Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Pop Punk & Emo
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #41
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
 
datskramzkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by asixex
I don't understand the hate. I think they're a pretty good band. To each his own, guys.

Example: You may all like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Personally, I don't enjoy their music.

Just my two cents. This band kicks ass, to me, personally.

So to all the haters, just fuck off.

Thanks.

Yeah, how do you think this band is good? They have two songs, both are extremely boring (even compared to bands like Escape The Fate and Black Veil Brides and Aiden, who I guess are similar, who for the sake of this, are "good at what they do"). Their singer has no range, the guitar parts are all powerchords which are just ripoffs of other songs' progressions, sometimes they go off time. The breakdowns aren't doing anything special. Melodies are lame. No solos, which I hate solos, but for something this boring, a few licks here and there can do something good. Autotune is unlistenable. They sound like they're playing through Line 6 Spiders. The drumming is bad. They also have like one original song, which in your defence isn't enough to write them off (But how they've gained success through their appearance with no music is more than enough to write them off), but it also isn't enough to call them good, considering that one song is also very bad.

These aren't even opinions, they're facts. I'd actually like to know why you like this band. It's just like if I started listening to this shitty pop punk local band who can't play their instruments and write Green Day ripoffs, because I like better pop punk bands.

And no one listens to Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, smarten up.

And you told us "to each his own" then you tell haters to "fuck off. Which one is it?
datskramzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #42
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by datskramzkid
Yeah, how do you think this band is good? They have two songs, both are extremely boring (even compared to bands like Escape The Fate and Black Veil Brides and Aiden, who I guess are similar, who for the sake of this, are "good at what they do"). Their singer has no range, the guitar parts are all powerchords which are just ripoffs of other songs' progressions, sometimes they go off time. The breakdowns aren't doing anything special. Melodies are lame. No solos, which I hate solos, but for something this boring, a few licks here and there can do something good. Autotune is unlistenable. They sound like they're playing through Line 6 Spiders. The drumming is bad. They also have like one original song, which in your defence isn't enough to write them off (But how they've gained success through their appearance with no music is more than enough to write them off), but it also isn't enough to call them good, considering that one song is also very bad.

These aren't even opinions, they're facts. I'd actually like to know why you like this band. It's just like if I started listening to this shitty pop punk local band who can't play their instruments and write Green Day ripoffs, because I like better pop punk bands.

And no one listens to Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, smarten up.

And you told us "to each his own" then you tell haters to "fuck off. Which one is it?



Woah man, calling BvB good is walking the fine line of insanity
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #43
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
 
nashawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mississauga, ON
Oh shut up. Don't pull the "LOL I DONT GET YOUR INTENT DERPDADERP" crap.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #44
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
 
datskramzkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Woah man, calling BvB good is walking the fine line of insanity

I thought I was clear...

I mean if you're going to do that nu-glam rock thing, BVB is the best at what they do.
datskramzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #45
InstantAXonHero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asixex
I don't understand the hate. I think they're a pretty good band. To each his own, guys.

Example: You may all like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Personally, I don't enjoy their music.

Just my two cents. This band kicks ass, to me, personally.

So to all the haters, just fuck off.

Thanks.


^ This guy is definitely in the band.

__________________
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
InstantAXonHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #46
EndTheRapture51
#madbantz
 
EndTheRapture51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
This is a terrible band. They aren't pop punk, the music is badly produced and terrible and they seem like a terrible local band.

Everyone should listen to Decade, Me Vs Hero or Save Your Breath instead of this shit.
__________________
#WengerOut
EndTheRapture51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #47
InstantAXonHero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Everyone should listen to Decade, Me Vs Hero or Save Your Breath instead of this shit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
This is a terrible band.


__________________
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
InstantAXonHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #48
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
 
phoenix_crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
This is a terrible band. They aren't pop punk, the music is badly produced and terrible and they seem like a terrible local band.

Everyone should listen to Decade, Me Vs Hero or Save Your Breath instead of this shit.

Everyone should listen to Converge, Loma Prieta, and Native instead of that shit.
__________________
last.fm
deadformat
yusuke

Ampeg V4, Acoustic 450, Laney AOR 50
Mesa 2x12, Acoustic 2x15, Acoustic 4x12
phoenix_crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #49
asixex
Registered User
 
asixex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
How do you think they're a good band? What makes you say they're good?

I'm 100% genuinely curious.


I just like the band. The song I posted on here, I enjoy it. It's got a nice rhythm, good lyrics, and just in general appeals to my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datskramzkid
And you told us "to each his own" then you tell haters to "**** off. Which one is it?


Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I believe in that. I tell the haters to **** off, though, because they're blatantly hating the band without giving the band a listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantAXonHero
^ This guy is definitely in the band.



No, I'm not. If I were, I'd be in the promoting band section going '**** yeah bro listen to our band 'cause we're the best in town!' or some kind of hyper-active ADD-type catcher.
__________________
This post brought to you thoughtfully by Syx

.show_Gear://
.load_guitar: Jackson_Rhoads.24_frets
.load_amp: Crate_G40C
.load_pedals: Digitech_distortionfactory_7 ; Dunlop_original_crybaby
.load_mic: Shure_PG58

Last edited by asixex : 01-13-2012 at 12:23 PM.
asixex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #50
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
 
datskramzkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by asixex
I just like the band. The song I posted on here, I enjoy it. It's got a nice rhythm, good lyrics, and just in general appeals to my tastes.



Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I believe in that. I tell the haters to **** off, though, because they're blatantly hating the band without giving the band a listen.



No, I'm not. If I were, I'd be in the promoting band section going '**** yeah bro listen to our band 'cause we're the best in town!' or some kind of hyper-active ADD-type catcher.

They have no rhythm, and terrible lyrics.

And "haters" here have a reason to hate/greatly dislike. I've known about this band for close to two years now (or whenever they formed, or whatever), and I'm friends with both of their former drummers. Most people here have given this band a listen, because I've brought them up in discussions about the worst possible local bands.
datskramzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #51
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by asixex
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I believe in that. I tell the haters to **** off, though, because they're blatantly hating the band without giving the band a listen.


I think the world may have a use for you clandestine powers, maybe you should approach the UN?
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #52
asixex
Registered User
 
asixex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
I think the world may have a use for you clandestine powers, maybe you should approach the UN?


Clandestine powers? ... I don't have any powers. And what would I do at the UN? I know nothing of war, countries, etc.
__________________
This post brought to you thoughtfully by Syx

.show_Gear://
.load_guitar: Jackson_Rhoads.24_frets
.load_amp: Crate_G40C
.load_pedals: Digitech_distortionfactory_7 ; Dunlop_original_crybaby
.load_mic: Shure_PG58
asixex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #53
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Your ability to know exactly what people have and haven't done without any form of proof. It could turn the tides of wars.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 01-13-2012 at 01:21 PM.
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #54
EndTheRapture51
#madbantz
 
EndTheRapture51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_crush
Everyone should listen to Converge, Loma Prieta, and Native instead of that shit.


This isn't the hardcore forum though.
__________________
#WengerOut
EndTheRapture51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #55
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Then everyone should listen to Joyce Manor, Rainer Maria, and Knapsack! \m/ \m/
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #56
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by asixex
I just like the band. The song I posted on here, I enjoy it. It's got a nice rhythm, good lyrics, and just in general appeals to my tastes.


Are you 14? Do you have a vagina?
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #57
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
 
BK202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, Darkwave City
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Are you 14? Do you have a vagina?

14 year old vagina is the best vagina
__________________
SO I HEARD YOU LIKE CHICAGO SKRAMLORDS

http://barelyhumanstoleyourboyfriend.blogspot.com/

RIP Troy Davis.
BK202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #58
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
 
datskramzkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK202
14 year old vagina is the best vagina

Sup justin
datskramzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #59
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.
 
the_astronaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sheffield up your speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIxx...e4dRVAAAAAAAAAA

The guitarist on the left looks like he's just started playing that day.
__________________
there is no fear in this heart.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?



the_astronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #60
08L1V10N
UG Addict
 
08L1V10N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Netherlands
Wow this is not even awful anymore this is just painful...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
08L1V10N is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.