Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #81
Jehannum
Registered Abuser

The second is an arbitrary unit of time. The hertz is the reciprocal second, therefore also arbitrary. Any pseudo-numerological derivations that involve the properties of the number 432 are therefore also arbitrary and are not "universal".

It's total, ****ing, annoying, stupid bullshit.
Jehannum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #82
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_rock_feel
God, how slow has the bass forum gotten in my absence? This is the shit they're coming up with now.

Like I've said many times, "troll threads get the most airplay". And five pages of this crap would tend to bear that out.

Think of the more productive use you could put to your time. For example, watching the entire, "Xena, Warrior Princess" series. How does this rubbish even compare to an ultra-violent, Grecian golden age, action adventure, with lesbian overtones?

Seen all of that? Then go with, "Cleopatra 2525". The entire series is available in one inexpensive box set.

And, since both of those series are cancelled by about a decade, you could "necro bump" yourself back to life while watching them.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #83
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

Oh... My... God...

What an useless thread. Nobody cares in what tuning you are (Eb, E, D, whatever, in between Eb and E, they have all been used) as long as the band members are in tune with each other. And all your guitar strings are in tune. Some bands use tuning in between E standard (A 440Hz) and Eb standard or something between E and F (AC/DC, It's a Long Way to the Top is in F. Also some AC/DC songs are in between Eb and E, some are in Eb and some are in E standard). It might matter if your songs have a huge range in vocal lines and the singer can't sing that high/low. And that's why people play in A 440 Hz, it's a standard tuning (classical bands play in A 442Hz). And if the singer can't sing that high, you can transpose the song or change tuning to A 432Hz for example.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #84
Hail
kill both bass players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggaraMarine
Oh... My... God...

What an useless thread. Nobody cares in what tuning you are (Eb, E, D, whatever, in between Eb and E, they have all been used) as long as the band members are in tune with each other. And all your guitar strings are in tune. Some bands use tuning in between E standard (A 440Hz) and Eb standard or something between E and F (AC/DC, It's a Long Way to the Top is in F. Also some AC/DC songs are in between Eb and E, some are in Eb and some are in E standard). It might matter if your songs have a huge range in vocal lines and the singer can't sing that high/low. And that's why people play in A 440 Hz, it's a standard tuning (classical bands play in A 442Hz). And if the singer can't sing that high, you can transpose the song or change tuning to A 432Hz for example.

You clearly know nothing about nothing so do us all more informed people a favor and sit in the back of the classroom with your mouth shut where you belong.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #85
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkguitar
Anybody else tuning their bass (along with the rest of the band and their instruments) to standard tuning @ 432hz rather than A440hz????

Mainly I feel really ****ing irritated because everyone else in the band is using A440Hz so my bass is continually out of tune in relation to their guitars.

They're not very happy with me either.

If I shove a crystal up my ass at the same time though I get an unsettling feeling of contentment.
Sleepy__Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #86
griffRG7321
Forever Bulking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail
You clearly know nothing about nothing so do us all more informed people a favor and sit in the back of the classroom with your mouth shut where you belong.

Word.

Barbeesha Latoya Jackson: "Awh hell naw mutha fuka, u wanna learn da art of composition all up in here?
griffRG7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #87
Shinozoku
UG Nerd

OP: Hey guys, have you noticed a difference in anything tuning to this?

Everyone else: FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR BELIEFS, YOU'RE AN IDIOT AND A TROLL AND HOW DARE YOU FUCK*NG EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT TUNINGS YOU NiGGER ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT SPIRITUALITY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS BULLSHIT AND A WASTE OF OUR TIME, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE DOING IT!!!!! PISS OFF AND DIE IN A FIRE BECAUSE YOUR QUESTION OFFENDS ME!

/thread

EDIT:Had to add some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores

Last edited by Shinozoku : 09-14-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Shinozoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #88
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy__Head
Mainly I feel really ****ing irritated because everyone else in the band is using A440Hz so my bass is continually out of tune in relation to their guitars.

They're not very happy with me either.

If I shove a crystal up my ass at the same time though I get an unsettling feeling of contentment.
Oxycodone will give you the same feeling at the standard 440Hz "A", although I don't know if it's available as a suppository.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #89
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail

Well, OK, thanks for your kind reply.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #90
20Tigers

This thread was whipped to death, brought back to life and whipped some more. I've put it out of it's misery. Let it rest in peace.

thread closed

Rate This Thread: