Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #21
hornet224
a rock

You think you could to The Dark Messenger or Mystery Sword from FF9, next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
hornet224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #22
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet224
You think you could to The Dark Messenger or Mystery Sword from FF9, next?

No problem
gonzaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update:

Added FF9's Mystery Sword and Dark Messenger
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #24
hornet224
a rock

No offense, but...

I love you.

Quote:
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #25
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet224
No offense, but...

I love you.

I hope you love playing guitar as much as you love me, because there's a part in Dark Messenger that's hard as shit
Old 01-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #26
hornet224
a rock

Yeah, I saw that. I've got a LOT of work to do with my finger-picking technique before I can play that, lol. :P

Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #27
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update:

Added FF9's RUN! and Evil Forest Theme.

Once I finish the most popular themes from Disc 1 of FF9 I'll go to the most populars from Disc 1 of FF7, and so on

EDIT: Shit I forgot about Feel my Blade!

Gonna make that one next.

Also, I'd do the boss theme (since there aren't tabs for it anywhere), but there aren't any midis nor tabs that describe that bassline from the beginning of it, and I can't figure it out either >_>

Last edited by gonzaw : 01-23-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #28
HaydenHohns
Maths/Music Enthusiast

I have to say I'm really enjoying these arrangements of FF themes here (FF6 Battle Theme has been my favourite so far). I mean I'm not much of a fingerstylists or classical player (Although I thoroughly enjoy John Williams, the classical guitarist that is) but it's definitely helpful in composition. If your willing to, would you mind taking a stab at Caius' Theme ? It's from Final Fantasy 13-2 and it's very Romantic (The style, not the feeling) and dynamic.

Anyway, I'll give a detailed crit on my favourite piece you've done, Anxious Heart.

When doing the opening strums, I recommend allowing stroke to last longer such as an 8th or quarter note. I would also be willing to debate that it's in Fmin as opposed to Cmin which you have notated in. I thought the chromatic fill in bar 16 was in good taste. Nobuo was and still is good at sneaking in accidentals here and there. Otherwise, I thought it was really good.

For future thought, consider expanding the harmonic possibilities by adding in another guitar. So much more is possible with two or three guitarists.

Last edited by HaydenHohns : 01-24-2012 at 01:18 AM.
HaydenHohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #29
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update:

Added "Feel My Blade", and added 2 Queen Brahne's Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenHohns
I have to say I'm really enjoying these arrangements of FF themes here (FF6 Battle Theme has been my favourite so far). I mean I'm not much of a fingerstylists or classical player (Although I thoroughly enjoy John Williams, the classical guitarist that is) but it's definitely helpful in composition. If your willing to, would you mind taking a stab at Caius' Theme ? It's from Final Fantasy 13-2 and it's very Romantic (The style, not the feeling) and dynamic.

Anyway, I'll give a detailed crit on my favourite piece you've done, Anxious Heart.

When doing the opening strums, I recommend allowing stroke to last longer such as an 8th or quarter note. I would also be willing to debate that it's in Fmin as opposed to Cmin which you have notated in. I thought the chromatic fill in bar 16 was in good taste. Nobuo was and still is good at sneaking in accidentals here and there. Otherwise, I thought it was really good.

Thanks!

Yeah, I supposed it would be Fmin, but there were just so many accidentals, specially ones that were in-key if it were Cmin (plus it resolves to Cm at the beginning I think).
Yeah, I didn't actually sat and analyse the music theory behind these themes, I just tabbed them

Quote:
For future thought, consider expanding the harmonic possibilities by adding in another guitar. So much more is possible with two or three guitarists.

Well, I'm doing these mostly so I can play them by myself later (and so other people can too).
I doubt there will be a lot of moments in my life where I'm with another guitarist willing to play these songs with me and is capable of doing so (I'm not in any band or anything) though.

Quote:

Do you have any midi or sheet music (piano perhaps?) for it?

As you can see, I'm doing these arrangements quite quickly. It's because I download midis of the themes, and arrange it from there.

If not I would need to spend like 1 month arranging a single theme, and my goal is to arrange most of the FF9 and FF7 ones, so that would take a long time.
Not taking into account that I'd most certainly **** up the arrangement since I don't have a good ear, like at all. I wouldn't be able to finish the arrangements at all I think.

So if you have any already writen notation for that song I'd be happy to do it.

Also, I'm not really expecting any crits so don't feel obliged to give them or anything now.

Of course unless the tab is too difficult, or I ****ed up somewhere or stuff. Mainly because it's not my music, so there's not much to crit.

Oh and yeah, in the Queen Brahne theme, there's a part where you need to play the Bb from the 1st string and the F from the 6th string at the same time...

....good luck with that >_>
Old 01-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #30
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update:

Added FF9's Ice Cavern theme, the Overworld one, and the one that plays when you sleep in a tent.

Wow, the Ice Cavern one was harder to play than I thought >_>
Those damn intensity changes!

EDIT: I was wondering, have any of you actually learnt one of these arrangements and played it?

I want to know how difficult to actually learn them some of them are...

Since I'm wasting all my time arranging the themes, I don't have much time to play them

I did learn the Cosmo Canyon and the FF9 Opening Theme by heart, but those are the easiest, so I dunno.

Last edited by gonzaw : 01-26-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #31
Td_Nights
UG Fanatic

Location: If you're lookin' for me, better check under the sea...
I've decided to learn some of these. But I'm not exactly a great player, so all the dynamics are throwing me off.

So for difficulty, well, they're playable, I just need to finetune them >_>

Keep it up though, these are great.

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Td_Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #32
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update:

Added the Dali theme, the "Beyond the Twilight" one and the other Steiner one...

Once I finish Zidane's Theme, the Black Waltz one, and the other Vivi one I'll go on to FF7 (since I would finish Disc 1 of FF9).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Td_Nights
I've decided to learn some of these. But I'm not exactly a great player, so all the dynamics are throwing me off.

So for difficulty, well, they're playable, I just need to finetune them >_>

Keep it up though, these are great.

Which ones are you learning?

I'd like to know if someone tried to learn "The Castle"; "Birth of a God" or "Bombing Mission" yet >_>

EDIT: If someone has the midi for "Mistaken Love" I'd appreciate it if you could PM me it (I can't seem to find it anywhere).

Same goes for the FF9 Boss theme like I said earlier..

I would really like to arrange those two out..

Last edited by gonzaw : 01-27-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #33
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update:

Added Fleeting Life, Zidane's Theme and the Black Waltz theme.

Well, I'm done with Disc 1 of the FF9 OST, so I'll start doing themes from the FF7 OST's Disc 1.

Unless of course I can get the Mistaken Love midi
Old 01-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #34
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update Expresso:

Added FF7's Hurry!, Lurking in the Darkness and the Shinra theme.

But damn, FF7 are the hardest ones. There's one part in "Hurry!" that's almost impossible to play too.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #35
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update:

Added FF7's Mako Reactor Theme, the Church one, and the Turks one.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #36
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Ehmm, I need someone's advice on this, I don't know if I should include this song or not.

I'm currently doing "Underneath the Rotten Pizza", and well, there is a part where you need to play 2 notes 9 frets apart, from the 1st to the 6th string.
Maybe it's too much though, and the song is not that interesting to play.

I can scrap the song entirely anyways, it doesn't have much going on, it's just a bassline and 1 arpeggiated chord every 4 bars.

Here it is if anyone's interested, I don't really know if I should include it or not.

EDIT: Fixed some thing and reuploaded it
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Final Fantasy 7 - Underneath the Rotten Pizza.gp5 (4.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by gonzaw : 01-30-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:49 AM   #37
xbitmetal

Final fantasy 6 boss theme plz and I love you.

This one
xbitmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #38
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbitmetal
Final fantasy 6 boss theme plz and I love you.

This one

I already saw good tabs for it though, which is why I didn't make it (same as the FF7 and FF9 battle themes and stuff).

If I find I can make one that's somewhat good and more accurate, then I'll do it
Old 01-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #39
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update:

Whatever, I'll upload the Rotten Pizza one anyways.
Added the Wall Market them as well (Oppressed people) and that spooky one that plays when Cloud is mad as hell (it's short and maybe not very interesting to play on guiter, but meh, I'll put it anyways)
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #40
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Update:

Added FF7's "Infiltrating Shinra Tower", "Crazy Motorcycle Chase" and "Holding my Thoughts in my Heart"

Pheww, that's FF7 Disc 1 alright...

I'll start FF9's Disc 2 afterwards.

Rate This Thread: