Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #13661
big-T
Belichick

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis1193
While this is true, there shouldn't have been the potential for it to be stripped in the first place - it was a great, accurate throw, Lee Evans got his hands on it, around it, and just almost had full legal possession, that's a catch I've made before, and one I'm sure he's made literally hundreds of time in practice in a single season. All he had to do was keep his arms tense for literally a second more and it was a touchdown. It was a good play by Moore, but it was also bad play by Evans.

Sports Science did a piece about it, Moore hit the ball at the perfect angle, with a chop (instead of a fist) which meant more force was exerted on one spot which lodged the ball free and I believe they said Evans couldn't have done anything about it, Moore just got everything perfect down to the exact chop placement on the ball.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #13662
bradulator
through being cool

Matt Ryan isn't charismatic enough IMO. He could probably get the job done though.

And on charisma and Tony Romo, I think Romo is getting too much blame for the Cowboys sucking. He is definitely talented enough to lead a team, but their team has never had good chemistry or discipline. I blame that they haven't had a charismatic head coach. Jason Garrett is not a good head coach.

Last edited by bradulator : 10-12-2012 at 01:40 PM.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #13663
StreetLight3989

I don't think charisma is the problem. I just think he doesn't have the arm. He doesn't get enough zip on his passes, especially when it's windy outside. He might be able to get it done, but he hasn't proved it yet.

Last edited by StreetLight3989 : 10-12-2012 at 01:41 PM.
StreetLight3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #13664
necrosis1193
Autonomatonomonapoton

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-T
Sports Science did a piece about it, Moore hit the ball at the perfect angle, with a chop (instead of a fist) which meant more force was exerted on one spot which lodged the ball free and I believe they said Evans couldn't have done anything about it, Moore just got everything perfect down to the exact chop placement on the ball.

Link? Those Sports Science things always seem to pop up on youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
Matt Ryan isn't charismatic enough IMO. He could probably get the job done though.

inb4oneofthefalconsfanspoststhatgif

Baltimore Orioles: 52-42
York Capitals: 5-3
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2013: 8-8
necrosis1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #13665
big-T
Belichick

Quote:
Link? Those Sports Science things always seem to pop up on youtube.

Had a look for it before posting that, for some reason that one isn't on anymore! Not even the ESPN article about it with "watch the video" has no video to watch

Quotes from it though:

Quote:
Moore hit it out of Evans' hands less than a third of a second after Evans hauled it in. His slap generated just 50 pounds of force (about as much as a clap of the hands) but Brenkus explains why it was effective:

Quote:
By using his hand like the blade of an ax splitting wood, Moore applies a concentrated force to the edge of the ball. This torque causes an initial rotation of fewer than 90 degrees, but that's enough to spin the ball off of Evans' forearm and out of his grasp.

So forcing the ball to rotate is was caused him to lose grasp of it, that would have happened no matter how he was holding it.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #13666
darklite41
I stole your keys.

Romo has accomplished so much for a guy who came in the league undrafted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
darklite41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #13667
thefuzz454
**** Bob Duato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator

And on charisma and Tony Romo, I think Romo is getting too much blame for the Cowboys sucking. He is definitely talented enough to lead a team, but their team has never had good chemistry or discipline. I blame that they haven't had a charismatic head coach. Jason Garrett is not a good head coach.

Yup. Absolutely correct. Don't get me wrong, hes prone to making stupid mistakes, but the problem with the cowboys is much more systemic than Romo. He's surrounded with a dysfunctional, undisciplined line, receivers who are either too hurt (Austin) or too stupid (Dez) to be effective and poor coaching.

I hate coming off as a romo apologist, but come on. Anyone with eyes can see that the problems run much deeper than him.
thefuzz454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #13668
StreetLight3989

Romo is one of the only reasons that team is still functioning. That team has some internal issues that all lead back to Jerry Jones. Jason Garret should not be an NFL head coach. This team has too much talent to being playing like this. Not saying I'm not happy about that. I love the Cowboys being dysfunctional.
StreetLight3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #13669
necrosis1193
Autonomatonomonapoton

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10..._headline_stack

Guys, I think Vick's finally snapped

Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #13670
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Good on him. We did it at training, for the warm up lap and exercises our RB's had to carry a ball and we had to randomly try and knock it out.

I'm starting to think our old coach was a genius

Gridion Newsletter: http://issuu.com/mugc/docs/mugc_new...r_edition_three
jambi_mantra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #13671
Jako215
UG's Fat Frendo

That type of determination is what makes champions.

iSupport the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Union, and Sixers.
Dallas Sucks!

Jako215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #13672
necrosis1193
Autonomatonomonapoton

Wait, it actually makes sense to you guys?

It just seems so ridiculous to me that I figured it was crazy(Especially that mental image of him going about daily business just randomly carrying a football/babying it LotR-Gollum style). But especially since Jambi's real football coach liked the idea, maybe it's not so crazy after all.

Last edited by necrosis1193 : 10-12-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #13673
darklite41
I stole your keys.

Quote:

I think I read somewhere that Walter Payton did that once after a season where he had a fumbling problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
darklite41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #13674
Jako215
UG's Fat Frendo

Didn't Tiki Barber do something similar to solve all of his fumbling problems?

iSupport the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Union, and Sixers.
Dallas Sucks!

Jako215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #13675
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Quote:
Wait, it actually makes sense to you guys?

It just seems so ridiculous to me that I figured it was crazy(Especially that mental image of him going about daily business just randomly carrying a football/babying it LotR-Gollum style). But especially since Jambi's real football coach liked the idea, maybe it's not so crazy after all.

It makes it subconcious. So much of football is doing stuff instinctively. If you teach your body/mind to carry the ball, when people are flying at you in game you think about them and not about the ball because your body is subconsciously looking after it so to speak

Gridion Newsletter: http://issuu.com/mugc/docs/mugc_new...r_edition_three
jambi_mantra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #13676
richie7410
Hi

Basically what jambi said. The team I used to play for have been doing it for years they said, helps build the muscle memory of keeping the ball secure when you're concentrating on doing everything else. As an added incentive, if we managed to knock it out of their hands at any point in the training, it was 20 push-ups for them

It sounds crazy that Vick/any other NFL player is doing it now because it's something that's taught in high school/college and sticks with them for life (like riding a bike or playing guitar). But if it works for him, then you can't blame the guy for trying to improve one of his weaknesses.

L.F.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubatom868686
One time I sneezed and pooped in my pants at someones house. It fell down my pantleg onto the floor. I blamed it on the dog. They believed me
richie7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #13677
TEK34
UG Newbie

Spotted this comment on an NFL.com video about whether or not the Falcons are the real deal because of their weak schedule. Figured it was worth a repost.

"First of all the Falcons opponents are a combined 9 and 16. Not 10 and 19. Five of those 16 loses came from the Falcons. If Falcons were 0-5 those teams would be a combined 14-10. Secondly, the Falcons beat the Chargers, who are 3-2 (a winning record) in San Diego. The Falcons dominated them on the road. Thirdly, both Denver and Washington would have winning records had they beaten the Falcons. That’s three quality opponents.

Now, if we used this same logic on the Texans, Patriots, Ravans, and 49ers, we’d have to conclude they are not for real either. Here’s the combined records of the teams they have beaten:

Texans 7- 19.
Patriots 6-10
Ravens 7- 12.
49ers 7- 12.

There are only seven teams that are better than 3-2. There are seven 3-2 teams and seven 2-3 teams. That accounts for 21 of the 32 NFL teams. It’s much too early in the season to say this team or that team doesn't have a winning record and therefore it isn't a quality win. The Packers have a losing record and people still consider them a good team."
ATL FALCONS
ATL HAWKS
TEK34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #13678
big-T
Belichick

The Patriots got "LOL DIDN'T BEAT ANY TEAMS OVER 8-8" crap last year...everyone then failed to notice that something like 5 of those teams would have gone 9-7 minimum had they beaten the Pats.

Best thing to do when your team is playing well and winning is ignore the media 'cause they will try and find ways to discredit it.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #13679
daytripper75
First Sword of Braavos

Looking forward to seeing how the Seahawks defense matches up against the Pats tomorrow. It's going to be a good test for them. They really need to work on neutralizing Welker's impact. That isn't easy of course.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #13680
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:

College coaches do that all the time to kids. Not that uncommon.
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: