Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Christopher S

[GP5] Unnamed - Pigeon Lake. [Metal/Stoner]

... and I'm back again (everyone cries).

My band Pigeon Lake has just finished another song (I just love it when I bring a sketch into the group, and we perfect it).

Simply put, we are all really pleased with the outcome of this song, and the only thing lacking is the vocal melody - but it's in the working.

Bear in mind we are a trio, therefore the guitars are written the way they are. The harmony part in the end is fully possible to play on one guitar (just move some placements around).

Anyways, without further ado, here it is - please leave a comment/critique if you feel like it. I'd be more than happy to return a equivalent rating.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Unnamed v2.gp5 (85.5 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by Christopher S : 04-06-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Christopher S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
hornet224
a rock

There's not really much I can say about this. I think it's very well written. I do, however, think the bass is a little overpowering. That's about the only thing I really have an issue with. I do like the harmonies you've done, especially in the choruses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
hornet224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Christopher S

Thanks, I guess. What do you mean by overpowering, btw?
Old 04-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
mka12992

Hey, sorry it took me so long to get to this. I think you've got something here. I like your use of dissonance, it's not too overpowering, and it's interesting. As far as structure goes, it's unusual, but in a tasteful way. My personal favorite part was the bass break near the beginning for some reason. Thanks for the feedback on my tune.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
hornet224
a rock

When I say overpowering about the bass, I just mean that it's brought out a little to much and somewhat drowns out the other parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
hornet224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Christopher S

Ah, I see. It might just be because of Guitar Pro, 'cause we've played it live a couple of times and it works really well.
We are going to record this song for our upcoming EP, so any kind of hickup will probably be picked out before the end result.

Rate This Thread: