Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 04-27-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
thanksgiving
UG Senior Member
 
thanksgiving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia
The 2012 Pact

For anyone who never saw The January Pact or The New Years Pact.

The purpose of the previous threads I made was to try and help all you Socialphobes start getting out there and having fun, start gaining confidence and talking to people, maybe finding new friends or a love interest. Who knows?

So without further ado...

The 2012 Pact


By agreeing to participate in The 2012 pact you are agreeing to explore outiside your comfort zone, take oppertunities and take chances

If you need ideas or confidence, or want to share successful (or unsucessful) experiences, then post here.

Good luck.

Current participators:

thanksgiving
blake1221
CoreysMonster
cptcomet
Haures
Deadlock Riff
chriscobonham
BuckinFuffalo
guitarninjaruy
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Trizek
akack
YamiFrankc
Pagan_Poetry
Blackholesun00
bad news bear
uziyourillusion
Metallicuh
ZombieCran
JobWob119
Bluesblitz
Crofty89
S0n1c '97
slipknot5678
OldDavidian
Mark Roxx
MetalheadA7X

Current Challenge


Grab an acoustic guitar and sing a song in public.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.




The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.

Last edited by thanksgiving : 05-22-2012 at 08:23 PM.
thanksgiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #2
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Sign me up.



But...I don't really have a problem with this anyways...so whatevs.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #3
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
 
slash_GNR666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Good idea however I will not be participating this time as I feel confident enough in myself ATM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksgiving
The first mission is next time you're shopping, start a conversation with a complete stranger of the opposite sex, and make them laugh.


Plus I would probably say something that I think is funny and end up being arrested.

That or my wife would kill me and stick me in the freezer aisle
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.




༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽

Last edited by slash_GNR666 : 04-27-2012 at 03:56 AM.
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Your wife would murder you for talking to a different woman?



That's healthy.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 AM   #5
MightyAri
Banned
 
MightyAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksgiving

The 2012 Pact

By agreeing to participate in The 2012 pact you are agreeing to explore outiside your comfort zone, take oppertunities and take chances

If you need ideas or confidence, or want to share successful (or unsucessful) experiences, then post here.

Good luck.

Current participators:

thanksgiving
blake1221


The first mission is next time you're shopping, start a conversation with a complete stranger of the opposite sex, and make them laugh.


Make yourself look like a creep!Excellent.
MightyAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:01 AM   #6
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
 
slash_GNR666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Your wife would murder you for talking to a different woman?
That's healthy.


Lol a complete stranger probably...

If I knew the woman then story would be completey different (I would probably be wounded)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.




༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
thanksgiving
UG Senior Member
 
thanksgiving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyAri
Make yourself look like a creep!Excellent.


That's what I would used to think. It's too creepy to just talk to a stranger!

But it's not. Talking is perfectly normal, you just don't know how to start the conversation, that's why we're here.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.




The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
thanksgiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #8
Amuro Jay
challenging santa
 
Amuro Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ra Cailum
I'm living in a new city with no friends and all I do is sit on my laptop.

Sign me up. I want a life again.

EDIT: Whoah wait, we actually have to do things? Count me out.
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #9
MastodonHanzi
Registered User
 
MastodonHanzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Outside my comfort zone?
Ahh, the bathroom no?
MastodonHanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 AM   #10
MightyAri
Banned
 
MightyAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksgiving
That's what I would used to think. It's too creepy to just talk to a stranger!

But it's not. Talking is perfectly normal, you just don't know how to start the conversation, that's why we're here.


Talking to strangers isn't that normal.I mean actively going out of your way to track down a stranger and then start talking to them.Good on you for helping yourselves anyway,I was just being a smart arse.
MightyAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:08 AM   #11
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"
 
jthm_guitarist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: West Coast USA
This sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
when you sense an attack slap the sack

show
jthm_guitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 AM   #12
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!
 
slapsymcdougal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthm_guitarist
This sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen

Sounds like a restraining order waiting to happen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
You don't know every cyborg penis or eye type in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #13
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
Sounds like a restraining order waiting to happen.


Have you never hit on a girl you didn't know?
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 AM   #14
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!
 
slapsymcdougal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Have you never hit on a girl you didn't know?

Exaggeration for 'comedic' effect; and yes. Though I would point out that the OP doesn't specify actually hitting on them, just making them laugh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
You don't know every cyborg penis or eye type in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #15
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I can never tell in regards to loneliness in the Pit. There are some completely awesome normal people and like...real life scared-to-talk-to-anyone kinda dudes.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 AM   #16
WantsLesPaul
Nod to my Nod
 
WantsLesPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: *nods*
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksgiving
The first mission is next time you're shopping, start a conversation with a complete stranger of the opposite sex, and make them laugh.

Can't, here it's basically considered a rape.
__________________
🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙
we b all just sqids in de pond bb
WantsLesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #17
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!
 
slapsymcdougal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
I can never tell in regards to loneliness in the Pit. There are some completely awesome normal people and like...real life scared-to-talk-to-anyone kinda dudes.

Look, I may not bother talking to people I don't know anymore, but I have doen so in the past.
It's what has given me the proud record of having been turned down by at least 3 women for every one I've even thought about asking out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
You don't know every cyborg penis or eye type in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #18
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
Look, I may not bother talking to people I don't know anymore, but I have doen so in the past.
It's what has given me the proud record of having been turned down by at least 3 women for every one I've even thought about asking out.


I'm...sorry?
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #19
thanksgiving
UG Senior Member
 
thanksgiving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia
The purpose of the challenges is motivation.

Sure you can say that you're going to take part and do what you can to be social, but it's like a new years resolution.

You'll justify it in yourself, that going to Dominoes and ordering a pizza counts as being social.

The challenges will MAKE you be social.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.




The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
thanksgiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #20
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!
 
slapsymcdougal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
I'm...sorry?

Yoiu should be, it will all be your fault when you build that time machine in 15 years time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
You don't know every cyborg penis or eye type in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.