Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Classic Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
futurejp
aerosmith junkie

Aerosmith

There used to be one or two Aerosmith threads in the CR forum, but I'm not seeing them now.

If anyone here has any interest but hasn't yet heard, Aerosmith's new album Music From Another Dimension should drop in the US on August 28, 2012, with this tracklisting:

1. What Could Have Been Love
2. Beautiful
3. Street Jesus
4. Legendary Child
5. Oh Yeah
6. We All Fall Down
7. Another Last Goodbye
8. Out Go the Lights
9. Love Three Times a Day (Hello Goodbye)
10. Closer
11. Shakey Ground
12. Lover a Lot
13. Freedom Fighter
14. Up on the Mountain

The first single, Legendary Child, is here (obviously not the best quality at youtube, but decent enough). From what we know, this song was chosen as the lead single because it was to be tied into the G.I. Joe 2 movie. That movie has now been pushed back to a 2013 release date. Had they known earlier, it's possible a different song would've been chosen as the lead single. Who knows.

The song has mixed reviews, but what song wouldn't at this point? Nothing will please 40 years' worth of fans. I happen to like it a lot. Consider that the last lead original single from an original Aerosmith album was Jaded, and compare that to Legendary Child. I'm pleased.
futurejp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
angussg1975

I think the new is great, really excited to hear what else they came up with
angussg1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Roxxie Roxx

Yeah the new song is excellent. Hope the rest of the album is just as good or better.
Roxxie Roxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurejp
There used to be one or two Aerosmith threads in the CR forum, but I'm not seeing them now.
Using the "Search Titles Only" function on the search page brings up a couple, but it's been nearly a year since the last post in the big one so I can keep this one open if you want.

Quote:
If anyone here has any interest but hasn't yet heard, Aerosmith's new album Music From Another Dimension should drop in the US on August 28, 2012
Amazing. After saying they would release a new album for years now I never thought they would actually get around to releasing one.

Quote:
The song has mixed reviews, but what song wouldn't at this point? Nothing will please 40 years' worth of fans. I happen to like it a lot. Consider that the last lead original single from an original Aerosmith album was Jaded, and compare that to Legendary Child. I'm pleased.
Not bad. Nothing groundbreaking, but I like it. Also, I freaking love the album cover.
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
BrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
futurejp
aerosmith junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDamage
Using the "Search Titles Only" function on the search page brings up a couple, but it's been nearly a year since the last post in the big one so I can keep this one open if you want.

Weird. Using that search, I see what you mean. It even shows a thread called 'Aerosmith' by bluefootdboobie in the Classic Rock forum. Yet when I go to the CR forum, it only shows me 2 pages of threads, and it's clearly not there. Dunno..? I'd hate to fluff up the forums though.

Quote:
Not bad. Nothing groundbreaking, but I like it. Also, I freaking love the album cover.

Yeah. I can dig the album cover, but I also kind of wish it was more band-centric. Just showing the guys, as the earlier albums did, as if to say 'look, this one's real, it's about us'. And I like the title, though I wouldn't mind it being called (as someone on another forum said) something like 'Storm The Village', or something in that vein. Something like 'we're coming, hold on to your asses!'.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #6
Firehawk2410

Hey guys! I'm new here and I thought I'd bring this Aerosmith thread back up.
So last Tuesday I actually got to see Aerosmith in Cleveland. It was a freaking amazing show! They're my favorite band by a long shot, so I'm biased, but I was blown away. They did Legendary Child as well as another one off the new album called "Oh Yeah" which sounded pretty cool, a lot like 70's Aerosmith. If you have some extra cash, definitely go see them. You get your money's worth. It's hard to believe Aerosmith have been performing for 40 years now, and they still have the same energy they had when they were young(er).
Firehawk2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Foxfan0318

Great new song! I love the album art as well. What bothered me was the amount of people on the Youtube link who posted about Aerosmith "selling out" or "losing their touch".
Foxfan0318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
futurejp
aerosmith junkie

People have been doing that for years and years and years and years. If you like a song, that's awesome. If you don't, there are plenty of others out there
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Firehawk2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfan0318
Great new song! I love the album art as well. What bothered me was the amount of people on the Youtube link who posted about Aerosmith "selling out" or "losing their touch".

Honestly, I think they sound better with age. Who are they selling out to? They've been doing this for 40 years, it's what they do best and all they've ever done. Maybe they're still successful because they're just that good.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:25 AM   #10
hhhhdmt

i hope they go for a more raw sound in this album than their previous efforts. so far i like what i am hearing.
hhhhdmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Firehawk2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhhhdmt
i hope they go for a more raw sound in this album than their previous efforts. so far i like what i am hearing.

That is exactly what they said it would be like, but what we get remains to be seen. First Joe Perry said it would sound a lot like "the old stuff" but recently Steven Tyler said it has a good "modern sound." Make of that what you will.
In all honesty, I prefer the 70's stuff the best, namely Toys In the Attic and Rocks, but Permanent Vacation and Pump were good too. They just lost that raw sound in the late 90's.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
futurejp
aerosmith junkie

They've said both. Something like "we're playing the old stuff new, and the new stuff old." Modern rock recorded old style. They're playing 2 songs from the record live, people seem to be digging them. Here's their most recent setlist:

1 Draw The Line
2 Love In An Elevator
3 Oh Yeah
4 Livin' On The Edge
5 Cryin'
6 S.O.S. (Too Bad)
7 Last Child
Drum Solo
8 Back In The Saddle
9 Boogie Man
10 Combination
11 What It Takes
12 No More No More
13 Legendary Child
14 I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
15 Big Ten Inch Record
16 Sweet Emotion
17 Walk This Way
---Encore---
You See Me Crying (partial)
18 Dream On
19 Train Kept A Rollin'
Old 06-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
yaser1984

I love this group. Thanks for sharing
Old 06-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Seeing this thread reminds me of how much I used to love this band years ago. I still occasionally enjoy their earlier work.

I heard the new song today, and it didn't really leave an impact. With this song you can finally hear Steven Tyler ageing, which made me kind of sad. And I wish they would stop referencing Walk This Way in their newer songs. It makes it sound a lot less genuine.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk2410
That is exactly what they said it would be like, but what we get remains to be seen. First Joe Perry said it would sound a lot like "the old stuff"
So they're still using the old "the upcoming album's gonna sound like Rocks" routine? Classic.

That recent setlist is decent, but it still looks like more of the same from recent years.
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
BrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #16
Firehawk2410

Quote:
So they're still using the old "the upcoming album's gonna sound like Rocks" routine? Classic.

That recent setlist is decent, but it still looks like more of the same from recent years.

I didn't expect anything too different when I saw them, but here's the setlist:

June 21, 2012 at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH

Draw the line
Love in an Elevator
Oh Yeah
Walkin' the Dog
Livin' on the Edge
Cryin'
Rag Doll
Last Child
S.O.S. (Too Bad)
Combination
What it Takes
Legendary Child
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
Mama Kin
Sweet Emotion
Walk this Way

(Encore)
Dream on
Train Kept A Rollin'

I wasn't really expecting Walking the Dog and SOS, but I'm glad they did them. Oh Yeah is the new one which sounds pretty cool. Coincidentally, it reminded me a lot like the "old stuff."
Old 07-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #17
stevetamer
UG Newbie

Aerosmith is in my top ten band,
Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #18
futurejp
aerosmith junkie

At last night's show they didn't play Cryin' OR I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, which is essentially unheard of.

1 Draw The Line
2 Love In An Elevator
3 Oh Yeah
4 Livin' On The Edge
5 Jaded
6 S.O.S. (Too Bad)
7 Last Child
Drum Solo
8 Lord Of The Thighs
9 Boogie Man
10 Combination
11 What It Takes
12 No More No More
13 Legendary Child
14 Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
15 Chip Away The Stone
16 Sweet Emotion
Mother Popcorn (partial)
17 Walk This Way
---Encore---
18 Dream On
19 Train Kept A Rollin'
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
butalo

They are going to have a new album... WOW this is great This web site is also great. It is great online mall - http://deportedirecto.es/. Another great web page is this one about free MLM business. I found it few weeks ago. Another great business site is this one . Another web page for business is this online shop with Magento - http://www.shopshark.it/. I found all this useful links in the search engine Napred.BG - http://napred.bg. You can try it too.

Last edited by butalo : 05-02-2013 at 05:01 AM.
butalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
Eternalspring

is "amazing" hard to play? I'm intermediate/advanced with techniques.
Eternalspring is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: