Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #18521
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

I grew up very liberal, became much more conservative a few years ago, and am now completely sickened with the republican party to the point that they're pushing me back towards liberal.

Even if they have all the right answers for our economy no one will ever give them a chance if they don't get their social policies out of the 1950s .
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Last edited by tubetime86 : 11-14-2012 at 01:10 PM.
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #18522
mmolteratx
UG God

I grew up in an uber-conservative family, around 12-13 started my progression towards liberalism but still registered as a Republican when I turned 18. Not long after that, I got to the point of disgust with the Republican party and switched over. They're simply wrong on almost god damn everything, which almost seems like they're trying to be the worst party possible.
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
mmolteratx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #18523
chip46
Do wasps make honey?

Two-party system is balls. That's what it comes down to.
chip46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #18524
tubetime86

Dude I've been afraid that I'm going crazy or something the past few elections because it really seems like the republicans are throwing elections... Sarah Palin was the biggest example, but there have been tons more. Romney was a terrible candidate. Am I going crazy? Is this part of the reptilian overlords' plan?

I don't care about right vs. wrong, I care about consistency... And preaching about civil liberties and limited federal government while trying to ban gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research and the like on the national level is just ludicrous... I mean seriously, how can anyone not see the irony in that?

The republican party has turned into a moralist's party. It's very clear they don't give a shit about civil liberties, they just want everyone to have all the liberties they agree with and none that they disagree with. It's disgusting.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Last edited by tubetime86 : 11-14-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #18525
chip46
Do wasps make honey?

Did anyone watch the Mike Huckabee interview on Jon Stewart? Was pretty funny how annoyed he was making Jon with his positions. My favorite was, "We're not anti-gay", and I forget how he worded his position, but something along the lines of: not anti-gay, but for reinforcing the biblical model of marriage. Jon was like "polygamy?"
Old 11-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #18526
tubetime86

Using the bible for morality is a joke. Whenever someone tells me being gay is a sin because Leviticus says so I ask them if they eat shellfish... They shut right the **** up.

http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Last edited by tubetime86 : 11-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #18527
mmolteratx
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip46
Did anyone watch the Mike Huckabee interview on Jon Stewart? Was pretty funny how annoyed he was making Jon with his positions. My favorite was, "We're not anti-gay", and I forget how he worded his position, but something along the lines of: not anti-gay, but for reinforcing the biblical model of marriage. Jon was like "polygamy?"

Ya, that interview was hilarious. Huckabee's a fanatic. Can't stand him. He seemed somewhat reasonable last election cycle but the whole party shifted very much to the right. Obama made everyone go cray cray.
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Old 11-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #18528
tubetime86

The good news is they really won't make it if they don't change their tune. All the women's rights issues in this election really made it clear that Americans in general are becoming more progressive and civil rights issues are going to be at the forefront. I know a lot of straight people, with no gay friends or family, that are in strong support of gay rights... Myself being one of them.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #18529
chip46
Do wasps make honey?

Most of the people I know (a lot of family included), are very conservative, unfortunately. I grew up thinking I was always the same way, until I was actually old enough to think about those things. Then I was like, wait a minute...why is it such a big deal? Let gay people be gay and stay out of their business, who cares.

The way I see it, if the people who put all their time and energy into making other people's lives miserable, put that same time and energy into helping others, the world we be a much better place. Instead of standing outside with your anti-gay signs, protesting, go volunteer at a homeless shelter or soup *******. Go give blood, or donate to a needy organization or charity.

Also, guys that are gay aren't taking up all the womenz, so that means more for me. How is that bad?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #18530
mmolteratx
UG God

The problem is that literally half of the Republican base is the religious right at this point. They could disenfranchise them with a split between them and the libertarian wing, but the libertarian wing doesn't have enough supporters to stay strong in the long run, at least at the moment. They're in an odd situation where they've alienated everyone but their base and it's going to be a long and tough process to get moderates back after spewing crazy with vitriolic fervor for the last decade and Obama's presidency in particular.

Look at the recent Pew poll in regards to who would be to blame should the country topple over a fiscal cliff next year. 53% are of the opinion that it would be the GOP controlled House's fault, while only 29% believe it's strictly Obama and 10% believe it's both. They've dug themselves into a hole. They actually believed their bull shit that Obama would be a one term president and kept pushing everything back in hopes of a Republican president and senate. They simply can't do it anymore. Bunch of ****ing nut bags in the first place for letting it get this out of hand but they're in for a rude awakening.
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #18531
tubetime86

I'm with you Matt. It's pretty funny to watch actually. You've got assholes like Todd Akin spouting nonsense, and if the party stands up and corrects him appropriately they'll piss off their base... But if they don't then no moderate would ever support them. They simply can't go on that way.

To be clear, I think most democrats are assholes too, but at least they don't try legislating morality. I can respect someone who is wrong for the right reasons, but I can never respect a bigot.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #18532
lbj273
UG God

Got some good news today, my gf is not pregnant
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}

lbj273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #18533
chip46
Do wasps make honey?

That's the best kind of news. Been there done that.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #18534
lbj273
UG God

Longest 3 days of my life
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}

lbj273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #18535
darkwolf291
Hookers and Blow

congrats on the non-child Dom

Pedalboard Thread Native: The Thrashaholic

Buy my Thrash Album for whatever price you want!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSimonR
It's modelling valve power amp output valves wearing out.

GG&A WTLT List
darkwolf291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #18536
tubetime86

You're lucky it was only three days, I've had some really long scares. Shit would piss me off so bad, they always tell you the second they're late... But then wait until it's convenient to give you the all clear...

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #18537
chip46
Do wasps make honey?

Yeah my ex freaked out for like 2 weeks once, which in turn freaked me out. Kept asking if I checked the condom, which I always did, so in my head I new we were in the clear, but her nervousness freaked me out still. Shit stressed me out so bad, I was almost on the verge of panic attacks.

But yeah, with the symptoms she was giving me, I knew she wasn't. It was just stress because I was having the same symptoms. Even made me go buy the pregnancy test
Old 11-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #18538
tubetime86

I almost never used birth control in high school... Or college... I'm a very lucky guy. (Or I may be sterile and just haven't found out yet. )

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #18539
chip46
Do wasps make honey?

Now that I'm single, my birth control is my face.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #18540
tubetime86

I received some sage advice from a manager at a restaurant when I was a bus boy that served me well: "When in doubt, pull it out."

I am of course talking about how to know whether or not the tablecloth needs changed.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: