Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

Lucero (Memphis Band)

Alright I'm starting a thread for one of my favorite bands, a punk rock/ alt country band from Tennessee. I couldn't figure out what forum to put them into, but since The Hold Steady has a thread here, I figure this will work.

My Top five tracks:

Raising Hell

The Last Song

The War

San Francisco

Smoke

One song each from five different albums respectively.

Discussion:

Go!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

Been getting really into them lately. Tennessee is a really good album. I think Slow Dancing and Ain't So Lonely are a couple of my favorite songs of theirs.
HeavyMetalMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.

Could've sworn there was a thread...good band though.

Bandcamp | Facebook | Deadformat | Last.fm
punkforlife93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

Got to say the three albums I was/am looking forward to most this year, were Lucero - Women & Work, The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten, and Murder by Death - Bitter Drink, Bitter Moon.

Loved Handwritten.

Bitter Drink, Bitter Moon not released yet though my vinyl pre-order should be shipping in like two weeks.

Really disappointed with Lucero's Women & Work, doesn't even really sound like the same band. Counting Dreaming in America, Attic Tapes, and Ben's Last Pale Light in the West, it's my least favorite Lucero album. That being said, caught 'em live in April, and I thought the new songs were great, but I was three sheets.

They are finally touring Europe, so hopefully they will get some great exposure, and recognition.

Oh, and Ben's track from his brother's film Take Shelter is pretty boss.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
theguy88

I love their album That Much Further West. The songs are all excellent and take you on a nice ride. Nothing overly complicated. Just real, hard life sung over twisty guitars.
theguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 AM   #6
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

I caught Lucero twice, in the last three days, and they were bad ass. Langhorne Slim, who I'd never seen before opened, and they were great as well. That guy is a hell of a songwriter. Well, they both are.

No matter what shit you're going through in your life, Lucero's probably got a song for it. Long live southern rock.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

I've been listening to Tennessee quite a bit the past week or so. That is a perfect album.
HeavyMetalMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalMan28
I've been listening to Tennessee quite a bit the past week or so. That is a perfect album.

While Nobody's Darlings is probably my favorite of theirs, Tennessee is pretty killer. I heard them play;

Nights Like These
Slow Dancing
Chain Link Fence
I'll Just Fall
Fistful of Tears

Between the two shows. No Sweet Little Thing though which is fairly surprising.

They have a new EP out called Texas & Tennessee.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:37 AM   #9
7thString
UG's fly on the wall

This didn't make your top 5 Toadvine? Yes its a cover but they do it so much better than Jawbreaker
7thString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #10
whywefight
I need loooooooo-

saw this band live once. they played for like, three times as long as the bands that opened for them.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #11
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thString
This didn't make your top 5 Toadvine? Yes its a cover but they do it so much better than Jawbreaker

You can't include a cover in your top five, them's against the rules.

They have a couple new songs on the Mud soundtrack.

Rate This Thread: