Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
Amuro Jay
challenging santa

Clouds (GP5, FFO American Football; etc, C4C)

Track I've been working on for a bit. Kind of in the vein of my last track East End, lots of clean tapping and sliding, etc.

Drums were written by TheReverend724 and bass was written by InstantAxonHero

c4c

EDIT: I'd also really like to know what it sounds like I was influenced by, specifically the guitar parts, because I know it sounds nothing like AF.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 clouds4mix.gp5 (43.0 KB, 243 views)
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
TheReverend724
another hit, barry bonds

great shit dude

I'm not exaggerating when I say you're really improving. You've got a knack for this twinkly shit

TheReverend724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #3
world-ablaze

This is totally awesome, dude. I've been absent from UG lately and haven't posted a song in like 2 months or something....but I saw this only had one reply and it made me sad, because its a great song. I agree with TheReverend724, you have a knack for the twinkly stuff It reminded me a little bit of the band Castevet btw, but I'm not sure why (it's not that similar...).
world-ablaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
Subguy
Blood Elf Bassist

just listened to AF before you i checked the forum, it doesn't really have to do anything with AF itself but you captured the emo pretty good, i really enjoyed it, and i don't have something to crit. i always wanted to write emo songs musically myself but i have no idea how to.
Subguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Mean Mr Mustard
Naked By The Computer

Man, so relaxing and chill. I can't really pick up any influences really, but it was nice.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #6
Stickynotez
meh

Wow, man. I really like how this turned out. Rev did a great job with the drums, and the bass fits very well. Obviously, the guitars are great too. Really good job, everyone.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
Amuro Jay
challenging santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend724
great shit dude

I'm not exaggerating when I say you're really improving. You've got a knack for this twinkly shit
Thanks. And again, I can't thank you enough for the work you do with my drum tracks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by world-ablaze
This is totally awesome, dude. I've been absent from UG lately and haven't posted a song in like 2 months or something....but I saw this only had one reply and it made me sad, because its a great song. I agree with TheReverend724, you have a knack for the twinkly stuff It reminded me a little bit of the band Castevet btw, but I'm not sure why (it's not that similar...).
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'll check out that band, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subguy
just listened to AF before you i checked the forum, it doesn't really have to do anything with AF itself but you captured the emo pretty good, i really enjoyed it, and i don't have something to crit. i always wanted to write emo songs musically myself but i have no idea how to.
You're right, it doesn't. I tried to use some of the same techniques as them (using a lot of ringing notes, sliding, clean guitars, etc) but I executed it in a completely different manner. And thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr Mustard
Man, so relaxing and chill. I can't really pick up any influences really, but it was nice.
Thanks bro. I'm happy that you've liked my last two tracks. And when you said you can't pick up any influences, that makes me happy too. Means I'm not blatantly ripping off of anyone yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickynotez
Wow, man. I really like how this turned out. Rev did a great job with the drums, and the bass fits very well. Obviously, the guitars are great too. Really good job, everyone.
Thanks Sticky. I really do appreciate the work you put into the bass track you wrote as well, but John approached me for it and he and I go back a bit.
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
Stickynotez
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Thanks Sticky. I really do appreciate the work you put into the bass track you wrote as well, but John approached me for it and he and I go back a bit.

No, man. You made the right choice. I like what he did a lot better than what I wrote. Mine took about an hour, and was consequently very simple and uninteresting.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #9
Seb1uk

Right finally getting to returning the crit.

Really nice feel in the intro, the drums really gets me in the mood. Makes me think of Toe, if you're looking for what this sounds like.

The guitar melodies are just really mellow and nice, bars 38-39 are real nice in particular. The section starting at bar 42 has to be my favourite bit, and once again, the drums really compliment it, as well as the bass. It flows into the next section real nice.

Not sure if I like the drum break when the distortion kicks in. I think the drums need to go along with the guitars, like, crashes on the chords and drum rolls on the dead notes sorta thing. That's just the kinda thing I'd imagine would work better. But nice chord sequence.

I don't think I liked the outro, like, it was a bit of an odd fade out. I think you could do without a fade out and just ended it with four strums on the 2-4-4-4 chord like bar 97. Again, that's personal preference but maybe you'd like that.

But overall, real nice piece, the bass really does a nice job and the drums play a big role here too. Then of course the guitar melodies themselves work really well together as well. Nice one on that one man, only a few very slight issuess I have with it, but it's still great.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #10
ArreatsChozen
ArreatsChozen

I actually really ****ing like this.

Normally when tabs repeat the same progression numerous times, I'll skip to the next section, but practically every repeat of the first progression offered something new.
It was all amazing, the drums, the bass, the guitars.
I especially love the use of chords from about 58 onwards, then the distorted use of them.
Reminded me somewhat of Misery Signals. They also have very happy melodic, 'airy' sounding stuff (although they have screaming over that ^_^).

If I could offer some criticism though, I don't like the constant open hi-hats that start in bar 74... Either change the dynamic, or offer some other rhythm than constant 8th notes.
ArreatsChozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
chronos1989

I Really liked it, I mean the guitars were clean and smooth.. so calm in such an atmospheric way. I then understood the name, Clouds. Love the drums, love the bass, Loved the song as a whole. The outro was quite simple but it fits perfectly!.

Gratz

Last edited by chronos1989 : 04-01-2012 at 03:34 PM.
chronos1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Joshua1207
Hipster Jesus

Pretty good song overall. I don't usually listen to this stuff but I enjoyed it a lot, the only real complaint that I have is that the ending feels kind of half-assed, I felt as if you could of put some kind of build up and then slowly build back down and end it, if that makes sense.
I don't really have much to say besides that I really enjoyed the song so I won't ask for a critic in return, but keep up the work. Unique stuff you got.
New Album Melancholic
LIKE MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/MockOffMusic
Joshua1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
Christopher S

The intro is basically very soothing, and when the drums ring in, I can't help to notice how well thought out the ride hits are. Great touch. When the drums come in fully, it creates a very nice groove, without being spastic.

I'm not sure if I enjoy bar 34, the little pause, but it does add a distinct effect.

The layering next is simply brilliant, great melodies.

The sort of "break" with the deep chords is simply amazing, and when the tappy lead comes back in, its breathtaking.

Simply put, I really adore this little piece. Great work, man.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1530535
Christopher S is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: