Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #21
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: inglund
To be fair, I'd probably watch MLS if I had a channel that would play it. I watch Serie A occasionally on ESPN, just because it's on.
__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #22
DimebagLivesOn
S A D B O Y S
 
DimebagLivesOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PNW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
To be fair, I'd probably watch MLS if I had a channel that would play it. I watch Serie A occasionally on ESPN, just because it's on.

There are streams of most matches now it seems, just a matter of tracking them down. Isn't too hard in my experience, though. The timezones might kinda bite you in the ass, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
DimebagLivesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #23
wizards?
Pimpin' Ain't Parise
 
wizards?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: That mythical place that all those Replacements and Hold Steady songs are about
Section 8 represent...

wizards? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #24
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: inglund
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
There are streams of most matches now it seems, just a matter of tracking them down. Isn't too hard in my experience, though. The timezones might kinda bite you in the ass, though.


Hardly, my sleeping patterns buggered already
The streaming site I use is saying it's LA Galaxy vs DC United tomorrow? I may watch that if I can be arsed.

EDIT: Oh no, it's saying it's on now Nevermind.
__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #25
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Going to a Sounders game is absolutely incredible. I've never been to any other MLS stadium, but it's obvious how much better the crowd is at a Sounders game than most other (if not all) stadiums.

We even have a band!

That's why I support the Sounders. You can feel the energy through the TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
To be fair, I'd probably watch MLS if I had a channel that would play it. I watch Serie A occasionally on ESPN, just because it's on.
There's good soccer played. I mean, the talent is higher in the Premier League, but it's the same game.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #26
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: inglund
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
There's good soccer played. I mean, the talent is higher in the Premier League, but it's the same game.


Aye, I imagine MLS quality is probably around League One/3rd tier of English football level. Maybe higher. What I'm seeing is entertaining though so no quarrels from me.
__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #27
Primus2112
gortar hero
 
Primus2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
soccer's gay, bro
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoooos
slipknot are actually just terrible, they're such a "holy shit i'm 14" kind of band. like fuck off mum i'm not going to school i have to clear the stone of leaves.
Primus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #28
DimebagLivesOn
S A D B O Y S
 
DimebagLivesOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PNW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards?
Section 8 represent...


Not bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
Hardly, my sleeping patterns buggered already
The streaming site I use is saying it's LA Galaxy vs DC United tomorrow? I may watch that if I can be arsed.

EDIT: Oh no, it's saying it's on now Nevermind.


Fair enough

I've used this site before for streams, it's pretty good:
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/

Also this one is supposed to be good:

http://livetv.ru/en/allupcomingsports/1/
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
That's why I support the Sounders. You can feel the energy through the TV.There's good soccer played. I mean, the talent is higher in the Premier League, but it's the same game.

Drew Carey was 100% the guy behind the Sound Wave, our band. So cool to have stuff like this going on.

I'll post a couple more pictures from yesterday, lemme get them off my phone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
DimebagLivesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #29
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: inglund
Yeah, firstrow's what I use too, it's pretty much perfect

Lovely goal from Galaxy there, classic Beckham assist.
__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo

Last edited by Trowzaa : 03-18-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #30
DimebagLivesOn
S A D B O Y S
 
DimebagLivesOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PNW
He's playing this week and not bitching to the refs the whole time?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
DimebagLivesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #31
Amuro Jay
Moderator
 
Amuro Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ra Cailum Battleship
Yeah Houston Dynamos!

And Chicago Fire!

Sounders are okay too!
__________________
rollin' and tumblin'
breaking my own heart again
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Nuckles
Butts are where you keep sin. Buttsex would be like ploughing pure sin.
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #32
DimebagLivesOn
S A D B O Y S
 
DimebagLivesOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PNW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Yeah Houston Dynamos!

And Chicago Fire!

Sounders are okay too!

Friday's going to be entertaining


Here are a couple more pictures from yesterday:



March to the Match.




View from my seat of the opening ceremony. Of course almost all of those empty seats were filled eventually.




(closed eyes) Swag.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
DimebagLivesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #33
Amuro Jay
Moderator
 
Amuro Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ra Cailum Battleship
I watched the highlights you showed me, watching Seattle is really entertaining. Crowd is awesome.
__________________
rollin' and tumblin'
breaking my own heart again
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Nuckles
Butts are where you keep sin. Buttsex would be like ploughing pure sin.
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #34
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: inglund
I hope that the opening ceremony was just because it was the first day of the season?
Also, how does the league work in America? I noticed there's a Northern/Southern league.
__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #35
DimebagLivesOn
S A D B O Y S
 
DimebagLivesOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PNW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I hope that the opening ceremony was just because it was the first day of the season?
Also, how does the league work in America? I noticed there's a Northern/Southern league.

Yes, yes, of course

There's an eastern and a western division. There's a regular season from March to October, then the playoffs. Pretty straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
I watched the highlights you showed me, watching Seattle is really entertaining. Crowd is awesome.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
DimebagLivesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #36
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
 
Iluvpowerchords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy.
I haven't been fanatic about any particular team since the days of Carlos Valderrama but I watch.

I guess the Union are cool. Their build up play was real dece from what I saw today.
__________________
Iluvpowerchords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #37
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: inglund
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Yes, yes, of course

There's an eastern and a western division. There's a regular season from March to October, then the playoffs. Pretty straightforward.




Eastern/Western, I meant that I get confused cos there's the Conference North and Conference South here. Never understood the American concept of playoffs though, a playoff here means the teams that are (usually) 3rd to 6th play against each other to see who's promoted to the next tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvpowerchords
I haven't been fanatic about any particular team since the days of Carlos Valderrama but I watch.

I guess the Union are cool. Their build up play was real dece from what I saw today.


Valderrama The greatest hair and moustache on any player ever.
__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
I like the Union.

The first Orlando City match of this year was a friendly against them. We tied it in the last minute of stoppage time.

So many stranger hugs.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #39
DimebagLivesOn
S A D B O Y S
 
DimebagLivesOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PNW
^ Dayum, that sounds crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
Eastern/Western, I meant that I get confused cos there's the Conference North and Conference South here. Never understood the American concept of playoffs though, a playoff here means the teams that are (usually) 3rd to 6th play against each other to see who's promoted to the next tier.


We don't have tiers like you guys do, once you're in the league, you're in it unless your team goes bankrupt or something.

The playoffs are kinda weird. There's a wild card spot for each division, and then a few matches that go off of aggregate.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mlscup/2011/playoffschedule
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA

Last edited by DimebagLivesOn : 03-18-2012 at 09:14 PM.
DimebagLivesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #40
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
We have tiers, sort of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...cer_Pyramid#Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
^ Dayum, that sounds crazy.
We won the championship in PKs. And beat Newcastle in a friendly in the last couple of minutes.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.