Search:

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #21
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something2k12
Schecter Hellraiser.

As for actives and batteries: They can last 6 months to a year and all you gotta do is keep a spare battery in your case... really no biggie...

i haven't replaced them in the two EMG guitars i have and i have owned them for at least 5 years or so. the big thing is just unplugging your guitar while not in use. if you leave the plug in you will be using your battery. but unplug they aren't a big deal. its not like changing tubes and dropping $150 on a quad of KT88's. its a battery. probably $6 for a two pack or something. they just clip in and clip out. you spend more time unscrewing the cavity than you do changing the battery.

gas list:
Strymon Mobius
Diamond Compressor
Musket Fuzz
and a few guitars
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #22
D.Bagalow

The Hellraisers are great. I've had a dlx for close to a year that I keep unplugged when not in use and its battery is still going strong. You can get a higher end model with abalone a Floyd Rose at guitar center for well under $1000. I hear the Crestline LP copies are great too. I have a Crestline Explorer copy with a red and yellow EVH paintjob and a single screaming humbucker. I paid $70 for it planning to put an active p/u in it but it sounds too good the way it is. I haven't been able to find much info on mine either but I found a Hondo 780 that is almost identical so I think Crestline was somehow related to Hondo if that helps you find some info. I've also read that a lot of those Japanese 'copy era' guitars used the same p/u's as their American counterparts. So the LP may be something you want to research and sink a little money into as well. Good luck.
D.Bagalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: