Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #36481
kLinic
Not a Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgguitarz1234
They aren't really linked (huehuehue)

I understood that! =D

But yay, sounds like I'm starting off with Ocarina of Time!
  • Cort Bass
  • Laney LC30
kLinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #36482
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLinic
Hey all, got a 3DS yesterday for my birthday.

Where's the best place to start with the Zelda series? Ive never properly played before. Can I start out with Ocarina of Time, or do I need to start from the beggining? Any other good Nintendo IPs to try?

Majora's Mask is my favorite, but it's really different compared to the rest of the Zelda games. OoT would be a good place to start, but be sure to check out Windwaker, Link to the Past, and Majora's Mask as well, at least.

Since you have the 3DS, get Star Fox 64 3D as well. For other Nintendo properties, try Super Metroid, F-Zero X, Super Mario Galaxy, Pikmin 2, anything Fire Emblem, and Advance Wars: Dual Strike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
muffinduck01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:59 AM   #36483
zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks

I cannot get into metroid prime really. I put like a half hour into it then get bored.
zomgguitarz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #36484
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

So, Bungie has a video on their new game:

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #36485
Weaponized
positive thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgguitarz1234
I cannot get into metroid prime really. I put like a half hour into it then get bored.
that game is great man, but if you're not into it then whatever

I started Mass Effect 2 finally, it is really good. Mass Effect was my favorite game for a looong time but I just never got around to buying 2.

Pacing is a little rough I think, might just be cause I have all the DLC
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:34 AM   #36486
soundgarden1986
winning love by daylight~

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinduck01
Keep in mind that most of the praise Sonic Adventure got when it came out was because it was a technical marvel at the time. Now that all that has worn off, people can see how much of a piece of crap the game was.

I'm sort of glad I skipped out on that one then. My only experience with that game is the demo of the first level or something like that. There was a beach and a whale. That's all I know.

I got Hydro Thunder and Power Stone instead
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #36487
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
That Hydra in Darkroot Basin is giving my problems. His ****ing water cannon thing is too strong, even when I get close he just alternates between water cannon and melee. I've killed every other enemy there except him, and I doubt I will. **** him.

To beat the Hydra easily you want to get down and into the water right in front of him. If you move over to the right hand side (facing Hydra), with shield raised, it's very hard for him to hurt you.

Quote:
I'm at Blighttown now and I hate it! Fucking blowdart faggots with their toxic arrows

Blighttown is actually pretty good once you know the layout. Enjoying the framerate drops?

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
metacarpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #36488
naedauuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
To beat the Hydra easily you want to get down and into the water right in front of him. If you move over to the right hand side (facing Hydra), with shield raised, it's very hard for him to hurt you.

Blighttown is actually pretty good once you know the layout. Enjoying the framerate drops?

I tried that on the hydra, but I was further to his left side, maybe that was the issue I just realized I have to buy that Astora Seal from that guy to get into that sealed place in the Forest.. Dang! I thought I was done with everywhere, now I gotta grind like a fiend for the 20k souls

I play on PC, so I probably don't get the same drops as console (assuming you even pay on console). I looked into it and my problem is the game itself. I play at a constant 30fps, but sometimes randomly it bumps to exactly 15fps, then when I move around a bit or just simply wait it'll bump back to exactly 30fps. Never one higher or one less than either of those.. It's weird. Blighttown is actually pretty nice, I haven't had any fps drops yet.

Naedauuf for president people.

naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #36489
JackalUK

Hydra is lulzmode. Like Carpi said, just head down to him on the right (specifically where you get the knight gear off a dead body floating in the water). He can't shoot you there and he does his melee attack much more frequently so you can kill him in a few minutes.

Blighttown is utter shite I hate it too. Even on second and third playthroughs I have trouble with that place.
JackalUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #36490
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
I tried that on the hydra, but I was further to his left side, maybe that was the issue I just realized I have to buy that Astora Seal from that guy to get into that sealed place in the Forest.. Dang! I thought I was done with everywhere haha

I play on PC, so I probably don't get the same drops as console (assuming you even pay on console). I looked into it and my problem is the game itself. I play at a constant 30fps, but sometimes randomly it bumps to exactly 15fps, then when I move around a bit or just simply wait it'll bump back to exactly 30fps. Never one higher or one less than either of those.. It's weird. Blighttown is actually pretty nice, I haven't had any fps drops yet.

I take it you're using the DSFix then? Before I installed that Blighttown had FPS drops just as often on my PC as it did on the consoles. It doesn't make Blighttown much more difficult, but it is a pain in the ass.

EDIT:

Really? I actually kind of like Blighttown. It's got a really unique feel compared to the rest of the game, and once you know where those toxic blowpipe dudes are, it's easy to avoid their attacks and take them out.

Last edited by metacarpi : 02-18-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #36491
naedauuf

There is a fix by unlocking framrate lock in the DSFIX.ini, but there's a warning saying I could get banned from GFWL. **** that, I can easily play with 15fps once in a blue moon. It's more of a minor annoyance than a problem.

And I like Blighttown, it's a cool and awesome looking place, I just hate the enemies, should've been more clear

EDIT: I hate that color filter that turns on when you cross the gate into Blighttown though. Everything looks all nice and clear and bright-ish, then BOOM. Dark and blue/green.

Last edited by naedauuf : 02-18-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #36492
JackalUK

I just always forget that the lizard guys are a lot more powerful than everything else leading up to that point. I just run in swinging like a twat like you can do for the entirety of the game up to that point. It's the first proper difficulty spike in the game I would say.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #36493
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
There is a fix by unlocking framrate lock in the DSFIX.ini, but there's a warning saying I could get banned from GFWL. **** that, I can easily play with 15fps once in a blue moon. It's more of a minor annoyance than a problem.

Only because technically that means you modified the game. I wouldn't (and haven't) worried about it - first thing I did was unlock the framerate.

EDIT:

I don't think the lizard-looking dudes are much more difficult. The poxy little fire dogs are a pain, and the blowdart dudes can **** your shit up with Toxic, and there are those pain in the ass midges everywhere - they bug me way more than the lizard-looking dudes.

Last edited by metacarpi : 02-18-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #36494
Weaponized
positive thinking

Btw near the hydra is a secret place with a golden crystal golem thing. I think.

Also, the Vorcha in ME2 are the dumbest thing ever, they remind me of Power Rangers villains.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:34 AM   #36495
naedauuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalUK
I just always forget that the lizard guys are a lot more powerful than everything else leading up to that point. I just run in swinging like a twat like you can do for the entirety of the game up to that point. It's the first proper difficulty spike in the game I would say.

I actually enjoy that it is a bit more hard. Up until that point I could one-hit or maybe two hit every enemy. I didn't even need to use a shield or block or anything. Just run up, hit, kill, run past. Getting to Blighttown is like starting the game, your gear is shit and you have to actually use strategy

Old 02-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #36496
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
Btw near the hydra is a secret place with a golden crystal golem thing. I think.

Not until you've gotten the broken pendant from the one near the entrance to the Dukes Archives.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:39 AM   #36497
Weaponized
positive thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
Not until you've gotten the broken pendant from the one near the entrance to the Dukes Archives.
Hmm I must have gotten that without realizing it. I don't think I ever saw that girl who comes out of it again either.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #36498
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
Hmm I must have gotten that without realizing it. I don't think I ever saw that girl who comes out of it again either.

Maybe not, maybe the Golem appears, but you certainly can't access the secret place without the pendant from the Golem at Dukes Archives.

The girl has a summoning sigil near the waters edge where the dead body with the Knights Armour set is if you want to summon her again. There's no need to though, the Vendor (Elizabeth?) in Oolacile Gardens has all her items available.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #36499
JackalUK

There's a big rock next to the dead body in the water. That's where her summon sign is if you want to trade with her. It's pretty much impossible to see however so you just need to run around the rock for a bit until it shows up.

http://gizmodo.com/5984947/crazy-gu...photoshop-image

:O
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #36500
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalUK
There's a big rock next to the dead body in the water. That's where her summon sign is if you want to trade with her. It's pretty much impossible to see however so you just need to run around the rock for a bit until it shows up.

Need to carry on with my current NG+. I've only got The 4 Kings remaining, but I think I've built myself into a corner. I don't have enough Sorceries castings to be able to deal enough damage, and my stats are waaaaaaay to low to use any weapons of note, and I kind of don't want to use weapons anyways.

I've not tried them for a little while though, need to give it another go and try and figure out what I can do.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: