Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #81
ruker
the iconflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by galynne
To your second point - If an already accepted tab is reviewed and updated by the original user - then, yes...please do not subject it to the same long-ass review process.

It doesn't take that long. I've updated a few of my own tabs, and it's usually updated within 24 hours. I'm sure it has to pass an eye test by a mod when you update, so people can't change their tab to be an advertisement or whatever.

I would, however, love to be able to delete my own tabs. I had some tabs stolen from another (more metal specific) tab site, that were recently posted here. I never submitted these certain tabs here because there were already versions from other users already uploaded here that were nearly identical to mine. In January, some users (though it seemed more like a ploy by UG to "obtain" tabs that weren't on their site) jacked every archived tab from the other tab site... including all mine. So I ended up getting the stolen tabs of mine moved to my UG profile, but since there are already these essentially same tabs on here for years, it makes me look like the jerk trying to steal another user's potential ratings with a tab that looks almost identical to theirs.

LUCKILY (lol), 1 tab did get deleted in the process of moving the tabs to my profile. And I don't encourage users who steal tabs, so I'm not letting some mooch get any potential credit by letting them keep my tabs in their profile.
ruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #82
BlacksailsTippa
Dead Milkman

Is the ability to correct tabs you've made gone now? You used to be able to just go "correction" and it gave you the whole tab to mess around with. Now there's just that correction thing by the comments of it and I don't understand it. It just gives that tab thing and I'm not sure how to go about doing it since I was used to the "old way". Unless it's still there and I can't see it.

So if that is gone would be nice with it back.
BlacksailsTippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #83
ruker
the iconflict

I know I've ranted/asked for a lot already. But I would looooove to read the comments as to why my tabs get rejected. I don't mind bugging emad in the "WTF? Where's my tab?!" thread, but it would be nice not to have to do the run around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksailsTippa
Is the ability to correct tabs you've made gone now? You used to be able to just go "correction" and it gave you the whole tab to mess around with. Now there's just that correction thing by the comments of it and I don't understand it. It just gives that tab thing and I'm not sure how to go about doing it since I was used to the "old way". Unless it's still there and I can't see it.

So if that is gone would be nice with it back.

You can still update/correct your tabs. Click "My Profile" up in the UG header, click "My Contributions" in the user menu, then click the "Tabs" tab. You'll see a light blue "u!" next to each tab... click on those to update your tab.

It takes about a day or two for it to get updated on the site, so don't worry if you update a tab, and it isn't immediately changed on the site.
ruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #84
BlacksailsTippa
Dead Milkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruker
I know I've ranted/asked for a lot already. But I would looooove to read the comments as to why my tabs get rejected. I don't mind bugging emad in the "WTF? Where's my tab?!" thread, but it would be nice not to have to do the run around.

You can still update/correct your tabs. Click "My Profile" up in the UG header, click "My Contributions" in the user menu, then click the "Tabs" tab. You'll see a light blue "u!" next to each tab... click on those to update your tab.

It takes about a day or two for it to get updated on the site, so don't worry if you update a tab, and it isn't immediately changed on the site.

Ah thanks! That button is really hard to see.
BlacksailsTippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #85
rayvonholder9

Well it looks like UG has finally done it. They left just enough of the worst wrong and incomplete tabs to make somebody look and find out if they want something close they gotta buy tab pro or the other one. Its got to where I dont even want a computer anymore. Everythings a damn scam of somekind.
rayvonholder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #86
TheVolta

Lightbulb

Hello UG Community and Programmers.

I noticed that this thread got a little off-topic, but is clearly where my post belongs.

I am a long-time user of the site and have seen many improvements over the years, however, there are a few *very important* implementations that have been overlooked and could easily be addressed:

1) Display Chords default fingering - the Display Chords function is great, however, from my experience, I am constantly adjusting the default chord formation and required to scroll through the many variations to find my preferred chord fingering. I find it strange that the most common fingerings are not usually 2nd or 3rd (for things like C and D), but have the user search through 4 or 5 to find them (obvious secondary barre chord fingerings). In short, it would be nice to have the site remember what chord variation the user selected. You could have this work the same way you have the Transpose function save the data, or, better yet, include a setting in the user profile where they may indicate their chord fingering preferences. This would save many people like myself a lot of time, eliminating the need to scroll through variations on each tab to find our preference.

2) Display Chords Auto-scroll - The function that displays chords above the tabulature should allow the user to decide whether the chord diagrams auto-scroll, much like the Auto-scroll controller. Ideally, the diagrams would be selectable and moveable, must like the Auto-scroll controller.

3) Global/individual chord variation - When holding your cursor over individual chords and selection a certain variation, the user should have the option of changing the fingering for the entire song (changing the Display Chord diagram and all chords accordingly), or altering just that single chord. I find myself changing chords and moving my mouse away accidentally, just to find myself having to re-select my choice variation.

4) Preset tuning chords - Currently, the user who submitted the tab specifies the tuning. Alternate tuning displays chord diagrams relative to that tuning specified. It would be nice if the interface allowed the user to select which tuning they would like the chords displayed for (e.g. Though a tab was submitted in Drop D, I would like the be able to select the chord diagrams for Standard Tuning, instead of having all of them relate to Drop D)

In short, the chord diagrams could be utilized to their full potential if programmed to behave more flexibly. They should allow presets by the user (eventually, allowing the user to select their own priority fingering in their profile settings, or otherwise), remember individual chord alterations (of less concern, but effective), but **MUST** float the chord diagrams above the tab, and move with the screen auto-scroll.

Again, I love the site, and don't mean to sound critical, but the site would make a huge stride towards perfect if these changes were implemented. I would appreciate some feedback from other members or staff if possible.

Thanks for everything!
TheVolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #87
Badkat

I would like to see a section dedicated to just the users blogs. Im sure there are many users on here with some interesting blog topics. Most viewed and hot blogs at the top and put the dead blogs at the bottom. Section for latest blogs. Im sure more can be done with our blogs.

Btw, blog links in the "Community" section arent working.
Badkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #88
stratkat
IWTCIRD

I'd like to see the bottom half of the community page removed, it displays site stats is fine I guess, but I don't think it's been updated in at least 2 years. Actually if someone could keep up with it, I know it's busy work, but it could be removed, it's just boring it being completely unchanged aside from the stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badkat
I would like to see a section dedicated to just the users blogs. Im sure there are many users on here with some interesting blog topics. Most viewed and hot blogs at the top and put the dead blogs at the bottom. Section for latest blogs. Im sure more can be done with our blogs.

Btw, blog links in the "Community" section arent working.

Refer to above, they probably don't exist anymore. To actually make UG a site where we're tight enough we follow it as close as other social networks and tumblr is a slowly fleeting dream.

animelist

Last edited by stratkat : 08-24-2013 at 05:29 AM.
stratkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #89
aakolov

I am newbie but would like to ask for a better internationalization. Sure, most of the users here are English-speaking but music comes from all over the world, so it would be nice to be able to use non-latin symbols in the names of artists, songs and in the texts. At least, cyrillic letters and letters with umlauts.
aakolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #90
fanapathy
B-Tuned

I'd like to suggest more custom tuning options when submitting tabs. It's got D#, D, C and B but not C#, A# and A (however a lot of dropped variants are already there). These sort of tunings are not that rare these days.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #91
beefpitas

How About An Upload Column? I'm A New User And I Was Updating My Profile, But You Have To Go Back To The Guitar Tabs Column To Submit A Tab. Unless I'm Missing Something Very Obvious.

Also, Sort By Number Of Ratings, Which Is A More Useful Guide Than The Rating Itself.
beefpitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #92
Phil_B

I see some stuff about searching music by genres but, this site USED to have tab suggestions on each song...If you like this you might like that...

I could spend days just going from song to song and end up crossing genres and just letting it take me where it wanted to. I would find stuff I would never have THOUGHT to look up or play.
Phil_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:30 AM   #93
Ximich
UG Developer

@Phil_B,

You can use search by genres right now. For example: punk "hell" songs.
Ximich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #94
Phil_B

@Ximich,

Right, I see that. But there used to be a thing on each song...those that liked this may like that...

That way you can bounce from one to the next, not go back to the 'genre' search. It's not a ballbuster deal but was fun to do.
Phil_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #95
eGraham
Logjammin'

Why is *** now blocked?

That is e, n, o

As in ***ugh

October 23, 2014
eGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #96
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
Why is *** now blocked?

That is e, n, o

As in ***ugh

To censor some advertising. It should be rectified shortly.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #97
kenetrator

This has probably been mentioned (I was too lazy to read through every comment) but it'd be good to see a 'share to...' link where each profile or band page can be posted to the likes of Facebook, Twitter etc.

Basically just rip off the way YouTube do it lol
kenetrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #98
Rickholly74

Wolfinator's idea of a collective ban on some topics or comments is a great idea. I am new to this site so exscuse me if I don't quite get it but I was attracted by the idea of a guitar based forum with associated music forums. Unfortunately I find lots of crap like "Should I sleep with my stepsister?" and other non-music or recording related subjects. I'm no prude and can be just as raunchy as anyone else but there are plenty of web sites and forums for that kind of nonsense and the trolls who think they are being humorous with their comments on serious questions or subjects. If there was a way to collectivly ban some topics or users it would be a much better site.
Rickholly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #99
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickholly74
Wolfinator's idea of a collective ban on some topics or comments is a great idea. I am new to this site so exscuse me if I don't quite get it but I was attracted by the idea of a guitar based forum with associated music forums. Unfortunately I find lots of crap like "Should I sleep with my stepsister?" and other non-music or recording related subjects. I'm no prude and can be just as raunchy as anyone else but there are plenty of web sites and forums for that kind of nonsense and the trolls who think they are being humorous with their comments on serious questions or subjects. If there was a way to collectivly ban some topics or users it would be a much better site.

If you only want to see guitar/music related discussion then stay in the relevant subforums. The Pit is for general off-topic discussion.

(also, I think you misunderstood wolfinator's idea)
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #100
mjones1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekirby7
I just posted this idea in another thread, but I hope you hear me out.

I vote we create a type of MOD position similar to CC's, that can go through tabs and chords, and either delete them (completely inaccurate or a better version is available) or do minor fixes on them.

I speak for many people and even friends of mine that waste time going through 7 versions of a song. The first 2 versions are from when the song came out, completely inaccurate or almost right. But then people finally work on them and improve them. But by that time, we have too many version. And when you google "X tab", the 1st version rated 2 stars pops up.

I'd be great if we had a group of MODs that are either music majors or something, that could go through and delete the bad versions of a song. I would gladly volunteer to do something like that. It'd be great practice and help for me as a music major.

My OTHER idea is that we implement a SECOND rating system like CNET.COM.
With their downloads, they have a USER rating (out of 5) and they also have a ADMIN rating. So while the average user rates it 3/5, the ADMIN staff can rate it themselves.
It would look professional to have the two separate ratings.

I'm not going to read through everyone's posts to see if this has been suggested, but how about a "community" version of each tab? One that can be edited by the entire community (registered users, that is) much like a wiki page (with caches of older versions so if someone decides to **** something up, an older version can be restored). Of course the originals stay, but it would allow for a general consensus on how something is played. It could be put right under the "Tab Pro" Version that seems to for whatever reason always have five stars and be at the top
mjones1992 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: