Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #21
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
 
tubetime86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #22
gregs1020
Hi mom!
 
gregs1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
ippon I have no idea, but I'm certain it will be sweet when you are done with it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
I may just make you an honorary Aussie for that one greg.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #23
bubb_tubbs
UG's Grouch
 
bubb_tubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Your Goth period, Cath?

Which one would that be - the construction of the Notre Dame cathedral, or the sacking of Rome?
__________________
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
bubb_tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
Ippon
Amped
 
Ippon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Left Coast
Goth is old school EMO?
__________________
WTLT GG&A 2008 WTLT EG 2006 WTLT GB&C 2009

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG e-peen
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #25
jj1565
Officially Knighted
 
jj1565's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NewYork ............................... Hot Chick guitahh playah ~~teh sexay
__________________
Jenneh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.


Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jj1565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #26
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
yay first page
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #27
Ippon
Amped
 
Ippon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Left Coast
__________________
WTLT GG&A 2008 WTLT EG 2006 WTLT GB&C 2009

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG e-peen
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #28
LaidBack
Call me Mike
 
LaidBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
sweet jesus there's a new thread. I like the title. also,

__________________
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #29
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
 
Cathbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
Goth is the theatrical element without being a whiny little emo bitch. Call a real goth an emo and he'll probably break your nose for your troubles - at least he should.
__________________
Gilchrist custom guitar
Yamaha SBG500
Telecaster
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100


Cathbard Amplification

Last edited by Cathbard : 05-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Cathbard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y
 
311ZOSOVHJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Offline




Thank you Kyle
__________________
311ZOSOVHJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #31
Ippon
Amped
 
Ippon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Goth is the theatrical element without being a whiny little emo bitch. Call a real goth an emo and he'll probably break your nose for your troubles - at least he should.

Goth, Emo, etc.
__________________
WTLT GG&A 2008 WTLT EG 2006 WTLT GB&C 2009

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG e-peen
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
gregs1020
Hi mom!
 
gregs1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Whoa we got a badass over here.

Lock up your.... dog...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
I may just make you an honorary Aussie for that one greg.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #33
Prophet of Page
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Galway, Ireland.
Hey guys, quick question. I got my girlfriend a guitar for her birthday last year (MIM Fender Deluxe Player's Strat, really a very nice first guitar) and I'd like to get her an amp this year (aswell as other stuff, probably vouchers for an online clothes shop she likes). She mentioned she'd want to be able to get different sounds. Muse would probably be her favourite band, but she also like Vai/Satriani stuff (I had a hard time convincing her that Die to Live wasn't an appropriate first song to learn).

She won't be gigging, but I'd like it to be loud enough for her to be able to jam with others.

I'd like to keep the price under 200. I'm kind of out of the loop with beginner/low end gear. I've been thinking something like a Cube, Vypyr or Valvetronix. I don't really think low wattage tube amp is the way to go, but I could probably get her something like a Joyo Ultimate Drive or Vintage Overdrive. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch and it's give me an excuse to try them out.
__________________
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Prophet of Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #34
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y
 
311ZOSOVHJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Offline
This thread needs moar meat!








Some chicken breasts I did the other night.




It looks funky because it has Jamaican Jerk sauce on it
__________________

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH : 05-06-2012 at 04:28 PM.
311ZOSOVHJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #35
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
 
Cathbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
And I forgot to eat again today. Ended up just cooking up some fried rice.
__________________
Gilchrist custom guitar
Yamaha SBG500
Telecaster
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100


Cathbard Amplification
Cathbard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #36
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y
 
311ZOSOVHJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Offline
you should stop over Cath

I'll BBQ you somthin' old skool and crankeh teh splawn
__________________
311ZOSOVHJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #37
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
 
Cathbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
I would if you weren't on the other side of the world. The US probably wouldn't let me past customs due to "moral turpitude" anyway.
__________________
Gilchrist custom guitar
Yamaha SBG500
Telecaster
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100


Cathbard Amplification
Cathbard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #38
Prophet of Page
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Galway, Ireland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Page
Hey guys, quick question. I got my girlfriend a guitar for her birthday last year (MIM Fender Deluxe Player's Strat, really a very nice first guitar) and I'd like to get her an amp this year (aswell as other stuff, probably vouchers for an online clothes shop she likes). She mentioned she'd want to be able to get different sounds. Muse would probably be her favourite band, but she also like Vai/Satriani stuff (I had a hard time convincing her that Die to Live wasn't an appropriate first song to learn).

She won't be gigging, but I'd like it to be loud enough for her to be able to jam with others.

I'd like to keep the price under 200. I'm kind of out of the loop with beginner/low end gear. I've been thinking something like a Cube, Vypyr or Valvetronix. I don't really think low wattage tube amp is the way to go, but I could probably get her something like a Joyo Ultimate Drive or Vintage Overdrive. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch and it's give me an excuse to try them out.


Just so this thread doesn't degenerate into a discussion about barbeque and Cath's degeneracy.
__________________
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Prophet of Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #39
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y
 
311ZOSOVHJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Page
Just so this thread doesn't degenerate into a discussion about barbeque and Cath's degeneracy.

Did you see my homemade jerk pork from the other night?




..
__________________
311ZOSOVHJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #40
Prophet of Page
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Galway, Ireland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
Did you see my homemade jerk pork from the other night?




..



...maybe I'll make a thread...
__________________
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Prophet of Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.