Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #81
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

I'll be sure to pay again for an earlier version of GP. Are you going to help or not?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #82
bassburton
Multi Genre Influenced

You don't have to pay. I'm sure you can find a "free" version.
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
bassburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #83
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Stop dodging the issue, shilling your favorite version of Guitar Pro (who the flying fvck fanboys a specific version of a program?), and endorsing piracy. You can be helpful, or you can be a dick.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #84
bassburton
Multi Genre Influenced

Well... I'm afraid the door wings both ways, man. I'm sure you like both GP6 and Tuxguitar, I'm sure they're great. The thing is, GP5 is what everybody uses. Seeing as most of UG (including me) doesn't really have the means to upgrade their tab software, composing programs, etc. We have to descend into well... piracy.
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Old 06-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #85
frankibo
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Stop dodging the issue, shilling your favorite version of Guitar Pro (who the flying fvck fanboys a specific version of a program?), and endorsing piracy. You can be helpful, or you can be a dick.

It's not about fanboying a version, it's about it being the best version. It's better than 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6, so we all use it. It's the most user friendly and does the job we need it to best.
And they're kinda separate releases anyway as opposed to different versions (e.g 5.0 and 5.2).
And who endorses piracy? A pirate obviously. And the movies tell me Pirates are cool.
I'd rather lose a leg than help you.

Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #86
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassburton
Well... I'm afraid the door wings both ways, man. I'm sure you like both GP6 and Tuxguitar, I'm sure they're great. The thing is, GP5 is what everybody uses. Seeing as most of UG (including me) doesn't really have the means to upgrade their tab software, composing programs, etc. We have to descend into well... piracy.

You're not going to get me to downgrade to GP5. Just give up. I have two programs that can read and write GP5 files just fine, and have all of its functionality. As for the mix table, I'll figure it out myself, because clearly, asking you for help is a waste of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankibo
And who endorses piracy? A pirate obviously. And the movies tell me Pirates are cool.

Turisas is better than Alestorm, and this is a fact.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #87
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Quote:
It's not about fanboying a version, it's about it being the best version. It's better than 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6, so we all use it. It's the most user friendly and does the job we need it to best.
And they're kinda separate releases anyway as opposed to different versions (e.g 5.0 and 5.2).
A harder decision would be 5.0 vs 5.2...
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #88
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy

What you could do is make the GP/tuxguitar file repeat, then export it as a MIDI, and then import it into a program like audacity and make it fade out in there. Then, export as an mp3 or whatever and upload it somewhere. That's one method, anyhow.

EDIT: Dat Title Screen Theme is pretty fucking good. Post the MIDI file though.

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time

Last edited by RedDeath9 : 06-04-2012 at 09:54 PM.
RedDeath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #89
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

^Nah, I've got this. If worst comes to worst, I can just add the fadeout in FL Studio, then save it as a midi again. It's probably best if we keep all the files in midi format, to save space and keep with the old-school-RPG aesthetic.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #90
Wquennasar
Melancholic

Oh dear

Alright, first things first: Mix tables in Guitar Pro 5 are done by hitting F10. It seems to be the same key in Guitar Pro 6 (although no longer called mix tables): http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index....s&faq=userv5#Q3

I don't know whether Guitar Pro 6 keeps the mix tables from GP5 in place or just drops them like TuxGuitar does, but if you want to do fade outs in GP, it's F10.

Now, as for the whole GP5/GP6/TG debacle, GP5 is the best of the lot. It has nothing to do with fanboyism, GP6 was a horrible upgrade that no one chose to upgrade to, it changed things like drum tracks and had an interface that no one liked. Also, it was really hard to pirate, which would be a good thing if your program was worthwhile, but for a program like Guitar Pro, where you need all your users to upgrade one way or the other so that they start making .gpx tabs instead of .gp5 tabs, there is basically zero incentive for anyone to pay or pirate GP6. I'm someone who actually bought GP5, not encouraging piracy but there is no point in denying its existence.

As for TG, it is typical of open source alternatives in that it's not really an alternative at all if you want to do anything worthwhile. It drops mix tables from Guitar Pro tabs, changes drum tracks to Acoustic Grand Piano, loses Let Ring notation, and many other tiny little things that will slowly drive you insane if you ever try to spend an entire summer fixing files that TG users have ruined.

So yeah, tl;dr: Online guitarist communities never upgraded past GP5 and it is the de facto standard. As for your options, just stay with GP6 and figure out the differences it has from GP5. You could even try contacting Arobas Music and see if they could let you use GP5 if you are that ardently against piracy, they might be fine with people using older versions if they have the newest license (although probably disappointed that everyone hates GP6). Just don't use TuxGuitar, whatever you do.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #91
Wquennasar
Melancholic

Also, am I the only one who thinks drum tracks are ruining this? I can't think of any RPG music that uses drum tracks. Percussion sure, but drum kits no. It's completely throwing me off whenever I hear it.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #92
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wquennasar
Also, am I the only one who thinks drum tracks are ruining this? I can't think of any RPG music that uses drum tracks. Percussion sure, but drum kits no. It's completely throwing me off whenever I hear it.
Umm... Sorry.
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #93
bassburton
Multi Genre Influenced

Here you go, Reddeath.
Attached Files
File Type: mid UG RPG Collab - Title Screen theme - Definitive V2.mid (54.5 KB, 199 views)
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #94
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghSi...ture=plpp_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxYF...ture=plpp_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSxK...ture=plpp_video

And more...
gonzaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #95
Wquennasar
Melancholic

As I said before, I never played FF, so I'm not familiar with that at all. The title makes me think of stuff like this:

Might be a WRPG/JRPG disconnect here, lol.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #96
gabrielcev

Even Chrono Trigger used a drum track in most of their songs and that shit is old as hell. Listen to the Chrono Trigger Battle Theme.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #97
Kirborg

Here's minigame 1
Attached Files
File Type: mid Minigame.mid (23.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: gp5 Minigame.gp5 (19.1 KB, 75 views)
Kirborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #98
Staring Horse
Always Watching...

Quote:

Quote:
Seeing as most of UG (including me) doesn't really have the means to upgrade their tab software.

Quote:
doesn't really have the means

-.-

Really?

Quote:

Quote:
Just get GP. I can't think of any good reason that you wouldn't.

You so failed at answering the dude's question.

Classic troll.

Quote:
What's this about using the mix table to fade it out? Is that some GP-only thing?

I used tuxguitar to write "Hopeful for the the Future". As far as I know, there is no fade out feature. The only way to do it, would to be to export the final product into another midi editor, and do it from there.

Quote:

His response was out of line. Although I'd calm down, otherwise risk being a dick yourself. This is from a fellow Tuxbro. No hate.

Quote:

What rpg's have you been playing bro? Just about every snes rpg had drum kit usage.

Although probably not as heavy usage as we all have done.

Oh well, collectievly our styles and sounds are all over the place anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staring Horse
I used tuxguitar to write "Hopeful for the the Future".

Yeah, I use tuxguitar. I used to use gp5, but lost it last year when I got a virus that infected all of my .exe files. I know all of its limitations, all of its flaws. I have absolutely no idea why people bash it so hard. That said, I know it doesn't work when you import files from TG into GP.

Having people tell me how better .gp5 is everytime I use the program would get old.

So be a bro and respect that.

Or not.
Staring Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #99
Staring Horse
Always Watching...

That being said, I call Normal battle 1.
Staring Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #100
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staring Horse
I'd calm down, otherwise risk being a dick yourself. This is from a fellow Tuxbro. No hate.

Yeah, I went a bit far that time.
About drums: Having different people working on this guarantees that we'll have at least slightly different styles. If you can make a standard drumkit work, go ahead. Some of the more "majestic" tracks (like what I did for "Imperial City") might call for some orchestral-style percussion, and I could even see a rock beat behind some of the more intense ones (boss fights, etc), but in the end, it's up to the person who writes it.

Rate This Thread: