spambot_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
Neo Evil11
Worse than rapists
 
Neo Evil11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
A cocktail without alcohol, cause grow up alcoholic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Neo Evil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
angusfan16
butts
 
angusfan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kensucky
Molotov
__________________
Sail upon the open skies
angusfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Pastafarian96
The Pit's Scapegoat
 
Pastafarian96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: In the back paddock
You're asking this when you claim to be an aficionado of rum.

What the hell man.
__________________
si accepero tempus ego dilexi vos
Pastafarian96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:18 AM   #5
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Rum and Coke.

/thread
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #6
Trowzaa
ayy user title lmao
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
The Dr Pepper

Spiced rum, beer and amaretto in equal parts.

Delicious even though it doesn't sound it.
__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo

If you can manage it, to me, it's not ideal, at the same time I pochv xo
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:24 AM   #7
Wormholes
i love your wall
 
Wormholes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
it's 9:23 in the morning.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #8
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
it's 9:23 in the morning.


So he's getting a late start, what of it?


Also, I believe he's in Italy, where it's early afternoon...
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #9
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado
 
Spambot_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
A cocktail without alcohol, cause grow up alcoholic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Alcoholism, also known as alcohol use disorder, is a broad term for problems with ethanol
I have no problems with alcohol, hence I'm not an alcoholic.

You on the other hand seem to have some.
Are you by a chance an alcoholic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafarian96
You're asking this when you claim to be an aficionado of rum.

What the hell man.
I am.

Thing is, the rum I have right now isn't good enough to be sipped and at the moment I don't wanna spend money in a good one, so I'm looking for ideas.

I wrote I'm a rum aficionado, not a cocktail aficionado.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
The Dr Pepper
Yeah see, in Italy, Dr. Pepper = exotic drink that you don't find around in supermarkets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
So he's getting a late start, what of it?
Will do better tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Also, I believe he's in Italy, where it's early afternoon...
2:31pm at the moment, yeah.
__________________
Name's Luca.
worthwhile quotes, because quote boxes occupy too much space
Spambot_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:36 AM   #10
c3powil
on a coconut estate
 
c3powil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am going to come up with something that I have never had before but hope it will be delicious for you. First off, lets assume your rum is the typical Captain Morgans type cheap rum.

Lets throw in some grapefruitesque style bitters, and then zest a lemon right over the top.

IF you have it, a drop of liquid smoke would give you a nice peaty kick if thats your style.

Finally, instead of coke, I'm going to suggest an artisanal root beer, which can be had on tap at most craft beer shops.

Good luck!
and then realize that I know nothing about mixing drinks
__________________
Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs
c3powil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #11
Pastafarian96
The Pit's Scapegoat
 
Pastafarian96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: In the back paddock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spambot_2
I am.

Thing is, the rum I have right now isn't good enough to be sipped and at the moment I don't wanna spend money in a good one, so I'm looking for ideas.

alright then

I don't drink rum so I can't help you much but You could always try a simplified My Sharona if you don't mind something sweet, just need ginger beer, lemon and maybe raspberries. actually ginger and rum on it's own is really good anyway.
Pastafarian96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:20 AM   #12
Joshua Garcia
Hu$tler
 
Joshua Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Cointreau and lime juice?
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:24 AM   #13
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado
 
Spambot_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spambot_2
So the only requirement is that it has to be doable with rum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia
Cointreau and lime juice?
Man do you even?
__________________
Name's Luca.
worthwhile quotes, because quote boxes occupy too much space
Spambot_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #14
Wormholes
i love your wall
 
Wormholes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gin n Jenkum.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #15
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter
 
Dreadnought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
long island iced tea

edit: you'll have to buy lots more booze
__________________
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Dreadnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #16
Joshua Garcia
Hu$tler
 
Joshua Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spambot_2
Man do you even?
Are you saying you can't buy Cointreau, or that it wouldn't go with rum?
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #17
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado
 
Spambot_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Italy
^ I even have cointreau, but I want to use rum and there's no rum in cointreau & lime juice.
__________________
Name's Luca.
worthwhile quotes, because quote boxes occupy too much space
Spambot_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:13 PM   #18
Djaydjay
Registered User
 
Djaydjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Nothing beats a mojito!

But if you really want to enjoy it, make it with fresh ingredients!
Lime
Brown sugar
Mint
Sparkling water (or sprite/7up if your rum is really bad)
Ice

Best enjoyed in the sun (a wallpaper of a random island will otherwise do)
Djaydjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:58 PM   #19
Jet Penguin
Musical Chaos Theorist
 
Jet Penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MA
The Old-Fashioned. Duh...

Did not read OP.

Rum and OJ.
__________________
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Jet Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #20
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
 
theogonia777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 23/F/the backwoods
poison
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail
write 3 page long posts with the wrong opinions until people who don't actually read here or know anything about music theory promote you

worked for 20T


Pats killed McNair


Now you have no excuse...
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.