Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Guitarmaniac94

Boss RC 3 Mic?

Hey guys this is my first time and question on this but can anybody answer me this? can i connect a microphone directly into the boss rc 3?
Guitarmaniac94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Enix165
He's such a psycho!~

Well, you could use a vocal mic, those have standard 1/4" cables, but are you trying to use a condenser or something? You'd need a converter if that's the case.
Enix165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Guitarmaniac94

ah i want to do is plug in a mic and use it to sing and loop along with the guitar like
Guitarmaniac94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
IbanezBossShred
AxeMann

Talking

What he's saying is that some mic's can do it, some need a convertor/interface. If you want good quality, you will need to get a decent vocal mic. and an interface. I use a Shure 58 and a Presonus Audiobox USB. That runs about $250.00 USD for the whole setup. There are cheaper options, but you may also sacrifice some sound quality. How much are you willing to spend? I get my loops onto my RC-3 by recording them to computer, converting them to the proper format, then downloading them onto the RC-3. Might not be the easiest or cheapest method though, but I like the sound quality.

Last edited by IbanezBossShred : 12-30-2011 at 11:58 PM.
IbanezBossShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

So much cluelessness here. Yeah, you can plug a mic in using an XLR to jack cable. It might sound like arse, but it'll work.

Head honcho at Stubborn Sound!
https://soundcloud.com/stubbornsound
kyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
Oldmonkeys
- Also known as Matt

^this. the RC-20,30 & 50 have an xlr in so thats probably the ones you are needing to look at really.

They are a bit of a step up in price though

Gretsch Setzer Hot Rod
Gretsch Power Jet
Fender Tele
Wizard Modern Classic
Vox Lil' Night Train
Hame 2x12

[- "Uncool Aussie" of the Pedalboard Thread -]
Oldmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Bonedriven_

...so, my question is kind of the same. But what I need is some specific answer with details I've never done anything with microphone, the only one I used was simple computer mic for skype :] What I wanna do is to connecet Microphone to my boss rc3 looper. And I know you can probably connect some microphone straight in, but then in my understanding you cannot adjust the volume, so if you record other instruments on the looper, the mic might be too loud or not loud enough... So what else do I need to control mic? And it would be nice if I could connect mic through the same input as I connect guitar/bass. Or do I have to connect it throug the usb port, the one that is used to download the songs from rc3 onto computer?
Bonedriven_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: