Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #28541
zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF!!is a TAB
they showed new Gameplay of Bioshock infinite and the South Park RPG. i could care less about the awards as they mean shit to me.

Exactly.
zomgguitarz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #28542
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands

There's also The Phantom Pain, which a lot of people seem to be speculating is related to Metal Gear Solid (possibly MGS: Ground Zeroes) because the protagonist in the trailer looks almost exactly like Big Boss. People have also claimed to have seen Psycho Mantis and Volgin as well, but I haven't played the newer MGS games so I can't say.

Forbes did an article highlighting a bunch of the coincidences, such as that the CEO of the developer's name is an anagram for Kojima. It's interesting to say the least.

Last edited by iro-bot31 : 12-08-2012 at 12:30 AM.
iro-bot31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #28543
R. Shackleford.
The North Remembers

Sounds pretty cool ill look those up later just starting watching it. Managed to catch a bit of that south park RPG looks surprisingly look.

Flippin Tables
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
R. Shackleford. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #28544
WTF!!is a TAB
♥SkullGirls♥

i saw the trailer and i was left confused by it, hope the speculations are true though. And didnt they announce a new Metal Gear a couple of months ago? this could be tied to it.
feel free to add me
WTF!!is a TAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #28545
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands

show

show

I mean, what do you guys think based on these screencaps? Apparently no one has ever heard of the developer before either (Moby Dick Studios), they were only registered a month ago, no way some random company could make such a high-quality trailer in that time.

Oh, and Moby Dick Studios doesn't seem to have any employees.

Last edited by iro-bot31 : 12-08-2012 at 12:43 AM.
iro-bot31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #28546
Bob_Sacamano
macabre_sacamano

Hmm, definitely interesting, there's no way that appearance is a coincidence.
Bob_Sacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #28547
R. Shackleford.
The North Remembers

Just saw the dark souls trailer it looks awesome. Also dem graphics.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #28548
R. Shackleford.
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Humani
I just saw a 59:05.88 speed run of Dark Souls.

Christ those people are good.

Also, I have learned that Dex builds > Str builds. And the Uchigatana is amazing, because bleed damage is amazing.

My brother just showed me a 32 min speed run. Its insane.

http://kotaku.com/5966725/watch-thi...?tag=dark-souls

Flippin Tables
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Old 12-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #28549
Dirge Humani
Tyler

I suspect that one uses glitches. This one was glitch free.

Yeah, i had a very interesting childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinduck01
ololololol im gay i like buttsex
Dirge Humani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #28550
R. Shackleford.
The North Remembers

I watched the whole thing and it didnt look like he used any gltiches. He just ran past pretty much everything and went boss fight to fight.

Well I guess he did kinda glitch once. He got through the door to Gywn without fighting any of the 4 lord bosses by killing himself and he somehow respawned on the other side. He was at 30 minutes up to that point and then just parried Gywn to death in 2 minutes.

Flippin Tables
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited by R. Shackleford. : 12-08-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #28551
jakesmellspoo
BrBa Survivor's Club

just finished Black Mesa.

DAYUM! can't wait for the rest of it to be finished! hope they do all the expansion packs too so i don't have to buy em.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:38 AM   #28552
spitonastranger
Kinski Assassin

Dark Souls is just fucking stupid. I've spent the past few hours trying to beat the shittest enemies having absolutely no fun in the process. Am I doing something wrong?
spitonastranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #28553
naedauuf

^block and dodge are you friends. Combat is more hands on than most games. It's not like god of war something where you cam blast through enemies. Take your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Humani
Did you upgrade your weapon to raw like an idiot? Because that removes stat scaling from them.

The only thing I upgraded at all was my stats, I haven't even made it to the blacksmith to upgrade my weapons. I'm still using the scimitar you start with as the wanderer.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf : 12-08-2012 at 02:53 AM.
naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #28554
GLP_Arclite
AZIZ LIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF!!is a TAB
Dark Souls 2 !?!?!

OMGWTFBBQSJLKADJSD

I have no gif to adequately express just how pleased I am with this news.

http://www.spike.com/netstorage/eve...me-awards/live/

Anyone else who wants to see it, skip to 47 minutes. Official site doesn't seem to have much yet: http://www.darksoulsii.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitonastranger
Dark Souls is just fucking stupid. I've spent the past few hours trying to beat the shittest enemies having absolutely no fun in the process. Am I doing something wrong?

Probably. Take it slow, real slow. Pull one enemy at a time wherever possible, learn to dodge every attack you can, and block every attack you can't. When you get a bit more confident, learn specific enemy attack animations and use that knowledge to parry their attacks.

Never let your endurance drop all the way down when swinging at enemies, just rushing for a kill can be dangerous. Use chokepoints to avoid getting surrounded by enemies, and use weapons that match your situation (big sweeping greatsword with slow attack animation is going to be bad against fast enemies or in tight spaces, spear is going to be great for keeping staggerable yet dangerous enemies at a distance, etc).

Basically, skill and common sense will get you through the game. Gear and stats are just optional extras.

Also, as a side note, a mistake new players often make is to not notice the cliff path right next to the first bonfire after getting carried off by the raven and end up at a graveyard with skeletons. Just in case that's where you've gone, I recommend turning back. That place is pretty hardcore
GLP_Arclite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #28555
spitonastranger
Kinski Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLP_Arclite
Also, as a side note, a mistake new players often make is to not notice the cliff path right next to the first bonfire after getting carried off by the raven and end up at a graveyard with skeletons. Just in case that's where you've gone, I recommend turning back. That place is pretty hardcore

Ok yeah that was totally me
Those Catacombs man WTF. Any advice on classes? I've been playing as a knight is that a good choice in the longer term?
spitonastranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #28556
GLP_Arclite
AZIZ LIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitonastranger
Ok yeah that was totally me
Those Catacombs man WTF. Any advice on classes? I've been playing as a knight is that a good choice in the longer term?

Shit man, that's basically the only place where gear does matter. Those things just don't die unless you have Divine weapons or you can push through to the caster keeping them alive. Go back to the bonfire, go up the cliff, you should be able to see it from the bonfire.

Knight is one of the easiest classes. I would say remove enough of your armour to keep your equip load under 50% (or under 25% if you can) since those are the thresholds for how your dodging speed is calculated. Against most enemies, needing armour is a last resort. If you go up against something big, that you can't reliably block/dodge, that's when you armour up and try to tank it. If you can get your Poise stat up (comes from heavier armour) you'll be able to take bigger hits without being staggered, but obviously the tradoff there is it'll be harder to dodge. MixNMatch that shit.

Also, avoid the Black Knight. You'll know what it means when the time's right
Old 12-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #28557
behind_you
( ل͜ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by iro-bot31
There's also The Phantom Pain, which a lot of people seem to be speculating is related to Metal Gear Solid (possibly MGS: Ground Zeroes) because the protagonist in the trailer looks almost exactly like Big Boss. People have also claimed to have seen Psycho Mantis and Volgin as well, but I haven't played the newer MGS games so I can't say.

Forbes did an article highlighting a bunch of the coincidences, such as that the CEO of the developer's name is an anagram for Kojima. It's interesting to say the least.
Yeah this is pretty awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikurosaki
ins i will suck ur ugly ostrich head if you dont shut up
PeTA

hello

behind_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #28558
naedauuf

Those skeletons took up sooooo much of my time when I first started, what a beginners trap. The black knights too actually, the game is full of them. If you get to a spot that seems downright impossible, it probably is.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #28559
GLP_Arclite
AZIZ LIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
Those skeletons took up sooooo much of my time when I first started, what a beginners trap. The black knights too actually, the game is full of them. If you get to a spot that seems downright impossible, it probably is.

Actually, none of it is. It's just really ****ing hard. Theres like 1 bit in the game that cant be beaten with starter gear.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #28560
naedauuf

I didn't mean literally impossible, just super hard parts lol

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: