Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #21
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

ill always love gretsch. what a brilliant guitar!

slightly OT: was that a fireman i sniped in the reflection on the deuse? if so, may i ask how much you got it for and how you like it?
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #22
pxoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVeye
Are you still excited about this beauty? This is exactly the one I've been wanting and about to drop the hammer. Can you tell me the particular model number?
Any complaints after the break in period has passed?

Do you mean the Model itself? Its a basic Duesenberg Starplayer TV in Black: http://duesenberg.de/en/guitars/hol...rplayer-tv.html

And yes i still think its one of the greatest Guitars ive played so far The action alone makes this thing super sweet, i tried to get the action on some of my other guitars to be as low but it just cant be done without buzz. The Starplayer however... and its a super solid axe too, you feel the quality when you pick it up.

If youve been eyeballing this one then id say go ahead, you wount be disappointed. And look forward to a super super tasty middle position!

ps: if there is one thing i had to criticize its the height of the frets, i bend a lot and i love to bend and wiggle them strings around and this is the only guitar i have were my skin touches the fretboard. Now ive never played another Starplayer or another Duesenberg so i dont know if i had a Monday model or if this is normal. Depending on how you play though id say you might actually never notice the fret height (not trying sever your fingers with the strings like i do).

If you got any more questions or want to see it from a different angle just say it!

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Fender 62 Am. Vint. Strat
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
pxoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #23
pxoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
slightly OT: was that a fireman i sniped in the reflection on the deuse? if so, may i ask how much you got it for and how you like it?

Well you certainly got a good eye for that, i had to look twice at all the pics trying to find it...

I bought it when it just came out last December, i actually got the first and only Model my local guitar store had at the time and payed around $1000 USD for it.

Its totally overpriced for a MIC guitar imo but none the less i was suprised at how much i liked it. What makes this guitar great are the pickups really, they sound like super fat strat pickups and at high gain they sound even better. The Fireman itself playes great and feels okay but you DO notice that it isnt the most... how should i put this "expensive" guitar. When you pick it up it feels like a big piece of plastic, at first your "nah" but then you play it and it just plays really good. It grows on you over time and the longer you have the more often youll pick it up (atleast in my case).

Would i buy it again? no. Why? because i would buy this instead:

i shoudnt... but it looks so tasty!

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Fender 62 Am. Vint. Strat
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
pxoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #24
passaro.davide

Hi, i'm going to buy a new guitar and i'm interested in a Starplayer TV. It sounds (and looks) very good, but i have a little concern. I've never played a hollowbody guitar before, i have a Fender Strat, and a Gibson SG standard. I know that some hollowbody guitars tend to have resonance problems with distortion, and, since i use distortion very often, i'd like to know something about that.
Does distortion give you have any problems?
passaro.davide is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: