Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
MobiuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garb
Well, I can't open the GPX, and I can't get the thing to download... Freezes at 15seconds for me..

:/
Sorry bruh.

You should be able to export the GP file as GP5 and/or 4, though... That might just be the easiest solution.

hey man , thats weird , the download works now since some people got it to download.
and i will not be exporting this to gp4/5 since the whole feel of the song dramatically changes and wont represent the way i made it to be anymore

try this link and tell me if it works
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #22
Garb

I downloaded Internet Explorer and got it to download through that. Guess one of my add-ons was stopping it.

I don't actually have anything to critique... it's very nice. Very epic sounding. It sounds like you did your job well. :]
Garb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #23
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan

I like this a lot. Starts out really chill and then keeps building up. I'd like to hear the sped up clean part sound more like something like This Town Needs Guns (if you've never heard of em I highly recommend them. math rock.).

I really like the whole build up into the distorted guitars. That riff right before it slows down is sweet. Just wondering, is this gonna be an instrumental or do you plan on having vocals? It has sort of a Scale The Summit vibe to it.

Keep it up dude!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #24
MetaIronForce
ULTIMATE-DISNEY

I liked the clean intro. You can kind of picture the fields as its playing. It's got that feel to it

2:12 That tempo change transition to the distortion wasn't quite smooth enough. The riff you change to is pretty neat.

2:35 Another slightly jarring tempo change. But I do like this new section. Has that 'war' feel to it and kind of reminds me of Iron Maiden, which is a good thing.

Solo - Pretty good. The fast lick stood out most to me, and it was pretty awesome

Afterwards - Yay, you brought that lead riff back again. I like the way you use the harmony on these sections.

Clean section - Pretty good. Nothing stands out particularly. The clean guitar added a nice touch alongside the acoustic guitar

4:21 - This lead riff starts off with that epic feel, but there's absolutely no variation in it whatsoever. The lead plays the exact same notes repeatedly. The variation in the background instruments slightly makes up for this.

Main Lead Riff again - Still good

Clean Outro - Nice way to end the song. Was that random dead note noise at the end intentional? :P

Overall, It was pretty good. Definately has that epic Iron Maiden vibe to it. If it had vocals singing those lyrics you posted it would be even better, and would smooth out the small wrinkles. It's slightly repetitive at times, but that probably because it was designed to have vocals on top.

And now for the shameless C4C request. Could you crit 'Inspired By You' in my sig?

...what am I doing on this site...

Last edited by MetaIronForce : 03-04-2012 at 08:22 AM.
MetaIronForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #25
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus

Hey, thanks for the crit. Just got done listening to the track. I quite like it. I love the clean intro and all the other clean sections throughout, and the ambiance is a really nice touch. The chorus is pretty epic sounding. This whole song gives me a "going into an epic battle" kind of vibe. I had some issues with one of the guitar tracks not playing when starting from the beginning, so I thought that from the break to the end of verse 5 had drug on too long (as it was just drum and bass), but playing it back from that measure, the guitar track came in and actually didn't sound like it drug on as the guitar kept it interesting. All in all, great track.
MrDo0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #26
metalhead983877
UG Member

Bars 0 to 29: Relaxing but kind of epic at the same time, I like it

Bars 30 to 53: I started to get the feel when the clean melody and the ambient track kicked in. Before then, it was quite "empty"...

Bars 54 to 61: Didn't quite like it, but was not bad in general.

Bars 62 to 78: it was pretty much the same thing as 30 to 53, but it sounded full with all the tracks.

Bars 79 to 94: I really liked that rhythm, nice!

Bars 95 to 103: Didn't like the lead guitars, but everything else was good.

Bars 104 to 123: That solo was really good man! Good job!

Bars 124 to 135: See Bars 95 to 103

Bars 136 to 143: Nice solo, and I love those chords on the acoustic guitar :P

Bars 144 to 178: Nice melody and nice rhythm

Bars 179 to 198: See bars 95 to 103

Bars 199 to 217: From 199, it was long for the clean guitars to kick in, but after that, it was really nice!

Overall, I'd give you a 8/10. You did a really good job, but it's not perfect. And I don't think that any song is perfect haha.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Thanks for the crit.

Now I would crit this but I don't have GPX and the download website you're using wants me to make an account before I can download it. Can't you just export as midi from GP6 and upload that direct to UG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #28
MobiuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Thanks for the crit.

Now I would crit this but I don't have GPX and the download website you're using wants me to make an account before I can download it. Can't you just export as midi from GP6 and upload that direct to UG?

oh didnt know u had to regsiter in order to download , well that sucks

anyway i uploaded it to soundcloud

In Flanders Fields
Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #29
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Ah, awesome, I'll take a look

The intro invokes a sense of tension, it's a shame that midi guitars suck so much, else this would sound awesome.

There's a lot of emotion in the clean guitar parts at the start it's really awesome. I'm not sure if it evokes World War 1 for me though. Doesn't stop it being good though. I'm not sure whether the intro drags on a little too long perhaps, though if you're gonna have some nice melodic vocals in there it won't matter at all.

When the distorted guitars come in, personally I find it less interesting that the clean parts, though you still have some epic melodies in there (that's just personal preference).

This isn't really the kind of metal I really listen to that often, but I can certainly hear the quality in there. It really needs some vocals on the top but this is a really solid backing.

I really like the clean parts and I think they are well written, the distorted parts are still good and the solo is pretty bad ass, but in my opinion the build up is better than the pay off.

Might have something to do with the midi though, the mix of midi and reverb kinda makes it sound like something from the 80's. A production style I wasn't a fan of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 08-11-2012 at 02:21 PM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #30
kylendm
Baronboi

I'd crit it but its in GPX so I can't open it.
Bogner 4x12
H&K 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez UV7PBK - BKP Warpig
Ibanez RGD7321 - SD Pegasus
Ibanez SA series - JB Bridge
kylendm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #31
MousseMoose
:D

That was very, very good! I don't generally even like that music, but I still could really appreciate this song. I can't really say what I didn't like, so I'll just point out what stood out to me.
*The changes in tempos were really trippy, I loved them!
*That solo was super solid.
*I really liked how the background guitar in the beginning there kinda kept a constant beat.
Great job!

Last edited by MousseMoose : 08-13-2012 at 10:39 PM.
MousseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #32
MobiuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylendm
I'd crit it but its in GPX so I can't open it.

In Flanders Fields
Old 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #33
GS LEAD 5

This reminds me, on so many levels, of Iron Maiden's Paschendale.

There are some lovely melodies in there. Some of the acoustic melodies have this Oriental y feel to them, which I really dig. The lead is kinda short, there's space to make a big shreddy bendy 80's style lead there. Chorus sounds epic, its so totally 80's NWOBHM it makes me want to head bang if youre willing to move away a little from the 80's feel there, you could add a djent style kick drum rhythm there, as in the kick and the rhythm guitars play at the same time- no kick during rests, and kick whenever a chord or note is hit on the guitar. Would add a lot of attack and force to it.

As for your lyrics, hell even those remind me of Iron Maiden listening to your track while reading them, I can almost imagine Bruce screaming along to the choruses.

Great work, overall. Love the way you brought out that 80's vibe while still sounding fresh.
Peavey KB4

DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #34
Zaqq

Let the admins forgive me bumping this old thread (November 2012, heh? ), but as MobiuZ asked, C4C!

First of all, your song really reminds me of Iron Maiden. And after reading this thread, I noticed I'm not the only one who noticed that But I love Iron Maiden!

Interesting idea about the tuning, but I'm not sure how you're supposed to tune your guitar/bass without breaking the strings I like the arpeggios you put in there, simple, but effective. And I really love the solo guitar solos and riffs! I've always wanted to use something like that for my stuff too, but in my song you've critiqued I almost didn't used anything like that.
Maybe I only disliked the bass. Hearing this IM-vibe I imagined some Steve Harris playing, but it's pretty simple overall. But still it works!
Zaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #35
tritao

Awesome song.

Bars 1-16: Clean and nice emotion provoking melody
Bars 17-29: Bass is smooth
Bars 30-53: Loved the high-pitch accoustic here, very beautiful
Bars 54-61: This transition did not feel very natural for me here
Bars 62-78: Very beautiful verse
Bars 79-95: The change in tempo threw me off for a bit, feels a bit unnecessary
Bars 96-103: Lovely melody here
Bars 104-123: Wow, what an awesome solo
Bars 124-135: Solid chorus
Bars 136-151: Nice natural break, loved the accoustic
Bars 152-178: Melody here is awesome
Bars 179-198: See above
Bars 199-203: These 4 bars seem a bit unnecessary
Bars 204-216: Nice clean outro, especially like the slowing tempo at the end

Very inspiring song, another one to add to my favorites from this forum.
tritao is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: