Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
DeadAce
Dead Ace

Pot Fade Away (GP4)

Hello UG community!

I have written my first composition and I would like to know what you all think of it
I composed the instrument tracks for about 3 days and wrote the lyrics for another 4 days. So I basically wrote the whole song for a week. The song, Fade Away is about the world and the people destroying it. It's the way the world sees man through the suffering it has caused to the world.

I hope you all like my first composition!
Attached Files
File Type: gp4 Fade Away.gp4 (78.1 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by DeadAce : 10-18-2010 at 03:07 PM.
DeadAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
kylendm
Baronboi

Dude if this is your first composition I'm truly impressed. You have great composing skills and I welcome you to UG.

I liked the intro it had a darker dreary feel to it which starts off the song with an interesting mood.

The Heavy intro was very cool as well. The drums were executed very well as well with the keyboard as it followed the guitar. With the strings and all the other instruments coming together in verse two it sounded great.

The chorus was nice but I think the strings take over a bit too much. I would turn them down or make them sound a little less prominent.

The bridge into verse 3 was good. Nothing much to say about that as well with verse 4.

The pre-chorus was great and kit next to the chorus very well! Probably one of my favorite parts.

The instrumental section was cool as you came back with the intro but it didn't start kicking until that piano came in. Once that came in I knew the solo following was going to be great and holy hell it was.

The delay effect was a very cool touch. It was so chill, you explored and came out of the box instead of setting yourself into one scale. It all fit so perfectly. This is the best part of the song.

The keyboard solo was pretty interesting not something I expected but it was cool non the less.

The second guitar solo came in nicely and was a great way to start the prechorus off.

The chorus at this point sounded more powerful for some reason and I think I liked it better now.

The outro was done very well and it's what I would have expected from this type of song. It made me feel like I was at the concert listening to this.

Great piece man, your writing skills are only going to get better!
Bogner 4x12
H&K 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez UV7PBK - BKP Warpig
Ibanez RGD7321 - SD Pegasus
Ibanez SA series - JB Bridge
kylendm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
russian bear

I was really impressed, I didn't really expect much but I was surprised in a good way! I just think the keyboard is a bit too much in the beginning, but otherwise it was great, keep on writing music!
russian bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
DeadAce
Dead Ace

Thanks! Yeah I'm still experimenting new techniques in GP to make it more realistic without the use of RSE (im too lazy to download RSE so got used to MIDI). Thanks also for the detailed comment! Appreciate it.
DeadAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
21Fretter

I think for the outro replace 217 - 220 with 29 - 32. I think just that one repeat with the more "drivey" drums and then going into that "finality" drumming works nicely for the outro. Otherwise, just some mixing issues with things in verse 2, just a lot going on but that is probably just a GP problem in regards to levels and stuff and would probably sound awesome recorded.

For "Chorus", i minused the lead out and i liked it a lot more. I think at times you're a bit too concerned with keeping things exciting and forget that a good ol' solid vocal melody and backing riffage is enough to keep something interesting :P

@ bar 131 i was expecting you to introduce some more creative drumming, almost like a mini drum solo but alas! Without anything changing anything i think repeating those 8 bars gets a bit drawn out.

Very nice piece, the pre-chorus was definitely my favourite section, very dream theater octavarium album like (some might say that is a bad thing but hey, they're doing pretty well for themselves :P)

P.S. bar 175 of the keyboard solo was awesome. idk why, i just really like it.

Last edited by 21Fretter : 10-18-2010 at 07:54 PM.
21Fretter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
kasaderra
Banned

It sounds wonderful!!!.... I like it!!! I want more!
kasaderra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
MobiuZ

****ing beautifull , especially for your fist composition , i wonder though have you studied music theory at school ar anything or and how long have you been into making music or music

anyway its very good , reminded me of maiden at some points , keep rocking !
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
~Flounder~
Trance/Metal Synth player

lul this thread is like 2 years old -_-
Old 01-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Damn adbots.

Rate This Thread: