Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #61
Emperor's Child
Isn't It?

Primary Genre: Progressive Metal (with electronic/acoustic elements), Symphonic Metal

Main Guitar: Sumer Metal Driver
Rig: Blackstar HT-5, Boosted by a Boss SD-1

Basically, my rig needs a lot of work: Plans to build an amp for uni, maybe get a POD Pro and I need a wah, reverb/delay, EQ...

Poor Pics of the Guitar:

Will be changing the pups soon.

Everyone knows what a HT-5 and Boss pedals look like .

EDIT: Woah, my gear is so **** compared with some of you guys. Axe FX? Diezel!? I wish I had that much money.

Last edited by Emperor's Child : 04-11-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #62
ryantombasco
-Ryan Tombasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutless999
Looks like a Vamp pro.

Indeed, but It's not in use. It's filler in the rack for the tuner above it.
----Marshall JCM800.
----Fender 140.
----Blackheart BH5H.

Calling Mesa Owners
Blackheart Usergroup
ryantombasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #63
ryantombasco
-Ryan Tombasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor's Child
Primary Genre: Progressive Metal (with electronic/acoustic elements), Symphonic Metal

Main Guitar: Sumer Metal Driver
Rig: Blackstar HT-5, Boosted by a Boss SD-1

Basically, my rig needs a lot of work: Plans to build an amp for uni, maybe get a POD Pro and I need a wah, reverb/delay, EQ...

Poor Pics of the Guitar:

Will be changing the pups soon.

Everyone knows what a HT-5 and Boss pedals look like .

EDIT: Woah, my gear is so **** compared with some of you guys. Axe FX? Diezel!? I wish I had that much money.

Neat lookin' guitar though. And the Blackstar stuff seems to get some good reviews. Out of all my gear on the last page, I bet you I use my little 3/5 watt Blackheart the most.. Not that I don't like my other gear, but I like that little amp. Use my Mesa Bottle Rocket OD with it for some crunch. I usually use my Boss DD3 for some short delay in solos (and it boosts my volume a hair) and my Boss 7-Band eq to make my bridge pick-up sound a little more meaty for cleans. And I use my modded strato. Don't get down on your gear, you're on the right track man.
----Marshall JCM800.
----Fender 140.
----Blackheart BH5H.

Calling Mesa Owners
Blackheart Usergroup

Last edited by ryantombasco : 04-11-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #64
GS LEAD 5

^Agreed, the finish on that guitar looks mighty tasty
Peavey KB4

DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #65
Emperor's Child
Isn't It?

Guitar only cost me 150 + old Pacifica as well .

I will say that the HT-5 is good but, I still find it a bit too loud (unless I use the clean channel) and there's not really much on the market that suits metal and is quieter.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #66
Paroxysm

Primary Genre: Progressive rock

Guitar: Ibanez RGA121 (LiquiFire in the neck, Super 3 in the bridge)

Rig: Mesa Rectoverb 1x12 combo, Korg Pitchblack tuner, Hardwire CR-7 chorus (mostly for cleans)

Desired Rig: PRS CE-22, Mesa Tremoverb head, Mesa 2x12 cabinet, TC Electronic G-Majow 2, Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller

I like it simple now.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #67
ryantombasco
-Ryan Tombasco

Quote:
Guitar only cost me 150 + old Pacifica as well .

I will say that the HT-5 is good but, I still find it a bit too loud (unless I use the clean channel) and there's not really much on the market that suits metal and is quieter.

You could always get something like a line 6 pod for practicing on your own, and invest in some decent headphones. I'm not an amp modeling kinda guy, but I got a behringer vamp pro that I've been considering for quiet practicing.
----Marshall JCM800.
----Fender 140.
----Blackheart BH5H.

Calling Mesa Owners
Blackheart Usergroup

Last edited by ryantombasco : 04-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #68
Emperor's Child
Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantombasco
You could always get something like a line 6 pod for practicing on your own, and invest in some decent headphones. I'm not an amp modeling kinda guy, but I got a behringer vamp pro that I've been considering for quiet practicing.
That's where I was going with the POD Pro but I'm unsure if it's right for me. I already have Audio Technica ATH-M50s though.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #69
Messiah138

Primary Genre: Death Metal (Influenced by swedish death, with hints of hardcore punk)

Main Guitar: B.C. Rich Mockingbird Pro X with Floyd Rose Tremolo, EMG 81 (Bridge) and EMG 60 (Neck) pickups, currently using Dean Markley JZ 12-54 Nickelsteel Electric Strings.

Rig: BOSS HM-2 Pedal, Peavey Bandit 120 Amp
I also have a BOSS DS-1 and DS-2 that I sometimes use on home recordings when layering guitars.
Our rehearsal room is also equipped with some low-end solid state Marshall stacks, so I use these instead of my Peavey most of the time.

Desired Rig: First a noise filter, because the HM-2 has some serious feedback issues so I should really get one, then a wah pedal that could also fit my bass, and an Ibanez DM-1100 Digital Delay rack, the same Piggy from Voivod used. I'm looking for a nice tube amp too, but I'm not sure what I should get to keep a nice and clean, warm buzzsaw sound, any other amp than my Bandit sounds too rough. Maybe a hardtail "backup" guitar too.

That's only my metal rig though. (Sorry, picture quality sucks, I took it with my iPhone)
Messiah138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #70
ryantombasco
-Ryan Tombasco

If you do a search on the forums here, I'm sure you can find recommendations for a suitable amp for you.. For what you're looking for sound wise. I was always able to get heavy crunch out of my triple rec, and still get warm full cleans, dispite others having issues with that. I've been messing with mine for near 8 years now though. I have many hours into it, lol
----Marshall JCM800.
----Fender 140.
----Blackheart BH5H.

Calling Mesa Owners
Blackheart Usergroup
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #71
Messiah138

My problem with most amps is basically that I end up sounding something like this when I want to sound like that.
Only my Peavey gave me the sound I want so far.
Though I'll definitely search for a (preferably high-end) Tube Amp that sounds right once I got the money.

Last edited by Messiah138 : 04-12-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Messiah138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #72
ryantombasco
-Ryan Tombasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah138
My problem with most amps is basically that I end up sounding something like this when I want to sound like that.
Only my Peavey gave me the sound I want so far.
Though I'll definitely search for a (preferably high-end) Tube Amp that sounds right once I got the money.

Yea I know what you mean. I wasn't ever into THAT kind of metal too much even when I was younger., But I know your problem. I wasn't ever a fan of hi freq middy sounds. Always liked that darker mid freq. I hear the Peavey 5150's have a darker tone to them.. As do the Rectifiers. Anything along those lines will probably have more of the tone you're looking for.. A darker voiced amp more the less, is what it sounds like you're looking for.
----Marshall JCM800.
----Fender 140.
----Blackheart BH5H.

Calling Mesa Owners
Blackheart Usergroup
Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #73
Fisheth24
i swear on me mum

I'm tending to be a classic metalhead myself with stuff ranging from Maiden to W.A.S.P to Leatherwolf and loads of European stuff like Helloween, Sonata Arctica and Hammerfall.

Guitars: Squier Vintage Modified in Sunburst (HSS), Dean Razorback, Jackson RR3

Amp Laney AOR 100w

Pedals Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss CE-3

Fisheth24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #74
Kriptonite_r
UG Senior Member

Genre: metalcore, hardcore

Guitar: LTD MH-400NT

Rig:
Peavey 6505 head
Marshall 1960A cab
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay + Boss FS-5U
Boss TU-3
Boss NS-2
Maxon OD808
Boss BCB-60

This is the gear I've always wanted so I'm really happy with it. Now only a wireless system I guess

Kriptonite_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #75
Emperor's Child
Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm
Primary Genre: Progressive rock

Guitar: Ibanez RGA121 (LiquiFire in the neck, Super 3 in the bridge)

Rig: Mesa Rectoverb 1x12 combo, Korg Pitchblack tuner, Hardwire CR-7 chorus (mostly for cleans)

Desired Rig: PRS CE-22, Mesa Tremoverb head, Mesa 2x12 cabinet, TC Electronic G-Majow 2, Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller

I like it simple now.
Not really a metal rig then is it?

I had dreams about PRS Guitars back when I was using one of the old Pacifica 112s. If it helps, the guitar I posted above is a pretty good (and cheap) substitute (quality and specs-wise), though that's if you ever come across one. Apparently, they just pop up in random parts of the UK and USA every now and then.

Last edited by Emperor's Child : 04-12-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #76
ciadude2

Quote:
That's where I was going with the POD Pro but I'm unsure if it's right for me. I already have Audio Technica ATH-M50s though.

I can heartily recommend the Pod HD series. I used it with headphones only for the first 6 months of having it(HD500) and it sounded fine with my headphones(I got a pair for around $150 that sound amazing so if you like yours keep them).

Since the HD series has come up multiple times in the thread as a topic, if anyone wants demos of specific amp models or whatever, just drop me a message. I can show you how they sound either through direct USB from the HD500 or mic'd from my DT50. Whichever you prefer.
ciadude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #77
Hell Kaiser Ryo

Primary Genre: Some odd sort of symphonic melodeath

Guitar: Ibanez S420 (EADGBE) and Ibanez S7420(BEADGBE), both stock

Rig: At the moment, all I'm using a POD HD500 into my audio interface.

Desired Rig: I'd swap out the POD HD500 with a Mesa boogie triple rec with a dunlop standard crybaby, a maxon 808 with an ISP decimator and a boss DD-7 in the amps fx-loop. Preferably, I'd have some sort of rack to go with that so I could program channel-swapping with effects so I wouldn't have to tap-dance around my pedalboard.
For my guitars, I'd like another Ibanez 7 and put Dimarzio crunchlab7 and liquifire7s in them both.
Boss: DD-3 digital delay
Boss: NS-2 noise gate
Mesa Boogie 2ch Dual-rectifier
Framus Dragon 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
Hell Kaiser Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #78
jpatan
UG's only REAL Llama

Primary Genre: everything from Lamb of God type stuff, all the way to classic rock

Guitar: Carvin CT624 and Gibson LP Studio. Both stock pickups

Rig: TS-9 in front of a Mesa Mark IV through a 212 Recto cab. Thassit. I have a G major 2 for effects, but it hasn't even been hooked up since I moved, almost 5 months ago. I have a POD HD-500 that I don't use much. Got a good deal on it as part of a trade. It's a great backup if nothing else.

Desired Rig: I've really been wanting to check out the new 50w 5150 head. Aside from that I want a roadking II.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
jpatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #79
Tunder250

Primary genre: Guitar strings sound

Guitar: Ibanez RG 1570 with stock pickups

Rig: TriAmp MK1 with Framus 212 with v30's ( mark's )

Desired Rig: i wanna get a better guitar with the same feel, but with a set of AfterMath's ( prolly gonna get them once i am done with college )
Powerball 2 ( excellent response with the single coil pickup in my Ibby )
Some better 212 ( prolly a Mesa Stiletto )

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30

Last edited by Tunder250 : 04-14-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Tunder250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #80
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.

Primary genre: Mostly progressive metal, shred metal, bits of thrash and melodic death here and there. I am also in a metalcore band.

Guitars: I use my Ibanez Prestige 2570Z for most of the prog/shred and my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser for most of the metalcore and melodeath.

Rig: I find that my current rig is pretty much perfect for what I play. I can tweak it so that it can do any of the above genres.

Peavey 6505 head
Marshall 1960AV cab
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
TS Electronic Petrucci Dreamscape
Boss NS2
Boss DD3
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

The only changes I see myself making any time soon are replacing the wah pedal with a Morley Bad Horsie 2, and adding a tuner pedal.
Random3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: