Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recording
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
darudesandstorm

M-Audio Fastrack vs Digitech RP360X/Line 6 PodHD500 etc

What's the difference between a dedicated interface vs the multi efx/guitar amp sim pedalboxes?
darudesandstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
diabolical

Most likely higher quality converters, better drivers and probably support for higher sample rates. If you're just starting out I guess it wouldn't matter much, but if you're thinking of miking more sources (cab, vocals, etc.) interface makes more sense in the long run.

If we're talking M-Audio Fastrack vs the processor's interface...probably not much. Are you really dead set on the M-Audio? There are better (Mackie, PreSonus, Focusrite, Roland) interface options for around same price.

Last edited by diabolical : 07-25-2015 at 04:30 PM.
diabolical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
darudesandstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolical
Most likely higher quality converters, better drivers and probably support for higher sample rates. If you're just starting out I guess it wouldn't matter much, but if you're thinking of miking more sources (cab, vocals, etc.) interface makes more sense in the long run.

If we're talking M-Audio Fastrack vs the processor's interface...probably not much. Are you really dead set on the M-Audio? There are better (Mackie, PreSonus, Focusrite, Roland) interface options for around same price.

no problem is that i already have an m-audio fasttrack and i was considering getting a digitechrp360x or a pod hd500x and wanted to make sure i'm not buying the same thing twice.
darudesandstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:47 PM   #4
diabolical

You're buying the processors, the USB interface is kinda becoming common on these, which is not a bad thing. I don't know which would sound better but say you're on a road trip and want to jam and record, you can take one thing less, I just take my GT-10 and leave the interface at home.
diabolical is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: