Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
defile58

Banner ads

As a subscriber why am I still being bombarded with banner ads and the Start download buttons that link to google ads. It's downright annoying trying to find the guitar tab that I went looking for when I have to sort through a bunch of flying monkey links before I find the right vague link that I selected in the first place.
defile58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
JD Close

Are you a premium member? They get ad free, also tab contributors that submitted by a certain date. If you just created an account, you don't get ad free. Even so, it sounds like you've got some adware on your computer. I have never heard of flying monkey links or anything like that.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
defile58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Close
Are you a premium member? They get ad free, also tab contributors that submitted by a certain date. If you just created an account, you don't get ad free. Even so, it sounds like you've got some adware on your computer. I have never heard of flying monkey links or anything like that.

Yes I'm a premium member, started on 07 March. The reference to 'flying monkey links' was jokingly referring to the giant banner add that changes constantly to different advertisers. (There is not actual flying monkey, but that would be funny if one appeared now)

For some reason as a subscriber I'm still being subject to all the banner ads that a non subscriber is seeing is all. I was wondering if that was normal..and as you are not seeing them I can assume its not. I shall send an email to customer support and see if maybe they have been seeing flying monkeys due to excessive use of non-prescription medications.

defile58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
JD Close

So the ones that appear when you click on a tab or article, maybe like 1 in 5 times? I'm ad free and I get those. All you do is hit continue. If you're talking about any other ads than these, I'd say you're dealing with adware on your computer

Rate This Thread: