Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #61
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
That does sound pretty good actually.

I'm 3,947th out of 121,140. How high are you?
509. I was 300. I haven't contributed to the site that way in ages.
AngryGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #62
Wolfinator-x
Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFishin
See? I felt so compelled to post that and assert my dominance. It's already working!

Finally an opportunity to use that emote
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
Wolfinator-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #63
Eggmond
Otherwise Known as Eggy

646 bitches!

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Eggmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #64
Wolfinator-x
Teeth

Another idea: A pic resize feature on the forums. Sometimes I can only find gigantic versions of images online and I can't resize it directly on the site.
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
Wolfinator-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #65
lVlaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggmond
646 bitches!

604 and ive mantained arround this number even though i havent been posting any tabs in several months. I could still go a little bit higher if the rest of my tabs had any score.
lVlaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #66
BassFishin
The Wizard's Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinator-x

Finally an opportunity to use that emote

hahahaha it's cool, I got a kick out of it.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #67
JPili

Make it easier to get to the Favorites page. It takes too many clicks to get to our faves, imo. Make a button right below our username on the homepage that takes us to our favorites.

Also, in the Requested Tabs let us search by keyword. I wanted to know how many tabs by lonlonjp were requested and I had to search for the right page for it. Of course, it took me about 2 minutes but it would've taken me only 2 seconds if there was a search box.
JPili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #68
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?

I just thought of this last night, so it's fortunate the thread was bumped:

Can we extend the word limit that a blog post in a group can have? At the moment I'm simply not able to fit all the text required for the blog post, which isn't just a random blog about my latest poo, but something to do with moderating and the S&L forum's mechanics.
AngryGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #69
JPili

Also whenever someone goes to the Requested Tabs page, it should show random requests and not requests that have been voted on recently. This way a request will still be able to be seen even if it hasn't been voted on recently.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #70
JPili

I only saw that we couldn't suggest balalaika tabs so I'm suggesting Ukulele tabs!

Someone said the reasons we don't have Ukulele tabs are because there are not enough players and ukuleles are for posers. There ARE a lot of uke players but most are not on this site because it doesn't support ukulele tabs. Also, some people take ukulele seriously and I'm pretty sure it's more than half of the people who play.

Please consider :]
Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #71
LeftWingLock

I admit it. I'm lazy I didn't read through all 4 pages of this thread.

My one suggestion: Add a "Random bass tab" button. Unless you can already do that and I just didn't know. In which case I apologize for being mentally unstable.
LeftWingLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #72
brndnstffrd
UG's Glassman

I know it was mentioned before, but i really think that we need a way to be able to see the news posts by day. Maybe have a calender that you can click to see all articles posted on a specific day. Its kind of annoying if i havent been on in a few days and want to see what news was posted, but there really isnt a way to do it. There are the links for specific news topics, like WTF, and upcoming albums and stuff, but i just want a general way to see all news posted on a specific day
One day Yugi will be mine

Schecter Synyster Custom
B.C. Rich KKV Signed By Kerry King
Schecter Gryphon
Ibanez RG240
POD X3 Live
Guitar Research T60R Tube
Line 6 Spider 3 150 Watt
brndnstffrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #73
Joshua Garcia
[vague user title]

I still vote for the option to sort tabs by hits. Just putting that out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinterMan22
shove a gas station up your ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick.MPEG
I'd rather shove a stick of butter up my ass and let it drip out.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #74
Colohue
UG Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlaniac
604 and ive mantained arround this number even though i havent been posting any tabs in several months. I could still go a little bit higher if the rest of my tabs had any score.

19th, and this after having 24 pieces deleted. It'll go down though as soon as I find somebody in the office who answers their e.mails.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
Colohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:45 AM   #75
Ximich
UG Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndnstffrd
I know it was mentioned before, but i really think that we need a way to be able to see the news posts by day. Maybe have a calender that you can click to see all articles posted on a specific day. Its kind of annoying if i havent been on in a few days and want to see what news was posted, but there really isnt a way to do it. There are the links for specific news topics, like WTF, and upcoming albums and stuff, but i just want a general way to see all news posted on a specific day

This feature is already implemented.
Ximich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #76
bluekirby7
UG's ONLY Adorable Kirby

I just posted this idea in another thread, but I hope you hear me out.

I vote we create a type of MOD position similar to CC's, that can go through tabs and chords, and either delete them (completely inaccurate or a better version is available) or do minor fixes on them.

I speak for many people and even friends of mine that waste time going through 7 versions of a song. The first 2 versions are from when the song came out, completely inaccurate or almost right. But then people finally work on them and improve them. But by that time, we have too many version. And when you google "X tab", the 1st version rated 2 stars pops up.

I'd be great if we had a group of MODs that are either music majors or something, that could go through and delete the bad versions of a song. I would gladly volunteer to do something like that. It'd be great practice and help for me as a music major.

My OTHER idea is that we implement a SECOND rating system like CNET.COM.
With their downloads, they have a USER rating (out of 5) and they also have a ADMIN rating. So while the average user rates it 3/5, the ADMIN staff can rate it themselves.
It would look professional to have the two separate ratings.
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
bluekirby7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #77
LostLegion
resurrected

I don't know if the gold medal thing in the news comments is a good idea. Now everyone is just posting pointless, off-topic stuff just to get it.

LostLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #78
jonathan.keeler

Not too sure where to put this, but it would be amazing!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...21#post30739321
You know what would be really sweet? Having a beautiful bird inlaid around the first fret, taking a majestic dump with airborne droppings around the 5th, 7th, 9th frets and so on, with a graceful impact around the 22nd-24th.
jonathan.keeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #79
ruker
the iconflict

I'm sure it would be a massive overhaul to do (and probably suggested before), but I would love bands' tab pages to be more compact. Like instead of listing every version of the tabs, just list every song. Then when you click on the song, a drop box (or even pop up box like how the tab info is) will list all the different tab versions... could even have small icons below/beside each tab link to show tab rating, difficulty, and tuning.

Could still keep the current format for when people filter by tab format. Just think it would be nice to get the list view a little more up to date.

(btw, I'm ranked #402 for those measuring... )
ruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #80
galynne

Hear hear...

Thank you, paddyirishman - I agree wholeheartedly - especially with you especially on the points of one trying to update a mediocre tab but being denied simply because a moderator or reviewer scans and sees dozens of other tabs of the same name - I just had two or three denied that were TRULY crappy tabs previously, so I added and corrected a few of the chords, plus TABBED out the entire song on tabs that tabbed out only the first verse and chorus and then just left the rest of the lyrics without tab completion. Maybe it would behove UG to audit tabs that have been on the site since its inception, and a time when less critical review was given to tabs submitted.

To your second point - If an already accepted tab is reviewed and updated by the original user - then, yes...please do not subject it to the same long-ass review process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyirishman
I agree with the comments in the news article about cleaning up the tab library. The fact that there are 7 mediocre versions of a tab prevents any new and possibly better tabs from getting accepted most of the time. I know this isn't a policy but many people scanning the Approval Queue don't seem to go to much trouble comparing versions before deciding to approve/reject if they see numerous existing tabs listed.

We should be able to update/edit our own tabs directly from the tab's page rather than going through this unnecessarily long click-fest to get to the little blue U. The same "Update Tab" link which appears on the tab when it resides in the approval queue should persist when the tab is accepted. Likewise, managing our own tabs from within our profile page should be much more direct. Everything about it seems messy and disorganised.

If a tab author comments on his/her own tab they shouldn't get an email notification reporting that someone posted a new comment on their tab. A small problem but it's kinda irritating and unnecessary.

Define exactly what the "Difficulty" option is for. Currently it seems to have two meanings. The first is regarding how difficult the song is to play, the second is about how "complete" the tab is. If the song is complete but extremely simple the first meaning is to be disregarded. This makes absolutely no sense, is completely arbitrary/pointless and only serves to confuse rather than inform users searching for tabs suitable for them. I suggest making "Difficulty" refer only to how hard the tab is to play and to introduce a new option called "Completeness" or something similar.

Add a more extensive and varied list of tunings to the tuning drop-down menu in the tab submission form.

An "Updated" icon next to a tab (or some other notifier signifying that changes have been made) would be really handy. If a tab is updated/corrected there's currently no obvious way to know.

Give credit to the original tabbers whose work appears in the Tab Pro library, maybe even linking directly to the original Guitar Pro tab from within the Tab Pro page. Besides being the courteous and fair thing to do it also serves a practical function - if a Tab Pro user wants to discuss the tab or suggest corrections to the author they currently aren't able to do so. If I were paying for this service I'd expect to have more, not less, interaction with the tab authors.
galynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: