Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recording
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
SatrianiFreak

[Free VST] Realtime Guitar To Midi Converter (From Swedish Indie developer)

Hi Ultimate Guitar,

I have created a software which converts guitar to midi in realtime and has now entered the first beta stage.

See the live demonstration here: MiGiC Live Demo

Right now I am seeking beta testers who can help me find bugs and suggest new features, in return you will get the full version of MiGiC and all future updates

The beta is available for download at Bituosity

Currently supported platforms are Mac and Windows but I will soon have a version ready for the Raspberry Pi, Ubuntu and Linux Arch!

UPDATE: 2015-03-21 The first beta of the Windows VST is now finished and available for download. This will adress the crashes and other problems that people have came across in this thread. If you have any problems please contact me and I will help you!

Enjoy and good luck!

Last edited by SatrianiFreak : 03-21-2015 at 02:20 PM.
SatrianiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado

Will give it a try and report back with impressions, and let's hope it lives up to the hype you're putting up.

Also the "no latency" thing is top down false advertisement, put something like "near-zero latency" or something, but to say the thing adds no latency is hella dodgy.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
SatrianiFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spambot_2
Will give it a try and report back with impressions, and let's hope it lives up to the hype you're putting up.

Also the "no latency" thing is top down false advertisement, put something like "near-zero latency" or something, but to say the thing adds no latency is hella dodgy.

Yeah I really think that you should give it a try!

What I am aiming at is that there is no noticeable latency especially compared to other alternatives. Everything is relative.

But I do get your point, hope you will have a good time converting your guitar with near to zero latency using MiGiC

Last edited by SatrianiFreak : 03-06-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
MatrixClaw
UG God

Does it only work with single notes? I noticed you don't play any chords in the demo - though I understand why... it wouldn't be able to pick up each individual note... but it'd be cool to play an entire guitar part and then be able to pop a bass instrument on the MIDI and everything would be perfectly in sync. This would cut down on editing so much, it's not even funny

Can it convert an existing track to MIDI as well?

Definitely going to give this a shot this weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #5
SatrianiFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixClaw
Does it only work with single notes? I noticed you don't play any chords in the demo - though I understand why... it wouldn't be able to pick up each individual note... but it'd be cool to play an entire guitar part and then be able to pop a bass instrument on the MIDI and everything would be perfectly in sync. This would cut down on editing so much, it's not even funny

Can it convert an existing track to MIDI as well?

Definitely going to give this a shot this weekend

Hi!

As this is the first beta the polyphonic pitch detection is not available but it is under development and will be added after two or three additional beta releases, I have actually mapped out an enable button in the GUI which at this point "can't be enabled" though but it will be added with the price of a small latency..

Right now it is implemented as a stand alone application which process the audio in realtime. You could use sound flower to route the audio into the program and record the resulting midi Right now I am in the process of migrating the application to audio unit, VST and AAX so that it can be used as a plug in inside your DAW rather than a standalone application. Then it will be even easier since you can convert your tracks directly in your DAW.

I would be very happy if you gave it a try, a lot of hard work has been put in to this project
Old 03-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #6
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Heh, I'll give it a try when I get a chance this weekend
Old 03-06-2015, 01:16 PM   #7
CorrosionMedia
Almost Sane

Well, I installed it. Most of the time, it crashes. Other times, it doesn't pick up input from the guitar.
Win 7 x64
show

Here's my SoundCloud Page
(Mostly rough demos/protos)
And my Bandcamp
(Much the same, but expensive and covered in bees)

Last edited by CorrosionMedia : 03-06-2015 at 01:17 PM.
CorrosionMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #8
Schecter_6661

Definitely look interesting.
Schecter_6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:19 PM   #9
SatrianiFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrosionMedia
Well, I installed it. Most of the time, it crashes. Other times, it doesn't pick up input from the guitar.
Win 7 x64
show

The Windows version needs a "hack" in order to work due to the poor nature of ASIO.. ASIO is designed in order to work with one program at a time.. I am currently developing a VST-pluging to use inside the DAW instead so only one program needs to be running..

These crashes sounds ASIO-related, are you using the original ASIO-driver for you sound card, ASIO4ALL or the ASIO multi-server? If you have a sound card with a native ASIO-driver I would like you to select that in MiGiC under settings and verity that the crashes are gone and that MiGiC will sense your guitar, (set "sens" under "converstion" to 100 and you should get a ton of notes ) Would be really helpful so! Thank you very much for helping me
Old 03-06-2015, 05:04 PM   #10
CorrosionMedia
Almost Sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatrianiFreak
I would like you to select that in MiGiC under settings and verity that the crashes are gone and that MiGiC will sense your guitar, (set "sens" under "converstion" to 100 and you should get a ton of notes )

Unfortunately, I don't get that far. I just open it up and it immediately crashes.

Here's my SoundCloud Page
(Mostly rough demos/protos)
And my Bandcamp
(Much the same, but expensive and covered in bees)
CorrosionMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:57 AM   #11
SatrianiFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrosionMedia
Unfortunately, I don't get that far. I just open it up and it immediately crashes.

Okay, that has never happened before, I have reports of people successfully running on Windows 7 but perhaps on other platform or something.. Might need to recompile purely for x64, although I must ask if you installed all the dependencies at the end of the installation? Rtpmidi is a requirement needed in order to even start the application, I can also imagine that there might be a problem if you install both ASIO4ALL and asio multi server, what did you install? Cheers
Old 03-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #12
SatrianiFreak

UPDATE: 2015-03-07 Due to the fact that ASIO is only capable of delivering audio to ONE application at a time, the Windows version needs additional software in order to let you use your soundcard in both MiGiC and your favourite DAW. As this may is very inconvenient and may cause error I am working on a VST plugin that is running directly in your DAW eleminating the need for the extra software. I am working as fast as I can on this plugin, all features will still be availible and it is expected to be finished in the next couple of weeks. I have successfully ported the audio algorithms but I will have to rewrite the entire GUI, I have a simple GUI which still enables all the functionalities of MiGiC, and if there any interest I can upload that plugin in the meantime. 2015-03-07

Last edited by SatrianiFreak : 03-08-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:55 AM   #13
Slavic_Mikowski

Did you mean 2015-03-07 ? I don't think its April yet
Slavic_Mikowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:54 AM   #14
SatrianiFreak

US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavic_Mikowski
Did you mean 2015-03-07 ? I don't think its April yet

I checked my calendar and... you are right! Thanks
Old 03-21-2015, 02:20 PM   #15
SatrianiFreak

UPDATE: 2015-03-21 The first beta of the Windows VST is now finished and available for download. This will adress the crashes and other problems that people have came across in this thread. If you have any problems please contact me and I will help you!

Rate This Thread: