Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #21
corza334

Possibility its a pinched nerve also.

Family member has almost identical symptoms, due largely to a pinched nerve in her neck.

No idea if it is that - but always something else to check out.
corza334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #22
AtomicBirdy
UG Senior Member

This is sad to read

have you been to a chiropractor?

When my muscles go out of whack, an adjustment somehow fixes it all. Why? I don't know. From what I've gathered, micro spinal mis-alignments can cause ridiculous tension long term in your muscles.

If you have already done so and posted it, my bad. Doctors won't be able to help much, if you run out of all options, look to natural things (acupuncture, healing herbs maybe?)
Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #23
Music MadMan

@Corza334 Apperantly, it's not a pinched nerve, since I did have some images taken and there was no evidence of such a thing.

Also, they said that I would feel a shock through the leg if the nerve was actually pinched, which I haven't felt. But still, I would probably feel inclined to revisit this if it's not what I'm checking out atm.

@AtomicBirdy: I'm sorry, it kinda is ****ed up but I'm actively trying to find ways to get out of where I'm standing right now, so that's why I'm here. So thank you for taking your time to post

I did go to a chiropractor, the details are in the other page, but pretty much what happened is that it only gave very small temporary relief that wouldn't last more than half an hour. And I also tried acupunture, but that quickly turned out to be not too helpful for the pain.

But this "micro spinal mis-alignment" thing is interesting, because, for some reason, along with the pain, my back cracks A LOT. And unintentionally, mind you, every time I stand up, sometimes when I walk or any kind of basic movement. But my back turns incredibly noisy and starts crackin' when I lay on a bed, as if all the bones go back into place or something.

This cracking is every day without skipping a single time. Even the simple movement of raising my shoulders cracks my back. I'ma google that stuff and ask the doctor next time I see him, Thanks a lot
Roland Cube 60w
Pedal:
GT-10
Music MadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #24
testekleez

All you ever wanted to know about Vitamin D3 and then some!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...l-nutrient.aspx
testekleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #25
Slashiepie
Banged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music MadMan
@Corza334 Apperantly, it's not a pinched nerve, since I did have some images taken and there was no evidence of such a thing.

Also, they said that I would feel a shock through the leg if the nerve was actually pinched, which I haven't felt. But still, I would probably feel inclined to revisit this if it's not what I'm checking out atm.

@AtomicBirdy: I'm sorry, it kinda is ****ed up but I'm actively trying to find ways to get out of where I'm standing right now, so that's why I'm here. So thank you for taking your time to post

I did go to a chiropractor, the details are in the other page, but pretty much what happened is that it only gave very small temporary relief that wouldn't last more than half an hour. And I also tried acupunture, but that quickly turned out to be not too helpful for the pain.

But this "micro spinal mis-alignment" thing is interesting, because, for some reason, along with the pain, my back cracks A LOT. And unintentionally, mind you, every time I stand up, sometimes when I walk or any kind of basic movement. But my back turns incredibly noisy and starts crackin' when I lay on a bed, as if all the bones go back into place or something.

This cracking is every day without skipping a single time. Even the simple movement of raising my shoulders cracks my back. I'ma google that stuff and ask the doctor next time I see him, Thanks a lot

Sounds like myofascial pain, btw im with birdy on that one, it is important to know not every chiropractor is good, there are actually many dumbasses out there, but the good ones are like magicians..

Also have in mind Doctors rarely ever fix those kind of problems, you're better off trying different chiropractors and acupuncturists, especially since you already went to the doctor and he discarded the possibility of a misaligned disk or pinched nerve.
Slashiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
EmilGD
Unregistered User

Haven't read any other posts than the OP, so I'm sorry if this has been answered, but are you doing physical exercises for your back (and body as a whole)? Seeing the amount of time you've had this I suppose you have, but I have to ask, because if you haven't I believe a year of focus on rehabilitation with strengthening exercises might be the trick.

I'm kind of in the same position, having trouble with my shoulders, which I've had for about 18 months, I do still believe I can become 100% again though. But I know how it tears a lot on your mind...
EmilGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #27
Music MadMan

Well I'm here back again. Did a little edit to the OP, but basicly what's happening is that the pain has gotten worse, I've had to leave tons of classes of the semester due to the pain, haven't been to play still. Going to a Pain Management Doctor soon, but going to have to make peace with accepting that the pain won't go away.

I'm in severe depression and just sad as ****. The only thing, aside from the little things in life, that makes me happy is actually listening to music and thinking of being able to pick up the guitar again and play on a gig.

I really need a hug right now.

And for reference, I've gone to every kind of doctor you could imagine, including chiropractors, acupunture and the like.
Roland Cube 60w
Pedal:
GT-10

Last edited by Music MadMan : 10-26-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #28
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie

^^^ That sucks dude. This may be a silly question, but have you tried walking or seeing a sports rehab centre? I found exercise really helped when I slipped a disc in my spine.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #29
Music MadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHB
^^^ That sucks dude. This may be a silly question, but have you tried walking or seeing a sports rehab centre? I found exercise really helped when I slipped a disc in my spine.

Yeah. It was one the very first things I did, I entered into rebah gyms + massage therapy sessions for about 3-4 months straight. I felt I was toning my muscles, and the sessions helped me for a while (as in, 30 mins), but my pain stayed the same, so I decided to move on.

I'm currently *trying* to do some swimming 30mins to 1 hour a day, around 4 days a week, but my body responds with a very heavy fatigue and muscle weakness that leaves me with worse pain than before swimming. Excercise in general seems to be more detrimental to me, from past experiences and now.
Roland Cube 60w
Pedal:
GT-10
Old 10-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #30
lbc_sublime
UG's black reaper

Quote:
Yeah. It was one the very first things I did, I entered into rebah gyms + massage therapy sessions for about 3-4 months straight. I felt I was toning my muscles, and the sessions helped me for a while (as in, 30 mins), but my pain stayed the same, so I decided to move on.

I'm currently *trying* to do some swimming 30mins to 1 hour a day, around 4 days a week, but my body responds with a very heavy fatigue and muscle weakness that leaves me with worse pain than before swimming. Excercise in general seems to be more detrimental to me, from past experiences and now.

Have you seen a doctor? Seems like you may require surgery Just to get back to anything normal

"I can fill ya wit real millionaire shit (I can fill ya)
Escargot, my car go, one sixty, swiftly
Wreck it buy a new one
Your crew run run run, your crew run run"

NOTORIOUS B.I.G. - Hypnotize

Last edited by lbc_sublime : 10-26-2012 at 10:04 PM.
lbc_sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #31
Music MadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbc_sublime
Have you seen a doctor? Seems like you may require surgery Just to get back to anything normal

Yeah, pretty much any doctor. The thing is that there doesn't seem to be any evidence of a diagnostic that will actually require surgery. After 4 years, there isn't even a diagnosis. They still don't know what the **** I have.
Roland Cube 60w
Pedal:
GT-10
Old 10-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #32
lbc_sublime
UG's black reaper

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much any doctor. The thing is that there doesn't seem to be any evidence of a diagnostic that will actually require surgery. After 4 years, there isn't even a diagnosis. They still don't know what the **** I have.

Seems pretty common(back problems with no diagnosis) I had lower back problems so bad I couldn't even sit up and after a week or so it diminished then my Sciatic nerve gave me pain fur a couple months and now kick boxing seems to have cured it just exersize..

Do you live in the states?

"I can fill ya wit real millionaire shit (I can fill ya)
Escargot, my car go, one sixty, swiftly
Wreck it buy a new one
Your crew run run run, your crew run run"

NOTORIOUS B.I.G. - Hypnotize

Last edited by lbc_sublime : 10-26-2012 at 10:34 PM.
lbc_sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #33
Music MadMan

Yeah, if Puerto Rico counts.
Roland Cube 60w
Pedal:
GT-10
Old 10-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #34
Slashiepie
Banged

1)Did you try the Trigger Point Therapy?

2)How are your abdominals muscles doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.

Last edited by Slashiepie : 10-28-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Slashiepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: