Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
saltsdpepper

HELP!!! wiring a Jackson DKMG

I recently purchased a Jackson DKMG with all of the wires gutted out. I need a wiring diagram. I can find diagrams that inlude strat style and les paul style switches all day, but I cant find a diagram that has a 3-way blade style switch (terminals are NOT offset like strat switches)

the guitar comes with 2 EMG hz's, 1 volume, 1 tone and 1 EMG afterburner. And of course the 3-way blade switch (blade stye without offset terminals)

and sorry for the double-post. I realized that this would probably be the better catagory for my issue

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
takachan

takachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
saltsdpepper

thanks for trying takachan but that isn't my setup. If you look at the last picture in this link http://guitarprojects.weebly.com/emg-afterburner.html that is my setup except i have a different selector switch, mine is the kind with 8 poles all in a straight line (the ones that come in most ibanez guitars) and I have EMG hz's which have 5 wires coming from them

Last edited by saltsdpepper : 05-22-2012 at 08:58 PM.
saltsdpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine

You just made this thread in the Electric guitar section.

Did you even try emailing EMG? They might, y'know, have a diagram for their own parts.
LTD AW-7 (Dimarzio D-Activator 7s, Hipshot Bridge)
oneblackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
saltsdpepper

yeah i realized i posted in the wrong thread...and all of emg's diagrams either don't include the switch i'm using or they're for solder less setups.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
1337sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltsdpepper
I recently purchased a Jackson DKMG with all of the wires gutted out. I need a wiring diagram. I can find diagrams that inlude strat style and les paul style switches all day, but I cant find a diagram that has a 3-way blade style switch (terminals are NOT offset like strat switches)

the guitar comes with 2 EMG hz's, 1 volume, 1 tone and 1 EMG afterburner. And of course the 3-way blade switch (blade stye without offset terminals)

and sorry for the double-post. I realized that this would probably be the better catagory for my issue

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the wiring diagram that I copied from my own Jackson DKMG with Afterburner & EMG-HZ's. https://www.circuitlab.com/user/ShockFart/
1337sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
1337sauce

JACKSON DKMG W/ EMG AFTERBURNER & EMG-HZ's https://www.circuitlab.com/user/ShockFart/
1337sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #8
lalaman33333

Dude, its not hard, ALL selector switches have a ground, and it should be obvious which contact the ground is, it is usually by itslef/opposite side from the hot wire contact for the pups. then you just try each of the other contacts with the hot wire from the bridge with the selector in the bridge position, once you hear sound through the pup you know which contact is for the bridge pup, and that should logically tell you which is for the bridge pup, but some peolpe are enemies of logic, if you are, then just repeat the same thing you did for the bridge pup, but then a gain if your mind isn't logically sound you will probably ask me to re phrase this post xD

basically if you would have just taken the 5 mins to use the process of elimination you would realize just how hard it is to NOT insult someone that asks this question....not that i want to insult you, its just that the question you askes had SUCH a simple answer it made me literally Facepalm

Last edited by lalaman33333 : 08-01-2012 at 05:13 AM.
lalaman33333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 AM   #9
saltsdpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaman33333
Dude, its not hard, ALL selector switches have a ground, and it should be obvious which contact the ground is, it is usually by itslef/opposite side from the hot wire contact for the pups. then you just try each of the other contacts with the hot wire from the bridge with the selector in the bridge position, once you hear sound through the pup you know which contact is for the bridge pup, and that should logically tell you which is for the bridge pup, but some peolpe are enemies of logic, if you are, then just repeat the same thing you did for the bridge pup, but then a gain if your mind isn't logically sound you will probably ask me to re phrase this post xD

basically if you would have just taken the 5 mins to use the process of elimination you would realize just how hard it is to NOT insult someone that asks this question....not that i want to insult you, its just that the question you askes had SUCH a simple answer it made me literally Facepalm

damn bro cut a noob some slack lol, at least I'm trying to learn this stuff sorry I threw your day off with unnecessary face-palming, and yes I realized how damn easy it is once I started to experiment a little.
saltsdpepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: