User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #81
Gaiad
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I've actually never played Halo. I just don't find a game that thrives on multiplayer to be good. And I don't need to play Halo (or any other FPSs) to know that the multiplayer FPS community is fucking horrendous.

The fuck?

I obsess over Halo's campaign. The story is great to me, I've even gone out and read most of the books that go along with it. The multiplayer is just sort of there.

I will admit the community is shit though, it's much better on the PC versions.

And as for Halo 4, the game's multiplayer is not looking too impressive. They're trying REALLY hard to be CoD with it. Weapon layouts? Perks? Infinite sprinting? ****ing hell.

I really hope they bring back smaller maps, I can't stand how every gosh damn map on Reach was so big that you had to constantly run around to get anywhere.

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Gaiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #82
Zzzonked90

Quote:
Games like CoD, Battlefield, and Halo all have the worst damn communities ever; there's no damn respect.

Try Blizzard or any DOTA game's community. Far worse.
Zzzonked90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #83
guitarninjaruy
I'm not a Registerd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzonked90

Try any game community, they all got elitist hardcore players.

Funky hot
guitarninjaruy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:26 AM   #84
Gaiad
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Couch
I thought 3 should've probably been the last game, and Reach definitely should have been the last game. I've been very unimpressed with literally every contribution 343i has made to the series: gamewise, storywise, everything. Not got high hopes for this, but I might buy it if it looks good after release.

Uhhh, why? The only thing they've done is Halo CE: Anniversary. Which was just adding nice features to an already excellent game. Reach was made by Bungie and was a terrible game that tried to change the canon of the story but failed horribly and should be written off as irrelevant to the series.

I have quite a bit of faith in 343i though, they consist of a bunch of members from Bungie, and most importantly, Frank O Connor, who was the main man behind the first three games.

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Gaiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #85
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiad
Uhhh, why? The only thing they've done is Halo CE: Anniversary. Which was just adding nice features to an already excellent game. Reach was made by Bungie and was a terrible game that tried to change the canon of the story but failed horribly and should be written off as irrelevant to the series.

I have quite a bit of faith in 343i though, they consist of a bunch of members from Bungie, and most importantly, Frank O Connor, who was the main man behind the first three games.

Well, first, 343 does not "consist of a bunch of members from Bungie." There are about eight people from Bungie working at 343; the number jumps to about 15 if you include contractors that worked with Bungie. For a studio of 250+ people, that isn't saying much. Ex-employees from other individual studios, notably Pandemic Studios, responsible for the Star Wars: Battlefront games, outnumber them.

Anniversary is little more than a graphical update. It was done competently enough, I guess, but I'm not creaming myself because they reskinned an old game.

They created Waypoint. Nice idea, underwhelming execution.

They were responsible for most of Reach's title updates. These are a mixed bag. Reach was a flawed game to begin with, but it wasn't completely awful from a multiplayer perspective. But rather than working with what they were given, and making Reach better at being Reach, they implemented sloppy hack jobs to make it more like the original three. It goes from being flawed to schizophrenic. It can't decide if it wants to do what it did originally (albeit halfheartedly), which is establish a nice middle ground between other popular console shooters (which are fast and arcade-like) and the original games (which have more in common with classic PC shooters, comparatively).

Story-wise, yeah, Reach was completely baffling. No arguments there. But I think I like the directions 343 has taken the series (with the Forerunner novels, bringing John back, and such) even less. I could rant at length about both of those, if you want.

I'm not saying they're a shitty developer. I'm saying that Halo 3 was a good place to close the series and move on to new things, and I'm very skeptical of a company that has been decidedly average thus far trying to continue from there.

Last edited by Flying Couch : 06-05-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Flying Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #86
devourke
Banned

Quote:
So...basically, assuming I bought it, I'd have to endure tons of rudeasses before I got to people who told me "good game". Yeah...no...

There's not a ton of rudeasses on Halo. I was just telling you where the small amount of them stop. But you don't seem like you'd be a very fun person to play with so I don't mind you not playing Halo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBW
I'm sure I'll love the game as far as single player/co-op goes, but I'm hesitant on the multiplayer. I really miss Halo 3 multiplayer and especially miss Halo 2. I can't really stand Reach MP although I'm cool with the gameplay in single player. Really don't like the specializations and the reticle bloom in MP.

As far as people bitching about the community, honestly Halo 2/3 are where most of my XBL friends came from. Never made any friends on COD, only a couple over the past couple Battlefield games. It seems to me most people who play Halo seriously (once you get above level 40 or so) are usually friendly and actually want to work as a team. It doesn't help that it seemed that like 80% of Halo players used mics when I was playing and it's rare to even be on a squad in BF with someone with a mic.

At least they aren't remaking the same game every year

I have nothing against COD, but I can't play it anymore since MW2. Too much of it, too quick. COD is still huge but I think it will go the same way as Guitar Hero eventually unless they do something to change that path.

It's like you're inside of my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscaespaņol
funnily enough, what he said still holds true to halo ce

Halo CE was great, there's only a few things that I would change if I had the choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
EDIT:
To get this thread back on the topic of Halo 4, I don't know why the hell Microsoft doesn't realize that they have the Xbox AND PC gaming market in their pocket. I can't believe they're not doing PC releases for a series as huge as Halo.

Titles exclusive to the Xbox are incentives for new gamers/different console gamers to purchase an Xbox instead of pirating it for PC.
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #87
eGraham
Green and Submarine

Quote:
Exactly! And the 12 year olds (or people who act like 12 years by camping your corpse and rubbing their jockstraps on your corpse, etc.) made it worse. I despise a game that only has replayability value because of the shitty multiplayer and its even shittier multiplayer community. Games like CoD, Battlefield, and Halo all have the worst damn communities ever; there's no damn respect.

No. Nope. Never. Especially not Halo...

Only bad players and the occasional douchebag do that. People who are decent and give a shit how they perform won't waste their time tea bagging.

Anyway, I am very excited for Halo 4. I thought about buying a 360, if just for that game. I played Reach a lot more than 3, and I hope they keep the Reach controls.

XBL: BuildTheWall Add me, I'll be on in the fall.

October 23, 2014

Last edited by eGraham : 06-05-2012 at 08:05 AM.
eGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #88
super_strat

Just got my giant Master Chief poster for pre-ordering! +1 nerdlevel
super_strat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #89
eGraham
Green and Submarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_strat

October 23, 2014
Old 06-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #90
Thrill-house
why can't this be blank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_strat

The last time I pre-ordered a game to get a bonus (Skyrim, I was told it came with a big cloth map.) Instead I got a little folded paper thing in the game case, I was not happy.
Thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #91
eGraham
Green and Submarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
The last time I pre-ordered a game to get a bonus (Skyrim, I was told it came with a big cloth map.) Instead I got a little folded paper thing in the game case, I was not happy.

Yep. My roommate got that, too. The map was very helpful, but it was flimsy and weak like an Argonian!

October 23, 2014
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #92
Thrill-house
why can't this be blank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
Yep. My roommate got that, too. The map was very helpful, but it was flimsy and weak like an Argonian!

Damn straight.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #93
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by devourke
There's not a ton of rudeasses on Halo. I was just telling you where the small amount of them stop. But you don't seem like you'd be a very fun person to play with so I don't mind you not playing Halo.
When it comes to this gen of fps's, no, I'm not fun to play with. Why? Because I despise them. They place so much emphasis on multiplayer that that becomes the entire game; it lacks any replayability without multiplayer. The only one worth beans to me is the Mass Effect series (despite the bad ending).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzonked90

I have. And that's why you joined a guild in WoW. Or why you play D3 with your friends. Ultimately, the forums are always (no matter what game) full of fuckwads. However, if you know your way around, so to speak...you can find helpful and useful posts. You can also generally find great community support on your server, if you do more than get on general or trade chat.

Is it perfect? No. Will a noob know how to figure out the community right off? No. But Blizzard's community is actually much better than some of the other communities.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 06-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #94
AnAngrySquirrel

Quote:
I have. And that's why you joined a guild in WoW. Or why you play D3 with your friends. Ultimately, the forums are always (no matter what game) full of fuckwads. However, if you know your way around, so to speak...you can find helpful and useful posts. You can also generally find great community support on your server, if you do more than get on general or trade chat.

Is it perfect? No. Will a noob know how to figure out the community right off? No. But Blizzard's community is actually much better than some of the other communities.

Multiplayer games are better with friends? Pretty much how halo is more fun with friends instead of the random people online? Who woulda thought.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #95
soundgarden1986
sairento hiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
That game looks absolutely brutal. Can't ****ing wait.

I could have sworn this was already out on Xbox live and PSN for 15 bucks
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #96
Thrill-house
why can't this be blank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgarden1986
I could have sworn this was already out on Xbox live and PSN for 15 bucks

I think you're thinking of "I am alive"
Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #97
institutions
i ply base

Looks like the topic of discussion has moved away from Halo 4, but idgaf because I don't really want to discuss it. I just want to make one post and then leave the thread forever

The Halo 4 trailer yesterday at E3 looked really good, but I doubt i'll get it as Halo just doesn't interest me. I've played every Halo game but never actually finished one.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, rocksmith 2014
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #98
Thrill-house
why can't this be blank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
Looks like the topic of discussion has moved away from Halo 4, but idgaf because I don't really want to discuss it. I just want to make one post and then leave the thread forever

The Halo 4 trailer yesterday at E3 looked really good, but I doubt i'll get it as Halo just doesn't interest me. I've played every Halo game but never actually finished one.

Why would you start all of them but not finish any?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #99
institutions
i ply base

Because they all get pretty boring somewhere in the middle.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, rocksmith 2014
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #100
eGraham
Green and Submarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
Why would you start all of them but not finish any?

This. That voids any of your arguments concerning games.

October 23, 2014

Rate This Thread: