Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Seb1uk

Some Strange, Short Thing(c4c)

I haven't really had the time to write music over the last year, but I was bored, going through my GP files on my laptop and found this, which I realised I never really showed anyone, I could never tell if I liked it or not, but listening to it again after months, I find it kinda nice actually. I think I got inspired to write this when I listened to 'Caught Up' by TFOT, even though you can't see that at all really.

But yeah, being bored, was just kinda curious to see what people think. Oh and ignore everything after the bar 73.

EDIT: Just realised I've recorded this so far if you wanted to check that out. It's just a rough mix so don't expect too much http://soundcloud.com/sebyumgoong/without-reason
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 rock 257.gp5 (26.2 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Seb1uk : 10-10-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Seb1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #2
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Quite proggy, not sure what vocal style you had in mind for this, but it sounds good as an instrumental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
frankibo
UG Board King

Was just thinking the other day that I've missed seeing your new stuff on here.
Absolutely loving the intro, progressive sort of post rock vibe. Very cool, lovely chords. Some nice pad synths would be good to add some ambience and atmosphere. Thought the bassline could have been a bit more intricate, take a slightly more lead role seeing as the guitar is only fleshing out clean chords.
The jazzy turn at 65 is ****ing sexy. Genius.
And I can see where you're going with this and it's looking good.
Great work so far, looking forward to hearing more.

Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Erra93
erriuyai

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankibo
Was just thinking the other day that I've missed seeing your new stuff on here.
Absolutely loving the intro, progressive sort of post rock vibe. Very cool, lovely chords. Some nice pad synths would be good to add some ambience and atmosphere. Thought the bassline could have been a bit more intricate, take a slightly more lead role seeing as the guitar is only fleshing out clean chords.
The jazzy turn at 65 is ****ing sexy. Genius.
And I can see where you're going with this and it's looking good.
Great work so far, looking forward to hearing more.

Definitely me too, they've always been really inspirational to me!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Seb1uk

Cheers guys! I was planning on keeping it instrumental, it was quite a spontaneous idea so it's a bit basic, like it was just guitar and drums, and then bass was added lazily just for some meat, would definitely flesh the bassline out if I work on it again. Synths would be a nice touch too, thanks for the suggestion.

I really wanna start writing more music again because I've barely touched my guitar over summer and I've just started my second year of uni, so life's pretty busy. Hopefully I can conjure up something interesting soon.

Oh and just realised that I've already recorded this a while back haa. I posted the link to it in the first post.

Last edited by Seb1uk : 10-10-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Seb1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
NegiTom

Agreeing with the above, really miss seeing your stuff on here.
This was great though, I kind of like it without synth, just strings and drums. The bass lines remind me a little of Toe, which would make sense as I remember you getting into them. This is cool though. Now going to investigate your soundcloud.
NegiTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: