Password
Search:

Old 06-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #61
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
It's also a horrible game.

No. It's a great series with a horrible ending.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #62
BurningStarlV
UG's Procrasturbator

I like Halo. It's fun to play in a group of friends all in the same room.

PRS Custom 22

Schecter C-1 Classic

Fender Deluxe

Fender Superchamp

My Rig
BurningStarlV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #63
Thrill-house
why can't this be blank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
No. It's a great series with a horrible ending.

The first game was horrible, the 2nd one was much much better, and I have not played the 3rd one (I did play the demo though.) As a series I like it, but the first game is really really bad.
Thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #64
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack

Because if there's anything a market completely over-saturated with FPS games needs, it's another FPS.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #65
ChrisBW

I'm sure I'll love the game as far as single player/co-op goes, but I'm hesitant on the multiplayer. I really miss Halo 3 multiplayer and especially miss Halo 2. I can't really stand Reach MP although I'm cool with the gameplay in single player. Really don't like the specializations and the reticle bloom in MP.

As far as people bitching about the community, honestly Halo 2/3 are where most of my XBL friends came from. Never made any friends on COD, only a couple over the past couple Battlefield games. It seems to me most people who play Halo seriously (once you get above level 40 or so) are usually friendly and actually want to work as a team. It doesn't help that it seemed that like 80% of Halo players used mics when I was playing and it's rare to even be on a squad in BF with someone with a mic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
Because if there's anything a market completely over-saturated with FPS games needs, it's another FPS.

At least they aren't remaking the same game every year

I have nothing against COD, but I can't play it anymore since MW2. Too much of it, too quick. COD is still huge but I think it will go the same way as Guitar Hero eventually unless they do something to change that path.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #66
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
The first game was horrible, the 2nd one was much much better, and I have not played the 3rd one (I did play the demo though.) As a series I like it, but the first game is really really bad.

The first game had clunky combat because it was Bioware's first non-turn based game. It did a lot of things wrong (dat UI), but the story was good. Not original at all, but good. I wouldn't call it horrible. I had a blast playing when it came out, but it's really dated now, and replays are not very fun.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #67
ZombieCran
Q(O_OQ)

Quote:
The first game had clunky combat because it was Bungie's first non-turn based game. It did a lot of things wrong (dat UI), but the story was good. Not original at all, but good. I wouldn't call it horrible. I had a blast playing when it came out, but it's really dated now, and replays are not very fun.

FTFY

edit: I suck cocks.

Last edited by ZombieCran : 06-05-2012 at 12:52 AM.
ZombieCran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #68
moscaespaņol
>alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieCran
FTFY

They're talking about Mass Effect...

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
moscaespaņol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #69
ChrisBW

Quote:
The first game had clunky combat because it was Bioware's first non-turn based game. It did a lot of things wrong (dat UI), but the story was good. Not original at all, but good. I wouldn't call it horrible. I had a blast playing when it came out, but it's really dated now, and replays are not very fun.

Mass Effect 1 was the best Mass Effect. And it still is. Finally actually played through ME3 this past weekend although I got it at launch. Now that is a game with clunky combat.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #70
ZombieCran
Q(O_OQ)

Shit they are, I was confused why thrill-house said he played the demo for the 3rd one.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #71
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBW
Mass Effect 1 was the best Mass Effect. And it still is. Finally actually played through ME3 this past weekend although I got it at launch. Now that is a game with clunky combat.

Mass Effect 1 was better in lots of things. Exploration, NPC interaction, customization, overall plot, etc. Combat was not one of those things. Sure, the "spacebar does everything" in ME3 was a pretty stupid and lazy move on Bioware's part, but overall the combat improved a lot.

EDIT:
To get this thread back on the topic of Halo 4, I don't know why the hell Microsoft doesn't realize that they have the Xbox AND PC gaming market in their pocket. I can't believe they're not doing PC releases for a series as huge as Halo.

Last edited by TheChaz : 06-05-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #72
Weaponized
add me on deviantart

I am really disappointed they decided to continue milking Halo after 3

Not really excited for this, and I love Halo.

Then again, I said the same about Reach and that was pretty cool.

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #73
moscaespaņol
>alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieCran
Shit they are, I was confused why thrill-house said he played the demo for the 3rd one.

funnily enough, what he said still holds true to halo ce

Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #74
ChrisBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
I am really disappointed they decided to continue milking Halo after 3

Not really excited for this, and I love Halo.

Then again, I said the same about Reach and that was pretty cool.

>not excited
>love Halo

Quote:
Mass Effect 1 was better in lots of things. Exploration, NPC interaction, customization, overall plot, etc. Combat was not one of those things. Sure, the "spacebar does everything" in ME3 was a pretty stupid and lazy move on Bioware's part, but overall the combat improved a lot.

I liked the combat in the first one best. All my friends hate me because when ME2 came I said it was worse than ME1
Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #75
Thrill-house
why can't this be blank?

Quote:

The story in the first one is good. It's the combat and glitches that made it horrible, the 2 times I tried playing it I gave up because of the glitches.
Thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #76
Gyroscope
UG Senior Member

The video makes me a bit more excited about it but it doesn't even come close to how excited I am for The Last of Us. I would buy a PS3 just to play this game.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Gyroscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #77
WCPhils
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyroscope
The video makes me a bit more excited about it but it doesn't even come close to how excited I am for The Last of Us. I would buy a PS3 just to play this game.

That game looks absolutely brutal. Can't ****ing wait.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #78
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

I think Halo gets old fast... I'm not a huge video games fanatic however.

I remember getting the first Halo for pc when I was ten or eleven, I thought it was tons of fun then.

But I would say better fps games would be Counterstrike 1.6 and Source, Quake III (a bit ridiculous but fun for quick thrills), Half Life (never played HL2 but maybe when Im bored in the future...), and System Shock II (most haunting and atmospheric game I've played, and it's got a bit blocky graphics and isn't even a "horror" game hahaha).
Old 06-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #79
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
I can't believe they're not doing PC releases for a series as huge as Halo.

Because they're bell ends. I might (*might*) consider buying Halo4 if it was on PC. And I was really ****ing bored. And my life was ruined. And the world was ending. So, like a 0.000001% chance if it was PC. Which is better than the absolute zero chance I'd buy it if it was only on Xbox360.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #80
moscaespaņol
>alabama

Quote:
EDIT:
To get this thread back on the topic of Halo 4, I don't know why the hell Microsoft doesn't realize that they have the Xbox AND PC gaming market in their pocket. I can't believe they're not doing PC releases for a series as huge as Halo.

Because Bungie had an exclusivity deal with Microsoft to produce X amount of Halo games for the 360. 343 Industries is making Halo 4 for 360 exclusively because, as they see it, they've lost their PC Halo fan base back when Halo 3 was exclusively Xbox, and because 343 consists mostly of former Bungie employees that know/love the 360 better.

Rate This Thread: