Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #21
Lespauljames
UG Member
 
Lespauljames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
TO the guy who thinks its just explosions.
Sometimes its just nice to Roleplay a bit. Go for a Drive. Listen to some Tunes. Pick up a Hooker....
Lespauljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #22
Confuse-a-Cat
The Jackson Guy
 
Confuse-a-Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leicestershire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMyLightning
So it'll supposedly be just fuckin' HUGE.


As big as Daggerfall? I think not. That's huge.

I got bored of GTAIV as well. It was too repetitive. Sure it looked nice, especially once I'd plugged in my overclocked GTX460 and turned up the draw distances, but I got fed up of the gameplay.

My favourite bit was the radio station that would play your own music library...
Confuse-a-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #23
padgea7x
I'll wank you, you dick.
 
padgea7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yoker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespauljames
TO the guy who thinks its just explosions.
Sometimes its just nice to Roleplay a bit. Go for a Drive. Listen to some Tunes. Pick up a Hooker....

Agreed.
My favourite part of San Andreas/whatever it's called was driving round the mountains and canyons and such like. That's when I used to think the graphics were good.




I liked Red Dead Redemption. I actually got depressed when John died.
__________________
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.


I'm a firework, primed to go off

padgea7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #24
BottleOfSmoke
Sludge Beard
 
BottleOfSmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ember City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespauljames
TO the guy who thinks its just explosions.
Sometimes its just nice to Roleplay a bit. Go for a Drive. Listen to some Tunes. Pick up a Hooker....

this! I used to love to smoke some weed, pop in GTA4, wait till night time and drive around the park in upper broker while listening to "The Journey". No killing, no speeding... just driving around high obeying all the traffic laws.
__________________
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #25
BDR_23
Banned
 
BDR_23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
ITT: people complaining about video games - first world problems lol
BDR_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #26
teachmeviolence
Only posts in the Pit
 
teachmeviolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMyLightning
Go play GTA III, then play GTA IV. Tell me how similar those cities are.


It has more to with the atmosphere than the actual map design. Like, I thought San Andreas had a very similar vibe to Vice City, for example. Plus, the idea of a new location was one of the biggest things I was excited about for GTA V, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Mainly, though, it's that the basic gameplay mechanics hasn't changed at all. I think one way the series could be improved is to focus completely on creating an immersive world and abandoning the concept of a main storyline altogether. Not that I didn't like GTA IV's story, but after a while it just felt like an average third-person shooter that happened to be set in one giant map as opposed to a bunch of smaller ones.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
teachmeviolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #27
institutions
i ply base
 
institutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleOfSmoke
Seriously, how could anybody be disappointed with GTA4? That game was f'ing tits for all intents and purposes. You guys have way to high standards. It's going to be:
-A looonnngg Game
-In a Massive world/city/place
-With fun physics/pretty smooth controls,
-The ability to send pedestrians flying 300 feet off the bumper of a lambo
-All of this in Multiplayer!

come on folks, do you know how much of a bitch it is to make something like this?


But it isn't really a massive world/city/place when you take into account that the only buildings with interiors are stores, and there are only a handful of those.

Basically the game is just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over.

Driving into people and watching them go flying off my screen is fun though.
__________________

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, dark souls 1, smash 4 (wii u)
institutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #28
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!
 
Flying Couch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I was really impressed with GTA IV, and I've got high hopes for this one.

If I'm lucky, those hopes won't be crushed by this game the way they have been for every other recent game that wasn't Skyward Sword.
Flying Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #29
Dregen
system blower system over
 
Dregen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: what is it where is it and how will it affect me
Don't really care about this. I've never cared for GTA.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
FearMyLightning
Banned
 
FearMyLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachmeviolence
It has more to with the atmosphere than the actual map design. Like, I thought San Andreas had a very similar vibe to Vice City, for example. Plus, the idea of a new location was one of the biggest things I was excited about for GTA V, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Mainly, though, it's that the basic gameplay mechanics hasn't changed at all. I think one way the series could be improved is to focus completely on creating an immersive world and abandoning the concept of a main storyline altogether. Not that I didn't like GTA IV's story, but after a while it just felt like an average third-person shooter that happened to be set in one giant map as opposed to a bunch of smaller ones.


SA didn't feel like VC at all to me, felt more 90's and less 80's (lol) but mostly it was all that wilderness and stuff. It didn't feel as, idk... Beachy either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Couch
I was really impressed with GTA IV, and I've got high hopes for this one.

If I'm lucky, those hopes won't be crushed by this game the way they have been for every other recent game that wasn't Skyward Sword.


Rockstar is the one developer that I can half-trust to deliver. I mean I bought Red Dead Redemption, I didn't even think I'd like it, then it turned out to be badass.

Last edited by FearMyLightning : 01-15-2012 at 07:13 PM.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #31
ninnipinni93
hates weirdos
 
ninnipinni93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Iceland
My favorite thing to do in gta is searchbarring like crazy til the cops catch me.
ninnipinni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #32
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!
 
Flying Couch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMyLightning
Rockstar is the one developer that I can half-trust to deliver. I mean I bought Red Dead Redemption, I didn't even think I'd like it, then it turned out to be badass.

Yeah. I think pretty highly of Rockstar, just everything else recently except Zelda has been so crushingly disappointing to me that it's difficult to get too excited.

Hopefully the selection of cars, and more importantly the selection of motorcycles, is excellent. Thought I saw an R8 Spyder in that vid.
Flying Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #33
BottleOfSmoke
Sludge Beard
 
BottleOfSmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ember City
Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
But it isn't really a massive world/city/place when you take into account that the only buildings with interiors are stores, and there are only a handful of those.

Basically the game is just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over.

Driving into people and watching them go flying off my screen is fun though.

it's called scenery. cities are basically just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over unless you're willing to break the law in most cases (trespassing). I don't live in a city, so it was cool to drive all over the place and take in the different areas.
__________________
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #34
pwnadgebunny
Registered User
 
pwnadgebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the limelight
i'm looking more forward to max payne 3 than gta 5. i'm a big fan of the max payne games and have been waiting years for the third game. i was kind of disappointed with gta 4, i like saints row the third a lot better.
__________________

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
pwnadgebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #35
Alex_WK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I'm worried they won't change it at all and just think 'GTA IV was successful lets do that again but with a different story.'
Basically I think it needs something that makes it different from other GTAs to hold my interest
__________________
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Alex_WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #36
institutions
i ply base
 
institutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleOfSmoke
it's called scenery. cities are basically just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over unless you're willing to break the law in most cases (trespassing). I don't live in a city, so it was cool to drive all over the place and take in the different areas.


Yeah, that sounds like it would be cool every once in a while but not when the character lives in the city and drives down those same roads every day. Then it becomes monotonous, because nothing ever changes, really.

I'd also like to see NPCs get more of a personality. Right now all i've seen is them scatter when I drive up to them/honk at them, and some buy hotdogs from stands. They're basically walking mannequins. I want them to interact with eachother and make it feel like a real city.

I want the option of being able to break the law, and enter peoples houses and apartments.
__________________

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, dark souls 1, smash 4 (wii u)
institutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #37
FearMyLightning
Banned
 
FearMyLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
Yeah, that sounds like it would be cool every once in a while but not when the character lives in the city and drives down those same roads every day. Then it becomes monotonous, because nothing ever changes, really.

I'd also like to see NPCs get more of a personality. Right now all i've seen is them scatter when I drive up to them/honk at them, and some buy hotdogs from stands. They're basically walking mannequins. I want them to interact with eachother and make it feel like a real city.

I want the option of being able to break the law, and enter peoples houses and apartments.



That's why R* makes oncoming traffic turn in front of you.

Edit: So you want to walk inside a house, to see a bunch of furniture and maybe a TV?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ninnipinni93
My favorite thing to do in gta is searchbarring like crazy til the cops catch me.


I haven't seen any GTA 5 threads.

Last edited by FearMyLightning : 01-15-2012 at 07:35 PM.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #38
Jackintehbox
Banana in the street
 
Jackintehbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Lol @ people not getting excited for this game. GTA IV was one of the most well-made games ever, and I can't even think of a disappointing Rockstar game that I've played. GTA V will be amazing.
Jackintehbox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #39
burghUK
Registered User
 
burghUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
I hope they add anti-aliasing this time. GTA 4 looked really really bad.
burghUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #40
institutions
i ply base
 
institutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMyLightning
That's why R* makes oncoming traffic turn in front of you.

Edit: So you want to walk inside a house, to see a bunch of furniture and maybe a TV?


Even non-oncoming cars do that.
I always rage when trying to gain speed while driving my motorcycle between the two lanes, and a car swerves either right in front of me or into the side of me

And yeah, even a little stuff like that would be much better than the way GTA IV was.

Overhauling NPCs is probably my main want though.

Either way i'll be buying this and enjoying the hell out of it.
__________________

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, dark souls 1, smash 4 (wii u)
institutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.