Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #21
Lespauljames
UG Member

TO the guy who thinks its just explosions.
Sometimes its just nice to Roleplay a bit. Go for a Drive. Listen to some Tunes. Pick up a Hooker....
Lespauljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #22
Confuse-a-Cat
The Jackson Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMyLightning
So it'll supposedly be just fuckin' HUGE.

As big as Daggerfall? I think not. That's huge.

I got bored of GTAIV as well. It was too repetitive. Sure it looked nice, especially once I'd plugged in my overclocked GTX460 and turned up the draw distances, but I got fed up of the gameplay.

My favourite bit was the radio station that would play your own music library...
Confuse-a-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #23
padgea7x
I'll wank you, you dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespauljames
Sometimes its just nice to Roleplay a bit. Go for a Drive. Listen to some Tunes. Pick up a Hooker....

Agreed.
My favourite part of San Andreas/whatever it's called was driving round the mountains and canyons and such like. That's when I used to think the graphics were good.

I liked Red Dead Redemption. I actually got depressed when John died.

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off

padgea7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #24
BottleOfSmoke
Sludge Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespauljames

this! I used to love to smoke some weed, pop in GTA4, wait till night time and drive around the park in upper broker while listening to "The Journey". No killing, no speeding... just driving around high obeying all the traffic laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #25
BDR_23
Banned

ITT: people complaining about video games - first world problems lol
BDR_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #26
teachmeviolence
Only posts in the Pit

Quote:
Go play GTA III, then play GTA IV. Tell me how similar those cities are.

It has more to with the atmosphere than the actual map design. Like, I thought San Andreas had a very similar vibe to Vice City, for example. Plus, the idea of a new location was one of the biggest things I was excited about for GTA V, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Mainly, though, it's that the basic gameplay mechanics hasn't changed at all. I think one way the series could be improved is to focus completely on creating an immersive world and abandoning the concept of a main storyline altogether. Not that I didn't like GTA IV's story, but after a while it just felt like an average third-person shooter that happened to be set in one giant map as opposed to a bunch of smaller ones.
teachmeviolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #27
institutions
i ply base

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleOfSmoke
Seriously, how could anybody be disappointed with GTA4? That game was f'ing tits for all intents and purposes. You guys have way to high standards. It's going to be:
-A looonnngg Game
-In a Massive world/city/place
-With fun physics/pretty smooth controls,
-The ability to send pedestrians flying 300 feet off the bumper of a lambo
-All of this in Multiplayer!

come on folks, do you know how much of a bitch it is to make something like this?

But it isn't really a massive world/city/place when you take into account that the only buildings with interiors are stores, and there are only a handful of those.

Basically the game is just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over.

Driving into people and watching them go flying off my screen is fun though.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, dark souls 1, smash 4 (wii u)
institutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #28
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!

I was really impressed with GTA IV, and I've got high hopes for this one.

If I'm lucky, those hopes won't be crushed by this game the way they have been for every other recent game that wasn't Skyward Sword.
Flying Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #29
Dregen
system blower system over

Don't really care about this. I've never cared for GTA.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
FearMyLightning
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachmeviolence
It has more to with the atmosphere than the actual map design. Like, I thought San Andreas had a very similar vibe to Vice City, for example. Plus, the idea of a new location was one of the biggest things I was excited about for GTA V, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Mainly, though, it's that the basic gameplay mechanics hasn't changed at all. I think one way the series could be improved is to focus completely on creating an immersive world and abandoning the concept of a main storyline altogether. Not that I didn't like GTA IV's story, but after a while it just felt like an average third-person shooter that happened to be set in one giant map as opposed to a bunch of smaller ones.

SA didn't feel like VC at all to me, felt more 90's and less 80's (lol) but mostly it was all that wilderness and stuff. It didn't feel as, idk... Beachy either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Couch
I was really impressed with GTA IV, and I've got high hopes for this one.

If I'm lucky, those hopes won't be crushed by this game the way they have been for every other recent game that wasn't Skyward Sword.

Rockstar is the one developer that I can half-trust to deliver. I mean I bought Red Dead Redemption, I didn't even think I'd like it, then it turned out to be badass.

Last edited by FearMyLightning : 01-15-2012 at 07:13 PM.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #31
ninnipinni93
hates weirdos

My favorite thing to do in gta is searchbarring like crazy til the cops catch me.
ninnipinni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #32
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!

Quote:
Rockstar is the one developer that I can half-trust to deliver. I mean I bought Red Dead Redemption, I didn't even think I'd like it, then it turned out to be badass.

Yeah. I think pretty highly of Rockstar, just everything else recently except Zelda has been so crushingly disappointing to me that it's difficult to get too excited.

Hopefully the selection of cars, and more importantly the selection of motorcycles, is excellent. Thought I saw an R8 Spyder in that vid.
Flying Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #33
BottleOfSmoke
Sludge Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
But it isn't really a massive world/city/place when you take into account that the only buildings with interiors are stores, and there are only a handful of those.

Basically the game is just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over.

Driving into people and watching them go flying off my screen is fun though.

it's called scenery. cities are basically just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over unless you're willing to break the law in most cases (trespassing). I don't live in a city, so it was cool to drive all over the place and take in the different areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #34
pwnadgebunny

i'm looking more forward to max payne 3 than gta 5. i'm a big fan of the max payne games and have been waiting years for the third game. i was kind of disappointed with gta 4, i like saints row the third a lot better.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
pwnadgebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #35
Alex_WK

I'm worried they won't change it at all and just think 'GTA IV was successful lets do that again but with a different story.'
Basically I think it needs something that makes it different from other GTAs to hold my interest
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Alex_WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #36
institutions
i ply base

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleOfSmoke
it's called scenery. cities are basically just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over unless you're willing to break the law in most cases (trespassing). I don't live in a city, so it was cool to drive all over the place and take in the different areas.

Yeah, that sounds like it would be cool every once in a while but not when the character lives in the city and drives down those same roads every day. Then it becomes monotonous, because nothing ever changes, really.

I'd also like to see NPCs get more of a personality. Right now all i've seen is them scatter when I drive up to them/honk at them, and some buy hotdogs from stands. They're basically walking mannequins. I want them to interact with eachother and make it feel like a real city.

I want the option of being able to break the law, and enter peoples houses and apartments.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
Old 01-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #37
FearMyLightning
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
Yeah, that sounds like it would be cool every once in a while but not when the character lives in the city and drives down those same roads every day. Then it becomes monotonous, because nothing ever changes, really.

I'd also like to see NPCs get more of a personality. Right now all i've seen is them scatter when I drive up to them/honk at them, and some buy hotdogs from stands. They're basically walking mannequins. I want them to interact with eachother and make it feel like a real city.

I want the option of being able to break the law, and enter peoples houses and apartments.

That's why R* makes oncoming traffic turn in front of you.

Edit: So you want to walk inside a house, to see a bunch of furniture and maybe a TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninnipinni93
My favorite thing to do in gta is searchbarring like crazy til the cops catch me.

I haven't seen any GTA 5 threads.

Last edited by FearMyLightning : 01-15-2012 at 07:35 PM.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #38
Jackintehbox
Banana in the street

Lol @ people not getting excited for this game. GTA IV was one of the most well-made games ever, and I can't even think of a disappointing Rockstar game that I've played. GTA V will be amazing.
Jackintehbox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #39
burghUK

I hope they add anti-aliasing this time. GTA 4 looked really really bad.
burghUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #40
institutions
i ply base

Quote:
That's why R* makes oncoming traffic turn in front of you.

Edit: So you want to walk inside a house, to see a bunch of furniture and maybe a TV?

Even non-oncoming cars do that.
I always rage when trying to gain speed while driving my motorcycle between the two lanes, and a car swerves either right in front of me or into the side of me

And yeah, even a little stuff like that would be much better than the way GTA IV was.

Overhauling NPCs is probably my main want though.

Either way i'll be buying this and enjoying the hell out of it.

=^● ⋏ ●^=

Rate This Thread: