User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #81
Trowzaa
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donender
It looks awesome. I still play GTA IV for fun, i would play SA but the controls are awkward with a 360 controller.

Really? I thought the GTA IV controls were awful. I want to piss about and go 100mph and then do a sharp right turn. GTA IV you go 100mph, try to turn/brake and go straight into a wall and launch 500 feet away.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #82
vince1991
The pube in your yogurt

so far the world and graphics are looking ****ing awesome, assuming they will fine tune the controls some more this game is going to be great.

i hope they will bring back stuff to mess around with. like monster trucks and shit like that.. and IMO the car handling in gta IV is one of the best in gaming so far once you perfect your controller skills a bit, but hope they will improve the feel and graphics when going off-road.. (not that there was much offroading in IV's boring map..)

i always thought a combination of SA environment and GTA IV graphics/handling would be the perfect GTA but it looks like they might be doing even better than that.. lets hope it doesn't turn out to be a disappointment... but i have faith in Rockstar it will be uber awesome

Last edited by vince1991 : 10-18-2012 at 12:27 PM.
vince1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #83
donender
Get back to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
Really? I thought the GTA IV controls were awful. I want to piss about and go 100mph and then do a sharp right turn. GTA IV you go 100mph, try to turn/brake and go straight into a wall and launch 500 feet away.

No, i meant that the button layout just didn't translate too well, maybe i just need to configure it, but the first and only time i tried SA on 360, i tried to do a drive by and ended up crashing into the sea because i had to concentrate on about three different buttons, two joysticks, and a shoulder button at the same time.

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
donender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #84
sebastian_96
I spared no expense

So keen for this game dammit!
Almost a year since the game was announced and no release date. The next Game Informer shall make everything okay!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...gtav-crews.html

Rockstar a looking to the public for multiplayer/Social Club idea. If you have any good ideas you should give them a shout.

the muffin!
sebastian_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #85
FearMyLightning
Banned

RELEASE DATE lS 12/31/2012. PRE-ORDERING THIS NOW.

Man I'm so fucking excited. Just googled it to see if there was any news, and saw I could pre-order it.

It's been a year (Already?) since the first trailer was released. I'm ready for GTA V bitches.

Pre-ordered it for in-store pickup too. I'm going to get so drunk on new-years and play this.

Last edited by FearMyLightning : 11-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #86
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Cannae wait.

edit: ^I don't think you've got the right release date, there. Their website says spring.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.

Last edited by Hydra150 : 11-10-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Hydra150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #87
WCPhils
Banned

GTA5 is NOT coming out in December

http://www.igta5.com/release-date

Last edited by WCPhils : 11-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #88
Valgoroth

I can't wait to go on more bowling dates with my cousin!
Valgoroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #89
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus

So glad it's San Andreas this time and not boring Liberty City. It's looking seriously awesome, and I hate to bitch, but I wish that you could actually customize your character's appearance (height, face, hair, skin, etc.) and not just clothing. They have yet to make a character look vaguely like me, and I donno, I think it's cool seeing a little me running around doing crazy shit that I'd never do in real life.

Rockstar always make awesome games but they never allow the player to do that. I mean, it'd bump the game up a point or two for me, even if there were certain parameters to prevent the character from looking completely ridiculous.

All that aside, I'm sure the shooting controls will be greatly improved, as that always seems to be an issue with the previous games.

Last edited by MrDo0m : 11-10-2012 at 01:46 PM.
MrDo0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #90
WCPhils
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDo0m
So glad it's San Andreas this time and not boring Liberty City. It's looking seriously awesome, and I hate to bitch, but I wish that you could actually customize your character's appearance (height, face, hair, skin, etc.) and not just clothing. Rockstar always make awesome games but they never allow the player to do that. I mean, it'd bump the game up a point or two for me, even if there were certain parameters to prevent the character from looking completely ridiculous.

I disagree

They make the story around the character. Take Red Dead Redemption for example. That game wouldn't have been the same if you could make John some 400 pound Asian guy with a mohawk. Or a girl for that matter.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #91
Weaponized

gpa more like gta

last.fm

Last edited by Weaponized : 09-15-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #92
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
I disagree

They make the story around the character. Take Red Dead Redemption for example. That game wouldn't have been the same if you could make John some 400 pound Asian guy with a mohawk. Or a girl for that matter.

Yeah, I agree with that statement. I understand gender plays a pretty big role in how a story plays out (and race to a lesser degree), because being able to choose the gender and having a catch-all kind of story with maybe a few modified responses to accomodate your character's gender can make a story more impersonal, but I still think if certain parameters exist within character creation, that should prevent you having a ridiculous looking character whose appearance doesn't fit the story.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #93
pwnadgebunny

Los Santos seems a lot more interesting than Liberty City and the extra little things sound awesome so far (diving, planes, etc.). 3 protagonists also seems really cool and a new thing to add into the series, and i'm liking the sound of the driving being "like a racing game". definitely looking forward to this one, hopefully it goes back to what made GTA fun in the first place. also we need some fun CHEATS, that's something GTA 4 failed with.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
pwnadgebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #94
FearMyLightning
Banned

WOW that's gay. Faking dates in order to get pre-orders? Oh well it didn't cost me anything so I'm just going to keep it and pick it up in store when it comes out.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #95
WCPhils
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDo0m
Yeah, I agree with that statement. I understand gender plays a pretty big role in how a story plays out (and race to a lesser degree), because being able to choose the gender and having a catch-all kind of story with maybe a few modified responses to accomodate your character's gender can make a story more impersonal, but I still think if certain parameters exist within character creation, that should prevent you having a ridiculous looking character whose appearance doesn't fit the story.

I see where you're coming from. Some facial features, hair color, ect would probably be fine.

It really depends on the game I guess. GTA would be better suited for that than say, RDR
Old 11-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #96
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus

I'm just so glad that there will actually be some COUNTRYSIDE to explore. Not just boring skyscrapers everywhere. And man, look at those graphics. *checks pants for stains*
Old 11-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #97
Gerard_xD
-

I don't have any gaming console more modern than the PS2 - am I missing out?

Gerard_xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #98
pwnadgebunny

oh it's also cool how the 2 other protagonists do their own thing while you aren't playing as them and you can just switch over right to them and be in the area they're in. good if you get lost in the woods or something

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
pwnadgebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #99
WCPhils
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard_xD
I don't have any gaming console more modern than the PS2 - am I missing out?

Do you have a PC at least?

If not, yes. Yes you are
Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #100
Burgery
scatterbrain

customizable characters is a big nono, gta san andreas would have been ridiculous with some scrawny white guy running around as cj
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: