User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #81
strangedogs
An Old Dude with an AX...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
Seeing as new threads are popping up again, would you (strangedogs/Johnny McFly etc.) please come up with an official title for this thread so it can become the 'official AcmeBarGig & Headcase' thread or something you prefer?

We're not the same person you know...
Old 06-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #82
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Obviously, or we'd ban the accounts for being multi's 'You' can be used in plural form!

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #83
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangedogs
We're not the same person you know...

Nope, I'm way more handsome and a lot less grumpy than Strangedogs.. hahah
Old 06-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #84
S1770

Hi Guys n Girls,

We now have our Very Own Browser for The Stash & Remember all OUR amps are Free & created by users of headcase for users of headcase.

Inside the Zip you will find small file named Vas.Browser.V.2.0.hta

Download
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81719608/Va...owser.V.2.0.zip

please copy the file to your installed headcase/UserScripts folder, once installed in the UserScripts folder double click on the file to launch
the browser checks to find out what amps you have installed so you are not installing multiple copys of the same amp

Categorys can be chosen from the drop down menu on the left or you can chose to goto the stash or ampskindesigns from the buttons

when you find an amp you would like to try select the install button

Screen Shots

Cheers
s1770

Last edited by S1770 : 06-10-2012 at 01:15 AM.
S1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #85
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

Mad Props for that. Honestly, you guys have one of the best amp sims on the market right now and the addition of the browser just makes it worth so much. If I had the money, I'd buy you guys out :p
Old 06-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #86
S1770

Yes AcmeBarGig does have the Best Sim on the Market its not...( over sold )... or over marketed Like Some other sims and will be affordable for everyone

also the amps created are Free to download and use

Keep enjoying the Amps Brother

S1770

Last edited by S1770 : 06-10-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #87
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwolf
Mad Props for that. Honestly, you guys have one of the best amp sims on the market right now and the addition of the browser just makes it worth so much. If I had the money, I'd buy you guys out :p

Thanks Lockwolf.. thats an awesome compliment...

We will be making one more addition to head case before we finally release, its a last minute type of thing, but Amit, The writer of that fantastic browser totally convinced me we need it..

We will be adding a button to launch and install third party developments from inside head case. Think of them as plugin apps for it that do specific things. Like the browser. There are more apps on the way as well, Like apps that allow you to take a set of curves and automatically generate every iteration possible in the poweramp, gain stage, etc..

Whatever any one with vbscript or Java script coding can think of, will be able to create an app and communicate with head case. There is also a scripting preprocessor command language built into head case to make it really simple to code plugin apps..

We called the commands BUC Commands and every parameter in the head case is available as a command. In fact, in some cases you don't even need to use any other commands other than BUC to get things accomplished.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:12 AM   #88
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcFly
Thanks Lockwolf.. thats an awesome compliment...

We will be making one more addition to head case before we finally release, its a last minute type of thing, but Amit, The writer of that fantastic browser totally convinced me we need it..

We will be adding a button to launch and install third party developments from inside head case. Think of them as plugin apps for it that do specific things. Like the browser. There are more apps on the way as well, Like apps that allow you to take a set of curves and automatically generate every iteration possible in the poweramp, gain stage, etc..

Whatever any one with vbscript or Java script coding can think of, will be able to create an app and communicate with head case. There is also a scripting preprocessor command language built into head case to make it really simple to code plugin apps..

We called the commands BUC Commands and every parameter in the head case is available as a command. In fact, in some cases you don't even need to use any other commands other than BUC to get things accomplished.

Have I ever mentioned you guys are legends?

You guys are legends.

What's the plan for the free/paid versions on release then (restrictions, included content etc)?
Are you guys going to do some PR or are you going by word-of-mouth? I think Reddit would be very appreciative of your efforts, and that can be a force to be reckoned with.

Seriously, this whole 'download this JPG to install the amp' is nothing short of a masterstroke. I've been testing your software since the early Shred Suite but this is a huge step in making guitar software intuitive and fun.

You should have a 'made with Headcase' section on your site to showcase some professionally-produced songs that use your amps, I'd be happy to contribute.

Head honcho at Stubborn Sound!
https://soundcloud.com/stubbornsound

Last edited by kyle62 : 06-10-2012 at 03:18 AM.
kyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #89
S1770

@ kyle62

Thanks for your comments brother if you would like to submit any songs you have created using Headcase Please feel free to send them in to us.

as far as the software goes there is more to come

Cheers
S1770

Last edited by S1770 : 06-10-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #90
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

Once you guys get me an AC30 model, I will pretty much be only using Headcase for my amp sims *hint hint nudge nudge*
Old 06-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #91
z4twenny
UG's resident Psychopath

Location: there ain't no doubt in my mind, i'm gonna stomp all over your test of time.
any way i can use this on a pc without the 'net and still download all the heads?

edit: upon reading instructions it appears i can, kudos!

ok i feel like a bit of a tard. i can't figure out how to load the different heads. i got the jpg's i used the installer to install them but when i open headcase as a vst i'm not finding anything to load the heads. i saw the button file operations, clicked it and got nothing on the head builder (which i'm assuming is what i need to use to load the different heads up)
Cover of the NIN classic Head like a hole.

Last edited by z4twenny : 06-10-2012 at 08:15 PM.
z4twenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #92
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4twenny
any way i can use this on a pc without the 'net and still download all the heads?

edit: upon reading instructions it appears i can, kudos!

Yes we saw how many problems were created by another company that is doing a web based head download and figured we'd shy away from that. However, they are charging for everything so I suppose they needed to verify information and what not, so thats why they require a web connection. These are just JPEG images that need no verification to install.. As simple as displaying an image...

Something else to note thats kind of cool. Just the mere fact that you are seeing the head on your screen means it has already been downloaded as all components of the head exist inside the JPEG... Usually browsers store images in a temp location called a cache.The JPEG images that your browswer has stored in the cache can also be installed the same way as if you right clicked and went save as.

Quote:
ok i feel like a bit of a tard. i can't figure out how to load the different heads. i got the jpg's i used the installer to install them but when i open headcase as a vst i'm not finding anything to load the heads. i saw the button file operations, clicked it and got nothing on the head builder (which i'm assuming is what i need to use to load the different heads up)

Head Case LITE creates a the following path where it stores the heads..
(Your selected install folder)\AcmeBarGig\HeadCase\Heads\Builds\HeadCaseLite
Your selected install folder is the folder that you chose to install head case too.

Check in there to ensure there are heads, and also note there is a 5 head limit in the interface for head case lite..

If you have no heads in there, then check the write permission to that folder. It should already be set, but just check again to be sure..

Also, click the file operations again and see if its a refresh issue..
Let us know how you make out..
Old 06-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #93
z4twenny
UG's resident Psychopath

Location: there ain't no doubt in my mind, i'm gonna stomp all over your test of time.
I figured it out. The vst was loading on my main moniter which is a lcd tv, once i dragged it over to my 2nd moniter which is an actual pc moniter the resolution was high enough for me to see the continue button. I had thought i was stuck on the "this is a 30 day trial" forever

Anyway to uninstall heads other than manually deleting them? I downloaded a bunch of heads and would like to try them out but understand the limit on availability.
Cover of the NIN classic Head like a hole.

Last edited by z4twenny : 06-10-2012 at 11:26 PM.
z4twenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #94
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Once you guys get me an AC30 model, I will pretty much be only using Headcase for my amp sims *hint hint nudge nudge*

Well, ABG as a company does not do models per se, more than we do tones. The Honken is the type of tone you are describing. I want to get to building it, but I'm so freaking locked into other stuff right now I can't..
Old 06-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #95
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
I figured it out. The vst was loading on my main moniter which is a lcd tv, once i dragged it over to my 2nd moniter which is an actual pc moniter the resolution was high enough for me to see the continue button. I had thought i was stuck on the "this is a 30 day trial" forever

haha Nice..
I didn't see that coming, I was gearing up for an investigative nightmare...

edit: Sorry Man I missed your question about the uninstall..
Yes, upon installation head case auto generates a vbscript for uninstalling. If you go to the file operatiions in the builder, or select head in the suite, you'll see an uninstall head button. Just sselect the head you want to uninstall and click the uninstall button..

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly : 06-11-2012 at 03:34 AM.
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #96
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle62
Have I ever mentioned you guys are legends?
You guys are legends.
What's the plan for the free/paid versions on release then (restrictions, included content etc)?

Head Case LITE will be released almost identical to what you have now, except it will support third party plugins and a new unencrypted programming interface that enables the third party plugins. It will not come with heads, that will be up to the user to download from ampstash, forum postings, or the Head Case Asylum, which will be Head Case's official home. For the time being, the 5 head limit will remain in effect, frankly though, we're really not sure what we're going to do with that..We're still talking about it...

There will be no copy protection, as always. on either the LITE version or the COMPLETE version. Head Case LITE will not come with Software download priviledges at the Asylum. You would only be able to download heads, and head components from the Asylum. Updates will be done through email for the LITE version whereas, purchasing the complete version, opens you up to new betas of head case and other products posted at the ASYLUM...

Head Case lite comes with Head Case suite, and Head Case Builder only. There will also be unsupported stand alone Executable files as well.
The price for Head Case LITE will probably be around 45 dollars..

Head Case COMPLETE Comes with...
A stand alone head called The Loner.
(Thats an old screen shot BTW, it looks a little different now)
This head runs like any of the freeware heads you can download like our Series 60 for example, It has the two Overdrive stomps built in as well as the noise gate and the limiter. This is used if say for example you wanted to use KeFir as your cab plugin instead of the built in cabs from head case. It allows you to take a more modular approach to designing your effects chain.

Consolidated Cabs

This is the cab section in Head Case complete separated as a stand alone VST plugin. It comes with Mimi Cabs, Filter Cabs, and iFace. Stand alone VST plugs of Mimic, Filter Cabs, and iFace will also be made available at the Asylum after you have posted five head creations...However, there's a bonus to those versions above just their intended use as cab plugs. They have the ability to make new IR cab files of your settings!

Head Case Effects Rack

The head case effects rack from the suite is also included in head case complete. Stand alone versions of each of these effects will also be made available at the asylum as well. Although we have no time frame for when this is going to happen. Right nopw, the entire effects rack will be included.

The unlimited Head Case Suite and the Unlimited Hed Case Builder will also be included..

The price on this will be around 65 dollars...

Quote:
Are you guys going to do some PR or are you going by word-of-mouth? I think Reddit would be very appreciative of your efforts, and that can be a force to be reckoned with.

We have never tried to be an in your face heavy marketting type company. If we do pay for ads, they will only be at the forums where we ran the beta tests as a show of support to those communities, but, other than that, ABG has never paid for advertisements in the past, and its unlikely that we will be for head case either. We are not your average company in terms of trying to maximize sales, our users know that when they buy something from us, their payment goes to creating more freeware, and performing research into creating better and new approaches to things that we all share a common interest in. Like Guitar..

Further to that, I think the last thing the world needs is another Marketting company disguised as an audio plugin company, so we're quite conservative on the whole advertising question.

Quote:
Seriously, this whole 'download this JPG to install the amp' is nothing short of a masterstroke. I've been testing your software since the early Shred Suite but this is a huge step in making guitar software intuitive and fun.

You know, I can't tell you how much more interesting guitar playing has become for me since I started developing heads and sharing them. An elite few get to experience that, and even better get share their source code with one another to expand on each others ideas. We wanted to bring that experience to everyone, and thats the main goal of head case.

One person makes an amp, someone else says I really like it, but, I would like more lows in the poweramp, so they in turn edit the file and make it their own. Someone else gets the file and says, you know, A little more poweramp distortion would be nice in there. They edit it and so..In about six iterations you have a completely new sound that has gone through six guitarists all adding their own flare to a head.

So, the JPEG distribution mechanism, (called Freud the head shrinker) allows an easy way to facilitate the distribution and sharing of heads between users. This is only goijng to get better because In version 1.8 of head case, we will be rolling our scripted filters. So that now means you can use VBSCRIPT or JAVASCRIPT to create the filters used in your tonestack, stomps, anywhere there is a filter. It makes an decent platform for those who want to know more about filters, to get their feet wet.

Quote:
You should have a 'made with Headcase' section on your site to showcase some professionally-produced songs that use your amps, I'd be happy to contribute.

Its coming..

I also want to clarify something as well to make sure I'm clear. You won't need a membership at The Asylum to get access, almost all content there will be available to non members, the only content that will not be available to non members is the executable downloads. That will be reserved for Head Case complete purchasers.

We are really trying to get the head case complete version sold as opposed to the LITE version, however, for some they will really only want the suite and will probably never use the builder, so we needed an option for them as well. Hence why the price difference is only 20 dollars. Head Case lite is essentially an after thought created in order to serve these customers..

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly : 06-11-2012 at 12:36 AM.
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:38 AM   #97
S1770

New !!

DeiCide 1.0 - MMJ

Cheers
S1770

Last edited by S1770 : 06-11-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:24 AM   #98
S1770

Quote:

Keep your eyes on the thread Brother

cheers
S1770

Last edited by S1770 : 06-11-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #99
S1770

A New set of Amps are on the way

The Start of Leirbagpdl's Head Pack

British Classic Sch 8100 - Leirbagpdl

England - RBM - Leirbagpdl

England - Victor's Smoki LDS- Leirbagpdl

Last edited by S1770 : 06-14-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #100
JohnnyMcFly

Nice work on those!!!

I just wanted to leave some more info on the pending release and let you know what we're testing and how we've made out..

Initially we were not going to provide very much access to the BUC scripts commands, or the scripting in general, however seeing the amazing work Amit Talwar has done with a the third party apps interface, we just had to release with it enabled. Most of the framework for third party apps in head case was already written about 7 months ago, but as I say, we were saving that for after the commercial release. So, since it was already there, all it needed was a couple small additions, and some tweaking, we decided that we really need to release this intact.

I am going to give you a quick run down on it and how it works..I'll try and keep it short..
BUC is a script preprocessor that has 580 functions/commands that are specific to head case. Now when I say preprocessor, what I mean is that BUC first processes the script, and then it gets sent out to the script interpreter, in this case, its the Windows Scripting Host. For those of you who know Jscript, or VBScript, the learning curve will be relatively easy. You don't really need to learn many commands, as each BUC command is named after the parameters.

For example, lets say that you wanted to change the skin in a head through code..
The parameter that head case uses to determine the skin is DISTRIB-22-HeadSkin
If you were using VBScript, to return the current filename used for the head skin, you would use..
X = @DISTRIB-22-HeadSkin;
The @DISTRIB-22-HeadSkin; command returns the value to you in your script and stores it in the X variable.
To change the value in script, all you would do is this.
DISTRIB-22-HeadSkin;="MAHAKALI.JPG"

Every parameter in the head is supported through BUC, There are also some other specialty commands as well, like the sand box functions. These allow your script to make changes to the head and then allow the user to preview the changes. They can test the changes, and decide whether to keep them, or discard them. We can get into them at a later time. The important thing here is that this adds an incredible amount of flexibility. I don't know how many times people have said to us, "It would be great if there was a command to do this... " Well now, with a little bit of scripting knowledge, and the use of BUC, not only can you make your own heads, but you can also make your own specialized commands for head case.

I should also point out that BUC runs invisibly, you don't have to do anything special to access its 580 head case specific commands. You just need to add your script/HTA and when you run it from within head case, BUC jumps in and does its thing..

Anyways, here is the screen shots of HCB 1.54
This is the app manager, this application allows you to setup your head case apps. It does two things, it tells BUC to grab hold of the script/hta, and it also makes the commands/apps available from within the head case software.

This shows how the apps are selected in head case. The graphics may change, as this is only te Alpha for these functions.

This image shows the sand box preview dialog.

The running script must issue a @UseSandBox; command, and it can be anywhere in the script. That tells BUC to route any head changes to the sandbox. In other words it will not write the changes to the currently loaded head, but will write it to another file. To show the Sand Box Dialog in Head Case, you simply place a @ShowSandBoxDialog; command anywhere in the script. When the script completes Head case will display the above dialog allowing your users to decide if they like the changes..

So, thats where we're at, this will be released to the prepurchasers hopefully by tomorrow, Amit and I have some more testing and tweaking to do yet, but so far so good. I would expect an update to the current testing beta to be out by early next week.. Maybe over the weekend..

Thanks for reading

Rate This Thread: