Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #41
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta V
wait so from what I get this is a VSTi amp modeler where you can actually make your own amp and sound?!

can we get a video of it or something?!

Pretty much. Its done differently though where you don't need to know anything about software development, or electronics. You use your ear and basically play with different settings. We call them Virtual Amps, not models, there's a whole story of why we do that, and I could write a book just describing it. Some components come straight out of the modeling world, and some are completely new ideas from us. For example, the presence knob works like a presence knob does in a model, but once again we have stripped out the electronic aspect of it and boiled it down to one setting, delay. The tonestack, for example is original, its not done in the same way that modelers do.
Frankly we found doing it that way was too limiting and would create a steeper learning curve. However, the placement of it is done like its done in a modeler.

One of the primary focal points was to make it easy to use in order to serve the community of guitarists and bass players, not engineers or amp designers. Very few guitarists could build a tube amp from scratch, but every one of us can slide a control and see if we like the sound. Thats what its all about in the end, do you like the sound? If not then change something in the head until you do, but throughout that journey of playing around with the controls, you'll hear all types of different sounds. You just have to play around a bit and you'll get to know what does what.

What I think is cool is, as soon as you find a sound you like, you can go get a free skin at ampskindesigns.com, put it on your head case head and package it. It will be packaged inside a JPEG image just like this one. (The image actually contains a head in it)

All the code graphics, and basically everything that makes the head operate is contained in the image. Head case reads that image, creates an uninstall, and installs the head.

Anyways, give it a whirl..

It may or may not be for you, either way we certainly appreciate you trying it..

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly : 05-18-2012 at 08:18 AM.
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #42
S1770

Custom Amps Built by MMJ ( MasterMindJacquard)

We Soundchecked the Cinderella at the Engine Room last Nite

Download Soundcheck Recorded During testing

http://www.mediafire.com/?043p1371026nj8w

S1770

DISCLAIMER:
Randall, Marshall, Fender,Peavey,Peavey Revalver,Jack Daniels,Redwirez and any other trademark names or logos appearing at this site belong to their respective owners.These trademark holders do not endorse and are not affiliated with
AmpSkindesigns.com
AcmeBarGig
Virtualampstash.com
GuitarAmpModeling.com
or any other Individuals or Developers that may appear at this site

Last edited by S1770 : 05-29-2012 at 09:23 PM.
S1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #43
JohnnyMcFly

Nice..
Old 05-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #44
strangedogs
An Old Dude with an AX...

There's a new REPOSITORY for all the great Heads being built for Headcase 1.53 - Awesome too:

http://www.virtualampstash.com/
Old 05-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #45
S1770

Thanks Strangedogs for posting the site

Update: site is categorized

we will add more as we recieve more Amps

If you have an Amp you would like to share send them in Guys

http://www.virtualampstash.com/

Old 05-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #46
jof1029
GO HOKIES!

so what happens when the 30 days is up? right now im kinda waiting for the full release before i download anything, but i do want to try this out. so when the trial is done, would i have to re-download amps and stuff when the full version comes out?

I have donated 3920 grains of rice!
jof1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #47
MatrixClaw
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmj

Fryette Pitbull 1.0 JUST FINISHED!

Oh man. This is the amp sim I've been waiting for for years. As far as I know, the Axe FX is the only one that does it?

Gonna try this one out today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #48
S1770

Quote:
Originally Posted by jof1029
so what happens when the 30 days is up? right now im kinda waiting for the full release before i download anything, but i do want to try this out. so when the trial is done, would i have to re-download amps and stuff when the full version comes out?

The trial Never Runs out mate its like Reaper it continues to work but with a countdown you have to wait for

the only limit on the Lite Version is you can only install 5 heads Max
If you need to Try more you need to uninstall one of the 5 amps
Then install the one you wish to test

Hope this Helps

We have a new Amp Coming out Now
if you like the Fryette then try this one

Detonator S2 "Dominator"

Last edited by S1770 : 05-29-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #49
S1770

Out now Just Released !!!

Detonator S2 "Dominator"

Old 05-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #50
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

Welp, did a little VST to RTAS, works great in PT9: http://i.imgur.com/CVj1g.png

I must say, great job. Though, a Vox AC30 model would be nice
Old 05-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #51
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jof1029

Absolutely nothing happens, it just keeps running...I like the idea of trusting our customers.. So for now, since there is nothing for sale for head case, don't be concerned with the license. Just enjoy.. . I equally like the idea of our customers having more than enough time to decide if head case is for them.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #52
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwolf
Welp, did a little VST to RTAS, works great in PT9: http://i.imgur.com/CVj1g.png

I must say, great job. Though, a Vox AC30 model would be nice

OH Man!!!
Can you do a video for us showing how you set it up? That would be a great help!!
We get so many people asking for RTAS versions but we just can't do it right now...It would be fantastic if I could point them to a video showing them how to make that work

And thanks for the kind words man.. It has taken us about a year and a half..

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly : 05-29-2012 at 07:22 PM.
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #53
jof1029
GO HOKIES!

awesome, thanks guys. i just saw that it says 30 day trial on the download page, and i was curious.

I have donated 3920 grains of rice!
jof1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #54
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcFly
OH Man!!!
Can you do a video for us showing how you set it up? That would be a great help!!
We get so many people asking for RTAS versions but we just can't do it right now...It would be fantastic if I could point them to a video showing them how to make that work

And thanks for the kind words man.. It has taken us about a year and a half..

Its actually not very hard to do, its just you've gotta spend $100 on this: http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=15

I'm gonna take a look and see what actual files are needed for it to launch in PT and I may be able to work something out for a free workaround.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #55
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

I may have a work around but its only if you're running 64 bit Windows. Judging from the looks of VST to RTAS, it basically tricks Pro Tools into thinking the .DLL for the VST is a RTAS plugin.

If anyone has Pro Tools installed on 64 bit Windows, drop these in your PT Plugins Folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/443xfp67a...adcase%20PT.rar

Basically, its looking for the .dll's for the plugin which on my system are at C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns\AcmeBarGig\HeadCase\Headcase X.dll (X is just the shortened name). In theory, if you've got it installed there, it should work. If you've installed it somewhere else, its going to fail to launch the plugin.

Like I said, this is only a test at the moment since I've only got PT installed on my PC and can't test it on anything else. If this works, I may be able to work out another version of it.

Last edited by lockwolf : 05-29-2012 at 08:21 PM.
lockwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:06 AM   #56
strangedogs

give CUPERNICUS VM a try - it's amazing!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #57
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcFly
One of the primary focal points was to make it easy to use in order to serve the community of guitarists and bass players, not engineers or amp designers. Very few guitarists could build a tube amp from scratch, but every one of us can slide a control and see if we like the sound. Thats what its all about in the end, do you like the sound? If not then change something in the head until you do, but throughout that journey of playing around with the controls, you'll hear all types of different sounds. You just have to play around a bit and you'll get to know what does what.

You say that, but it still really needs a manual of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #58
strangedogs

You don't need a Manual - just EXPERIMENT - that's the fun part!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #59
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You say that, but it still really needs a manual of some sort.

haha
Yeah I know... I agree too...
I am going to get to work more on it this week, last count it was going to be at least 600 pages, That was only the builder which is only one of the 6 plugins to document. So its quite a daunting task. Its also the type of task that you cannot stoip once you start so the time has to be right...

Oh nevermind, I'm full of bad excuses for not writing the manual and none of them work, because I still have to write it in the end..

I'll make some more videos this week, then I'll start documenting..
Old 05-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #60
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwolf
I may have a work around but its only if you're running 64 bit Windows. Judging from the looks of VST to RTAS, it basically tricks Pro Tools into thinking the .DLL for the VST is a RTAS plugin.

If anyone has Pro Tools installed on 64 bit Windows, drop these in your PT Plugins Folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/443xfp67a...adcase%20PT.rar

Basically, its looking for the .dll's for the plugin which on my system are at C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns\AcmeBarGig\HeadCase\Headcase X.dll (X is just the shortened name). In theory, if you've got it installed there, it should work. If you've installed it somewhere else, its going to fail to launch the plugin.

Like I said, this is only a test at the moment since I've only got PT installed on my PC and can't test it on anything else. If this works, I may be able to work out another version of it.

Man thats awesome.. this all sounds fantastic.. I look forward to seeing how your experiments work..

Rate This Thread: