Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #41
logicbdj

The neck plate...
Attached Images

logicbdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #42
falcon1439
GAS again Jenkins?

Personally I wouldn't want the guitar, it's a bit too cluttered for my tastes, I like them simple

But congrats on it, it's one of the best builds I've seen. It's unique, not just a slightly different Les Paul.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #43
logicbdj

I was going for decorative and ornamental. Always been a fan of the Renaissance, but had to keep it within 60s context.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #44
timmymaines

as a big jimi hendrix fan and a guitar player as well i think this is a great build..of course something like that i would probley never take out of the bedroom id worry it would get damaged..and as someone said about padlocking the case. lol i agree lol.. just curiuos of how much this coast? if you dont mind sharing..
timmymaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #45
logicbdj

I won't indicate the actual cost, since I know both luthier and carver, and I plan on doing a review on the whole package (with case and strap)... therefore, they gave me a good break since they would be getting some exposure. If you were to actually pay for this full out, you're looking at approximately 3k for both guitar development and carving. Considering a Les Paul and many PRS guitars are this amount, it's not that much to have something made to your specs and one-of-a-kind uniqueness. Some may not like the looks of this guitar, but go to YouTube and do a search on Gig Goldstee in carved guitar and just see what comes up... he does incredible work, and usually you only have to give him a theme and he can run with it. His Alice in Wonderland guitar is really something. And in terms of the guitar, I have many top end models in my collection, including a Slash LP, Satriani's JS2400, etc., and the guitars made by Stephen Casper, at less than that price and to my specs, has always been superior. They're the only ones I play.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #46
AcousticMirror
loves cheesecake

i don't get it.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #47
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticMirror
i don't get it.

Of course you don't. It's not for you...

(Or me.)
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #48
AcousticMirror
loves cheesecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
Of course you don't. It's not for you...

(Or me.)

no i mean, where is the hole. to put your peepee.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #49
Viban
UG's resident bum

That is one hell of a necro. But its the output jack.
Viban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #50
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper

Holy Butt ****ing Necrobump Batman!!!

kurt_cobain9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #51
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Necro as fuck.

I'm not a fan of that guitar one bit. I get the idea of it and all but...

The work the luthiers put into this thing looks nothing less than phenominal though.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #52
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

O my, that, is just, awful. In all fairness though, I never did like carved guitars.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #53
logicbdj

Good thing none of you own it or have to buy it. Such idiotic comments based on personal preference rather than what goes into the development of such.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #54
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .

Some very cool stuff, but overall a bit too much for me. I'd have liked to have seen it just carved wood with a finish, kind of like the first pic before paint, but embellished a bit with stains. To each his own though.
Tempoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #55
TRH

Hey dude, you posted the pics. In doing so you welcomed comments: both the good and the bad. I put plenty of work into my Esquire, and not everybody liked it. When I received a more negative opinion, it didn't bug me; and I damn sure didn't get a snappy attitude with the folks who didn't like it. If you dig it, that's great. But when somebody doesn't like it and they comment, just let that shit slide bro. I can appreciate the amount of work, time, and I don't want to know how much cash that went into this, but you couldn't pay me to take that thing.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #56
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicbdj
Good thing none of you own it or have to buy it. Such idiotic comments based on personal preference rather than what goes into the development of such.

Don't get all butt hurt now. How are the comments disliking it any more idiotic than the ones liking it?

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #57
logicbdj

I'm not hurt, which is another stupid comment. Nor do I care who likes it. A build thread is about the work involved in that build and what is being created based on that work. When a guitar is made from scratch, and I'm talking about even the neck is carved from a piece of rectangular wood, then that is what needs to be objectified and observed and not "I don't like it." Who cares what you like when it comes to appearances, since that is so darn subjective. Heck, half the negative comments comes from guys playing basic looking Strats or some other guitar, most of which likely costs $500 or less from a factory overseas.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #58
logicbdj

No problem TRH... no one is paying you (see what I mean by a pointless comment that has nothing to do with the build?). I could easily say that you couldn't pay me to play what you play, but who cares?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #59
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

None of the pictures are good enough to be objective about it. I wanna say that the inlays look sloppy, but I can't tell from the picture. Objectively, the carving doesn't look like hendrix. Objectively you have like 3 or 4 pictures of a finished project, I didn't get to see a chunk of wood turned into neck or a strat with a horrible carving of james hendricks face carved into it.

Either way, you don't get to choose what kind of comments you get. Most of the comments on these build threads aren't objective at all. Because, guess what?, guitar in general is pretty damn subjective.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #60
logicbdj

The inlays are incredibly well done, if it helps. Very few carvings of anyone's face will look completely identical to the person in question (because there is no 'life' in a carving)... check out a few other Hendrix type guitars with his face carved into it to get my drift, or there's one with John Lennon and it looks nothing like him (to me anyway), but at least a general likeness. I provided details on the woods, pickups, etc., which also are in the review on this site, if it interests you (about 4 pages worth of writing detailing everything). And the pickups were handwound and not bought stock pickups. If people were interested in details not expressed, I could have provided them if asked. But when it comes to looks, the only person who needs to like it is the person who owns it. But I certainly know what you mean by opinions not being very objective... that requires thinking.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: