Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
vimal_6strings

Medium difficulty metal solo's

Hey can anyone suggest me some medium difficulty METAL solo's to learn. I can play sweet child o mine ,cow boys from hell etc and been trying to play Lucretia symphony of destruction etc even though its bit hard for me.Please excuse me if this isn't the right forum .Don't give me Metallica solo's have to say they are very boring ,used to play lot of em.

Last edited by vimal_6strings : 05-26-2012 at 05:01 AM.
vimal_6strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
Eastisbeast
Kincardine's Finest

Seek and Destroy. If you get a good idea of how it sounds and just kind of make your up your own thing it pretty much always comes out sweet.
Eastisbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
Cocolate

nothing else matters - metallica
enter sandman - metallica

*MISC CREW*

e-mail me

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfaKind

Cocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
northdeathstyle

Well lucretia and symphony of destruction are fantastic choices my friend. For me Tornado of Souls is the best Megadeth solo and I too am into medium difficulty metal solos, been working on it for a few days and I mostly got it, I'd recommend that man.
northdeathstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #5
Ultraussie
I have a user title now!

Just dig around into your music library and if you like the song download the tab, get on guitar pro or tux guitar man it helps so much to slow stuff down and what not.

Metallica has really easy guitar solo's, mentioned before was enter sandman, check out Sad but True from the same album, double stop bluesy not-so-goodness.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:23 AM   #6
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

What do you consider as "metal?" Is Guns N' Roses "metal" for you? Guns N' Roses has some cool solos on Appetite album. Play any of them if you like them (and I assume you like because you mentioned "Sweet Child O' Mine"). My favorite songs to play are both GN'R: "Rocket Queen" and "Welcome to the Jungle." Both have not very hard solos.

How hard solos do you want? "Medium difficulty" doesn't really tell me anything. Because almost all guitarists consider themselves as "intermediate" guitarists. So "medium difficulty" could be almost anything.

Maybe some Iron Maiden (not very much into them but they have some good songs). Almost anything Metallica. Kill 'Em All solos are fast but pretty much just pentatonic shred. "Sanitarium" and "Fade to Black," maybe "One" could be something to look at. "Orion," "Ride the Lightning" etc.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #7
vimal_6strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by northdeathstyle
Well lucretia and symphony of destruction are fantastic choices my friend. For me Tornado of Souls is the best Megadeth solo and I too am into medium difficulty metal solos, been working on it for a few days and I mostly got it, I'd recommend that man.

yea man \m/ . One of the best metal solo's i have heard.I can play tornado of souls solo if its 70% of orginal tempo
vimal_6strings is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: