Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #81
gregs1020
Hi mom!

today i'm just going to run my pod 2.0 into my old champ because you only need 5 watts to be louder than the PA.

i herd it on UG so it must be true.
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #82
ryantombasco
-Ryan Tombasco

Edit: Fixed
cheers
----Marshall JCM800.
----Fender 140.
----Blackheart BH5H.

Calling Mesa Owners
Blackheart Usergroup

Last edited by ryantombasco : 04-14-2012 at 09:00 PM.
ryantombasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #83
jpatan
UG's only REAL Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantombasco
TEXT WALL

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1533078

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
jpatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #84
mh400nt
I Get Distrac

Primary Genre: Punk/metal. Hard to describe, Listen to us here if you want -

https://www.facebook.com/giantsofthewest

Guitar: Gibson 1979 Les Paul Custom Silverburst. Bareknuckles cold sweat pickups.

Rig: Diezel Herbert into Diezel frontloaded 4x12 with Celestion G12K-100s. Front of amp I run a Diamond Compressor, Maxon OD808, Korg pitchblack tuner and ISP Decimator. 4 way midi switch to change patches. In the effects loop I just use a MXR carbon copy delay, and sometimes a EHX stereo pulsar tremolo. I will be getting a Strymon timeline soon!

Desired Rig: Maybe change to a VH4...definitely sticking with Diezel. they are sublime, perfect for any situation and reliable as shit. Sound absolutely amazing. Im getting a couple of Strymon pedals soon too.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #85
TomMon
Sick of Smiths covers

First of all, line6 spiders ARE giggable if you know what you're doing. Don't let gear snobbery put you off somebody if they make it work.

Primary Genre: I play punk/rock with metal elements (heavy powerchord riffs, sweep picking etc.).

Guitar: You're gonna love this. 1) Fender CP Jazzmaster- all stock, with p90 magnet pickups.
2) Yamaha SJ550 (tele shape) with two alnico V humbuckers.

Rig: Orange Tiny Terror on marshall 4x12 (or whatever a venue has, not fussy), pedals from guitar- Boss TU3>Boss DS1>Boss BF2 (flanger)>Marshall Echohead>Amp. I get AC DC level distortion from the amp, step on the DS1 for leads/riffage. I have a small pig with sunglasses and leather jacket on my amp. Not a gnome, but he's there.

Desired Rig: I want one of them boss gigadelays so I can nerd out and save some settings I'll never use. Nothing important really.

Last edited by TomMon : 04-14-2012 at 04:06 PM.
TomMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #86
ryantombasco
-Ryan Tombasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatan

I see what you did there.. I did have it out in the past before about low wattage amps though.
----Marshall JCM800.
----Fender 140.
----Blackheart BH5H.

Calling Mesa Owners
Blackheart Usergroup
ryantombasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #87
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantombasco
I see what you did there.. I did have it out in the past before about low wattage amps though.

we all have.

thus my sarcasm.
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #88
wahalrus
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Genre: 80s hard rock/metal (Iron Maiden, Def Leppard) and Classic Prog Rock (Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd, and did I mention Pink Floyd?)

Guitar: Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (Texas Specials in neck/mid, Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates bridge) but im thinking of changing the neck to a Lace Sensor Silver

Rig:
Bugera V22 and V5 (V22 is set perfectly clean, V5 is on the edge of breakup)
Fender Mustang II (for high-gain solo sounds--any modeling amp sounds just as good as a tube amp for super high gain, tube amps only win in cleans and crunch)
Danelectro Daddy-O (set to a light boost, it makes the V22 sound really warm and almost sparkly and pushes the V5 into hard crunch; it acts as a compressor/sustainer/feedbacker for the Mustang)
Danelectro Vibe (never really use this, came with my daddy-o and its nice when i want to pull out random hendrix)
Danelectro Cool Cat Stereo Chorus (original from 1995, absolutely AMAZING. i keep it set as a slow leslie copy)
I split the signal from the chorus into all 3 amps, and i have homemade killswitches to turn cut the signal going to each amp so i can choose which amp im playing through

Desired rig:
Hiwatt Custom 50 just like David Gilmour
1970s Big Muff Pi
ANY DELAY PEDAL AT ALL but currently looking towards the Behringer Vintage Time Machine (Deluxe Memory Man clone)
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier -- every type of tone ive heard from it sounds amazing... clean, crunch, and high gain... this thing eats it for breakfast

Other things:
i can NOT play guitar with shoes on my feet.... i always miss the buttons on the floor, and i just get distracted by not having my toes free, and my playing just dies. i believe freeing my feet frees my tone (not really, i just dont like shoes and yes i do actually miss the on/off switches on my pedals/killswitches with shoes on my feet)

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive

Last edited by wahalrus : 09-27-2012 at 09:33 PM.
wahalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #89
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahalrus
Genre: 80s hard rock/metal (Iron Maiden, Def Leppard) and Classic Prog Rock (Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd, and did I mention Pink Floyd?)

Guitar: Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (Texas Specials in neck/mid, Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates bridge) but im thinking of changing the neck to a Lace Sensor Silver

Rig:
Bugera V22 and V5 (V22 is set perfectly clean, V5 is on the edge of breakup)
Fender Mustang II (for high-gain solo sounds--any modeling amp sounds just as good as a tube amp for super high gain, tube amps only win in cleans and crunch)
Danelectro Daddy-O (set to a light boost, it makes the V22 sound really warm and almost sparkly and pushes the V5 into hard crunch; it acts as a compressor/sustainer/feedbacker for the Mustang)
Danelectro Vibe (never really use this, came with my daddy-o and its nice when i want to pull out random hendrix)
Danelectro Cool Cat Stereo Chorus (original from 1995, absolutely AMAZING. i keep it set as a slow leslie copy)
I split the signal from the chorus into all 3 amps, and i have homemade killswitches to turn cut the signal going to each amp so i can choose which amp im playing through

Desired rig:
Hiwatt Custom 50 just like David Gilmour
1970s Big Muff Pi
ANY DELAY PEDAL AT ALL but currently looking towards the Behringer Vintage Time Machine (Deluxe Memory Man clone)
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier -- every type of tone ive heard from it sounds amazing... clean, crunch, and high gain... this thing eats it for breakfast

Other things:
i can NOT play guitar with shoes on my feet.... i always miss the buttons on the floor, and i just get distracted by not having my toes free, and my playing just dies. i believe freeing my feet frees my tone (not really, i just dont like shoes and yes i do actually miss the on/off switches on my pedals/killswitches with shoes on my feet)

Cool rig dude, but I am going to have to disagree with you on that one. There is a very obvious difference when I plug into my rev jr. to practice vs. my peavey vypyr.

Gear:
Randall RM100 (Recto, KH2 and XTC modules)
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #90
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #91
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Woops, just realized this is from April. My bad.

Gear:
Randall RM100 (Recto, KH2 and XTC modules)
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #92
Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy

Primary Genre: Metalcore, thrash, anything metal song I enjoy really.

Guitars: Jackson PS-3 w/ Ibanez V1/V2 pups CGCFAD/C#G#C#F#A#D#
PRS SE Singlecut DADGBE

Rig: Peavey 6505+ w/ Randall XL 4x12 Cab
Ibanez TS-10
Korg PitchBlack Tuner
Dunlop Wah
Boss CE-3
EHX Big Muff Pi

Wants: ISP Decimator, MXR Dyna Comp, MXR 10 Band EQ
Im pretty content with my amp as it is, but I really want some more pedals, and possibly a 7 string/tele
Charvel1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: