Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Mobile Apps Feedback
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
bluesfella

Android app on Nexus 7

This app works good on my new Ausus Nexus 7 tablet running Jelly Bean . The only problem is that the tuner doesn't show up correctly. The needle that shows the precise tone is off-center. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the app.

Last edited by bluesfella : 09-29-2012 at 12:57 PM.
bluesfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
bluesfella

I also just found out that the app crashes instantly when trying to open a pro tab. This sucks, I loved this feature on my phone.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
harrywitmore

Just skip this app and all add ins if you have Nexus 7. It's apparently not supported and not backed up by the developer. Sad but true.
harrywitmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
bluesfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrywitmore
Just skip this app and all add ins if you have Nexus 7. It's apparently not supported and not backed up by the developer. Sad but true.

Nah, they should really fix it. A ton of Nexus 7 devices have been sold by now (they expect to have sold over 8 million by the end of 2012) and a 3G version is coming too, which will boost sales even further. It's a big success story and any self-respecting developer can't ignore that.

This app would be fantastic on a tablet if it worked 100%.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
zappp
+ UG Master +

guys, thanks for the reports and sorry for the delay on our end. Someone from our team will reply this week with the date when it's gonna be fixed.
zappp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
bluesfella

Cool, thanks for listening to us!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
zappp
+ UG Master +

I always read comments but not always reply (like if there is no solution)

FYI. there are less than 1% of nexus 7 users of UGT, so it's really an expensive development/fix for us. if we don't do something it doesn't mean we are not listening or don't care, it's just we can't support hundreds of different Android devices with very device-unique bugs. we had to buy two more android devices (and we have a couple dozen of them now I think) to test our apps
zappp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
bluesfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappp
I always read comments but not always reply (like if there is no solution)

FYI. there are less than 1% of nexus 7 users of UGT, so it's really an expensive development/fix for us. if we don't do something it doesn't mean we are not listening or don't care, it's just we can't support hundreds of different Android devices with very device-unique bugs. we had to buy two more android devices (and we have a couple dozen of them now I think) to test our apps

It's a very new device though. I'm sure more will follow eventually.

On the one hand it sucks that an application I paid money for doesn't work 100%, but on the other hand I understand your position. That's the downside of Android I guess, fragmentation. Is it a Nexus 7 unique problem or do other Jelly Bean devices suffer from this? The Nexus 7 is pretty standard in terms of Android tablet hardware I would think.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
developmobapp
Apps For Blackberry

This is really great that android app is on Nexus 7 as android is best known for its exciting games and tracking facility.
developmobapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
Mark S Mitchell

I have to throw in my 2 cents, too. I have Tab Pro loaded on my Acer Tablet (Android 4.0), and I can't get it to work at all. Not sure what to do at this point. Yesterday I went to UG site and even paid for a one year subscription to see if that would help, But no go. Additionally, I loaded Flash Player, because I read somewhere was needed, too. I have 3 days to reject the subscription, may do that and wait for news of bug fixes for Tab Pro.
Mark S Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:28 AM   #11
UG Support

@Mark Additional purchase of Tab Pro online subscription won't fix the problem, as Tab Pro web subscription can't be used on mobile, but only web. Please contact us by opening support ticket http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm to deal with the issue.
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
Mark S Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by UG Support
@Mark Additional purchase of Tab Pro online subscription won't fix the problem, as Tab Pro web subscription can't be used on mobile, but only web. Please contact us by opening support ticket http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm to deal with the issue.

Thanks will try link you suggested!
Mark S Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
UG Support

Guys, thanks for the patience! Hopefully the 1.2.6 version of Tab Pro Standalone that has been released today will make the app available for Nexus 7 users. Please try to update the app, and send your feedback at this location http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm (select "Tab Pro Application Problem" as type of inquiry)
Old 10-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
bluesfella

I bought Tab Pro and all the other features as in app purchases in the free app. Will this one also get the upgrade?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
UG Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfella
I bought Tab Pro and all the other features as in app purchases in the free app. Will this one also get the upgrade?

We are planning the release for Ultimate Guitar Tabs (Android) this week that will hopefully fix Tab Pro in-app issue.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #16
bluesfella

Sweet, thanks!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
UG Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfella
Sweet, thanks!

Please try to update to 1.7.4 version of Ultimate Guitar Tabs app that has already been released. We would appreciate your feedbacks here http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm

Rate This Thread: