Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
 
hriday_hazarika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: [Arriving] somewhere, but not here...
[PLANNING THREAD] The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album 4

Number four, here we come!



FAQ

Q. When's the deadline?

A. Some time in the summer. That's June/July to you British folk. >_> Uhhh...


Q. What kind of music can I submit?

A. Absolutely anything. But, there's a catch: your song has to be atmospheric. You can submit "standard" post-rock, dream pop, shoegaze, post-metal, sludge, doom, atmospheric black metal, atmospheric pop, atmospheric this, atmospheric that. Get it? ^___^


Q. What kind of a file should I submit, and where?

A. I shall require a lossless file, like a FLAC or WAV or AIFF. The FLAC format is preferred because it's the same thing as a WAV or AIFF, but at a smaller size. You can either post your submission in this thread [host it on MediaFire or SoundCloud or DropBox or something], or [and this only applies if you're insecure >_>], you can send me a PM with a link. I shall also require a proper artist name from you; usernames are alright if you modify them to look like an artist name. For example, CoreysMonster can become Corey's Monster; chaoticfables can become Chaotic Fables. This is because quite a few of us use Last.FM to scrobble our music, and seeing usernames all over the place isn't most pleasing.



Here are the previous planning threads and album releases for reference:

The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album - Planning Thread | Album Release
The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album 2 - Planning Thread | Album Release
The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album 3 - Planning Thread | Album Release
__________________

YOU CAN'T SPELL "MESHUGGAH" WITHOUT "HUG"
^___^

Buy or download my music for free!
Aberrant Corollary | Robots At A Rave

Bandcamp Collecshun | Last.FM | My Anime List | Steam

UG Post-Rock | UG Hip Hop
Moar UGPR

THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE

Last edited by hriday_hazarika : 08-07-2012 at 06:40 AM.
hriday_hazarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Jon777
Assbender
 
Jon777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego, CA brah
Totally in on this, as always.
__________________
show


~
Jon777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Are crabcakes considered post rock?


May I please take part in this?
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
 
Pagan_Poetry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: John Malkovich
YEEEEE SHOEGAZE
Okay, I'm up for this. Sign me up!
__________________
http://whocaresreviews.wordpress.com/
12th IN THE UG TOP 100 OF 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjePaCapota
pagan poetry is a hermaphrodite


Quote:
Originally Posted by OVER9000VIDEOS

HhOLLY SUCKC **** LMFAOO
Pagan_Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
rockfan7
UG's Best Surface Tension
 
rockfan7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: State, Country
You know I'm in Hriday Can this be a shorter album that we get out sooner this time ?_?
__________________
Check out my bands:

RIYL: La Dispute, mewithoutYou, Balance & Composure


Best Kept Secret

RIYL: post-rock/pop-rock
rockfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
 
hriday_hazarika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: [Arriving] somewhere, but not here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon777
Totally in on this, as always.





Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Are crabcakes considered post rock?


May I please take part in this?


Yes.

Yes.

Atmospheric punk? Hellz to the yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan_Poetry
YEEEEE SHOEGAZE
Okay, I'm up for this. Sign me up!


No signing up. All you have to do is submit your song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfan7
You know I'm in Hriday Can this be a shorter album that we get out sooner this time ?_?


All depends on how many songs we get.
__________________

YOU CAN'T SPELL "MESHUGGAH" WITHOUT "HUG"
^___^

Buy or download my music for free!
Aberrant Corollary | Robots At A Rave

Bandcamp Collecshun | Last.FM | My Anime List | Steam

UG Post-Rock | UG Hip Hop
Moar UGPR

THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE
hriday_hazarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
 
Pagan_Poetry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: John Malkovich
Quote:
Originally Posted by hriday_hazarika




No signing up. All you have to do is submit your song.




Just whenever?

And this will be interesting. I've been working on a blend of shoegaze and another genre (wont spoil) that I'm not sure has been done before (probably has but I haven't heard it, and no it's not rap), so w00t.

I'll call it the ballad of Jeffrey Stacey, as a tribute to the funniest creepy TCAP victim in history
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4T...ture=plpp_video
__________________
http://whocaresreviews.wordpress.com/
12th IN THE UG TOP 100 OF 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjePaCapota
pagan poetry is a hermaphrodite


Quote:
Originally Posted by OVER9000VIDEOS

HhOLLY SUCKC **** LMFAOO
Pagan_Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hriday_hazarika


Atmospheric punk? Hellz to the yeah.





It will be done.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #9
Jon777
Assbender
 
Jon777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego, CA brah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan_Poetry
I've been working on a blend of shoegaze and another genre (wont spoil) that I'm not sure has been done before (probably has but I haven't heard it, and no it's not rap), so w00t.


Countrygaze? D:
__________________
show


~
Jon777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #10
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
 
hriday_hazarika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: [Arriving] somewhere, but not here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon777
Countrygaze? D:


Moar liek shoepop.
__________________

YOU CAN'T SPELL "MESHUGGAH" WITHOUT "HUG"
^___^

Buy or download my music for free!
Aberrant Corollary | Robots At A Rave

Bandcamp Collecshun | Last.FM | My Anime List | Steam

UG Post-Rock | UG Hip Hop
Moar UGPR

THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE
hriday_hazarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
 
Pagan_Poetry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: John Malkovich
Nah. I'll pm
__________________
http://whocaresreviews.wordpress.com/
12th IN THE UG TOP 100 OF 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjePaCapota
pagan poetry is a hermaphrodite


Quote:
Originally Posted by OVER9000VIDEOS

HhOLLY SUCKC **** LMFAOO
Pagan_Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #12
blitzbeast
HIVE MIND
 
blitzbeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wherever
Keen as, will hopefully work with a mate to get something in this time

I also second having a smaller album this time around, more releases > large releases
I like having a regular fix
__________________
--- You know I can't have your ghost chips ---
blitzbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #13
jiminizzle
Lost Pilot
 
jiminizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Coming Down, Cleveland Avenue
I will return here in time.
__________________
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
jiminizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #14
godisasniper
Shh...I'm making noise!
 
godisasniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Right behind you!
I am going out on a limb and guaranteeing that I will actually submit something this time. I can also help with organization/promotion etc should you need some help on that.

Artist name - Mimic the French
Song title - "Insomniac Dreaming" (well, probably)

Can't friggin' wait, this will be epic as usual. I'm blasting V.3 on my iPod right now

Now, if only I could get my roommates to just leave for a while in about 2 weeks so I can do vocals...

Oh btw, what are rules about language in songs? The one I'm probably doing currently has an F-bomb in the chorus, though that could potentially be altered.

POST-ROCK ON, MY FELLOW SAD-BIRD SHITTERS!
__________________
My band: Mimic the French
godisasniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #15
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
 
hriday_hazarika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: [Arriving] somewhere, but not here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by godisasniper
I am going out on a limb and guaranteeing that I will actually submit something this time. I can also help with organization/promotion etc should you need some help on that.

Artist name - Mimic the French
Song title - "Insomniac Dreaming" (well, probably)

Can't friggin' wait, this will be epic as usual. I'm blasting V.3 on my iPod right now

Now, if only I could get my roommates to just leave for a while in about 2 weeks so I can do vocals...

Oh btw, what are rules about language in songs? The one I'm probably doing currently has an F-bomb in the chorus, though that could potentially be altered.

POST-ROCK ON, MY FELLOW SAD-BIRD SHITTERS!


I'd definitely appreciate help with promotion. We need to get this shit out to more people.

No language rules. Sing about whatever you want, in as vulgar a manner as you want.

You can sing in a language other than English too, if you want to.
__________________

YOU CAN'T SPELL "MESHUGGAH" WITHOUT "HUG"
^___^

Buy or download my music for free!
Aberrant Corollary | Robots At A Rave

Bandcamp Collecshun | Last.FM | My Anime List | Steam

UG Post-Rock | UG Hip Hop
Moar UGPR

THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE

Last edited by hriday_hazarika : 01-26-2012 at 01:40 AM.
hriday_hazarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #16
v2a2n2g2
Our Empire is a Grave
 
v2a2n2g2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Akron (The Abyss), Ohio
Lol another one already? Count me in
__________________
Stuff:

Line 6 Spider Valve
Washburn MG-44 w/ Seymour Duncans and Coil Split
Douglas Grendel 725
Digitech RP350

Check out my choons: http:/soundcloud.com/samvang
v2a2n2g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:41 AM   #17
palm mute
Reserved User
 
palm mute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: East Hastings
I might be in for this, depends on how soon the deadline is decided. With how popular this is now it is either going to be a mega huge album or a faster deadline I would assume.
__________________
In my heart I'm with you

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #18
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
 
Carswell98's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
http://soundcloud.com/braedoncarswell/ambient-junk

this is an old recording, but I could do something along the same lines but better fleshed out if anyone likes it.
__________________
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...



Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Carswell98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #19
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
 
hriday_hazarika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: [Arriving] somewhere, but not here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by palm mute
I might be in for this, depends on how soon the deadline is decided. With how popular this is now it is either going to be a mega huge album or a faster deadline I would assume.


Well, no deadline for now, as usual. It all depends on how many people submit, really. While I like huge albums, there are many people who don't, so I think we'll have a shorter time span this time around. For the past three albums, we've taken roughly a year each. Perhaps we'll do a six-month thang for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carswell98
http://soundcloud.com/braedoncarswell/ambient-junk

this is an old recording, but I could do something along the same lines but better fleshed out if anyone likes it.


I can't listen right now since I'm listening to album 3, but take your time and make it awesome.
__________________

YOU CAN'T SPELL "MESHUGGAH" WITHOUT "HUG"
^___^

Buy or download my music for free!
Aberrant Corollary | Robots At A Rave

Bandcamp Collecshun | Last.FM | My Anime List | Steam

UG Post-Rock | UG Hip Hop
Moar UGPR

THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE
hriday_hazarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #20
palm mute
Reserved User
 
palm mute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: East Hastings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hriday_hazarika

Well, no deadline for now, as usual. It all depends on how many people submit, really. While I like huge albums, there are many people who don't, so I think we'll have a shorter time span this time around. For the past three albums, we've taken roughly a year each. Perhaps we'll do a six-month thang for this one.

That's kind of how I thought it would be. If it ends up being too early for me then I will just lurk the hell out of this one like I have the others
__________________
In my heart I'm with you

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.