Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #21
WhineX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
it might sound fine through a british-voiced amp

I think it's sound kinda bad through my JMP 2204..
But it's great for an early Black Sabbath-ish sort of overdrive.
WhineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #22
bobafettacheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster7
TS! Edit first post to have all the links, and give it a pretty format, then it'll look convincing and people might stop making threads

(I wasn't saying this one is shit, I'm only suggesting )

Thanks for the heads up, just changed things, hopefully it is a little more appealing now.
Boss Sd-1,Swollen Pickle, Hardwire RV7, Bonamassa Wah, Joyo Delay, MXR Phase 90, Danelectro F&C
bobafettacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #23
Fisheth24
Lord Of The Dark Things.

Fantastic thread, stickied.
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez RG7321
Gibson Faded V
Schecter Blaxjack ATX V-1
Vintage Musicman Bass copy
Fisheth24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #24
Kittythulhu

Quote:
i doubt the digital delay is a clone, i mean the dm2 is analogue, right?

don't get me wrong, it still sounds good

definitely not a clone of the dm2, but it sounds good in comparison!
Kittythulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #25
Prophet of Page

I don't really need them, but I think I'll order the Vintage Overdrive and the Ultimate Drive in the next month or so. 60 won't ruin me if I don't like them. It's barely more than the price of a DS-1.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #26
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

Quote:
is it? i thought it was the ibanez one (just judging by the names on the knobs, which obviously is hardly scientific!)

It sounds nothing like an Ibanez Flanger. I had an FL9 for many years, it was my only mod pedal for a long time. I could do anything with that thing. The Joyo aint an FL9, that I can be certain of.

I'm not certain it's an MXR but that is the chatter around the water cooler. It's believable. I've never owned one though so I can't be sure. That's just the chat. I probably should pull mine apart and compare it to a schematic of an M117. I hate tracing pcb's though. Maybe one day when I've got nothing better to do.
Roland GP-8
Quadraverb
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A

Cathbard Amplification

Last edited by Cathbard : 05-01-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Cathbard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ ah ok, fair enough

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_Ninja
Hah! I'll have to give it shot when some money appears! A 30 OCD seems too good to be true til I've tried one out! =P

yeah

24 or so on thomann

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhineX
I think it's sound kinda bad through my JMP 2204..
But it's great for an early Black Sabbath-ish sort of overdrive.

yeah its darkness definitely helps with it through cleaner amps, i think, but it's a but much through brit amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittythulhu
definitely not a clone of the dm2, but it sounds good in comparison!

ah ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Page
I don't really need them, but I think I'll order the Vintage Overdrive and the Ultimate Drive in the next month or so. 60 won't ruin me if I don't like them. It's barely more than the price of a DS-1.

if you're ordering a couple you might as well get them on thomann, as you get the 3 year warranty (and if anything goes wrong with them they probably won't even ask you to return them).

er....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Last edited by Dave_Mc : 05-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #28
Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.

Quote:
24 or so on thomann.

Isn't it like 10 shipping from Thomann though? =/

Without Deviation from the norm, 'progress' is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Check out my youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/roryrockssocks
Punk_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #29
Fisheth24
Lord Of The Dark Things.

Just wondering what the next sort of effect to get would be,

already got an OD and chorus (that may or may not work) where should I go from there?

I'm a cheapskate so it'll have to be Joyo.
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez RG7321
Gibson Faded V
Schecter Blaxjack ATX V-1
Vintage Musicman Bass copy
Fisheth24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #30
bobafettacheese

Fish, get a delay and a flanger, spice the ambient sounds up a little more. If i had money right now I would go for the flanger and possibly the ultimate drive, I am a sucker for some overdrive.
Boss Sd-1,Swollen Pickle, Hardwire RV7, Bonamassa Wah, Joyo Delay, MXR Phase 90, Danelectro F&C
bobafettacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #31
Krauser
Ibanez Recommender

Seems like a relevant place to post this (because I assume it's better than starting ANOTHER Joyo thread).

I need to power some pedals (currently 2, a decimator and a TS9, with room to expand in the future) and I noticed the Joyo JP-01 power supply. I assume it's better than running batteries and/or running multiple separate DC power supply/bricks and it's also quite a bit cheaper than some of the bigger supplies I've seen which are bigger in comparison. Is it worth the buy? I assume it's fine for ~$50 but does anyone know of any glaring issues with it?

EDIT: This is the item in question just to clarify. I assume it should work fine with the TS9 and Decimator since they're both 9V DC correct?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOYO-PEDAL-...6#ht_1094wt_956
Peavey 5150 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube

Last edited by Krauser : 05-02-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Krauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #32
The Last Dandy
Only going nowhere

Any thread that allows me to reiterate how glad I am that I picked up the UD is a thread I'm more than okay with. Absolutely love Joyo stuff, can't be beaten for the price.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #33
Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauser
I need to power some pedals (currently 2, a decimator and a TS9, with room to expand in the future) and I noticed the Joyo JP-01 power supply. I assume it's better than running batteries and/or running multiple separate DC power supply/bricks and it's also quite a bit cheaper than some of the bigger supplies I've seen which are bigger in comparison. Is it worth the buy? I assume it's fine for ~$50 but does anyone know of any glaring issues with it?

It might be worth a shot. If it's no good you can return it, if you can't return it you aren't exactly broke from a Joyo product! =P

But personally I wouldn't want to cheap out on a power supply, unless of course I'd heard it has no problems/noise and works well.

If I were to look at a cheap power supply, I'd personally probably go with a OneSpot. But who knows? Maybe Joyo copy real good power supplies as well as pedals?

If you do go for it, be sure to let us know how good it is! =)

EDIT: Taking a quick look at some opinions on that power supply, people say it's pretty good, so I guess it might be worth a purchase! =)

Last edited by Punk_Ninja : 05-02-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #34
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauser
Seems like a relevant place to post this (because I assume it's better than starting ANOTHER Joyo thread).

EDIT: This is the item in question just to clarify. I assume it should work fine with the TS9 and Decimator since they're both 9V DC correct?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOYO-PEDAL-...6#ht_1094wt_956

it's cheaper because it doesn't have isolated outputs. it's basically a one spot in a more convenient form.

i recommend a t-rex fuel tank junior. best value power supply ever. solid and quiet.

UG's Best Small Pedalboard 2013
NakedInTheRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #35
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ thomann does a cheapo copy of the fuel tank junior. to be fair, my first one was faulty, but after that they've worked.

Quote:
Isn't it like 10 shipping from Thomann though? =/

true (more like 8 at current exchange rate, though it depends how badly your CC rips you off on the exchange rate) but if you buy two it cancels out the shipping and you get the 3 year warranty and "probably don't have to even return it if something goes wrong" return policy.

er....

Quote:
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #36
zero
UG Veteran

For what its worth I picked up a Joyo Classic Chorus the other day for all of about $40 - No idea what it is a clone of but I'm really impressed.

Straight up solid unit that gives all the shimmery watery goodness you could ever ask for. Only has rate and width control which does restrict tweaking but for >$50 you really cant complain. Only other criticism, the location of the 9v jack is ridiculous, pretty much right in the way of where your patch cable would sit - but again its something to overlook for the price.

Just debating the vintage phase at the moment or whether I shell out the extra cash for a MXR - honestly its a hard sell.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #37
Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.

Quote:
true (more like 8 at current exchange rate, though it depends how badly your CC rips you off on the exchange rate) but if you buy two it cancels out the shipping and you get the 3 year warranty and "probably don't have to even return it if something goes wrong" return policy.

Ah right, I guess that is pretty good then! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
For what its worth I picked up a Joyo Classic Chorus the other day for all of about $40 - No idea what it is a clone of but I'm really impressed.

Just debating the vintage phase at the moment or whether I shell out the extra cash for a MXR - honestly its a hard sell.

I think the Joyo Classic Chorus is meant to be a copy of a Boss CE-2.
I use a ToneRider CE-2 clone which is great, if the Joyo is anything as good I can imagine it's a great pedal.

I'm also contemplating the "MXR or Joyo" thing for a Phaser. Cos on eBay MXR phase 90s can go for peanuts. But I have heard that the Joyo is a clone of a Script Phase 90 as opposed to the block phase 90, and I much prefer the tone of Script 90s. So I'm not sure whether to wait for a good deal on a script or a Joyo.
...that or I could get both...one to be usable and one to dime for crazy sounds. =P

Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #38
jukejointjohnny

Quote:
^ thomann does a cheapo copy of the fuel tank junior. to be fair, my first one was faulty, but after that they've worked.

This is probably the computer-builder in me, but I'd NEVER cheap out on a power supply. You only need it to develop a fault or short out and you've got the potential of incorrect voltages going to your electronics, which in my general experience tends to fry them.
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!

Last edited by jukejointjohnny : 05-02-2012 at 08:59 AM.
jukejointjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #39
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ i have no idea

Quote:
Ah right, I guess that is pretty good then! =)

I think the Joyo Classic Chorus is meant to be a copy of a Boss CE-2.
I use a ToneRider CE-2 clone which is great, if the Joyo is anything as good I can imagine it's a great pedal.

I'm also contemplating the "MXR or Joyo" thing for a Phaser. Cos on eBay MXR phase 90s can go for peanuts. But I have heard that the Joyo is a clone of a Script Phase 90 as opposed to the block phase 90, and I much prefer the tone of Script 90s. So I'm not sure whether to wait for a good deal on a script or a Joyo.
...that or I could get both...one to be usable and one to dime for crazy sounds. =P

the tonerider's better than the joyo chorus (unless the one i have is dodgy, i've only tried mine). But the joyo phaser is very nice. never tried the mxr so i don't know which one it's a clone of.

er....

Quote:
Old 05-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #40
Punk_Ninja
Orianthi fanboy.

Quote:
the tonerider's better than the joyo chorus (unless the one i have is dodgy, i've only tried mine). But the joyo phaser is very nice. never tried the mxr so i don't know which one it's a clone of.

Ah, well, the Tonerider is a great pedal. It'd be surprising for another company to beat it for a similar price. =)

There seems to be mixed opinions on what the Phaser is a clone of, I've read more accounts of it being "script"-like, but there are a few who have suggested it's a Block clone. But it's cool to know that the phaser is good! =)

Rate This Thread: