Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
The jazz Man

BC RICH 2012 JR V NJ Deluxe any good???

Hi, I own a Jackson RR MT1 and a Dean VMNT Dave Mustaine Signature. Its seems that I have taken more of a liking to the jackson as of late due to the thinner neck style (Could be a C Shape) than the D Shaped neck on the Dean.
The Dean is a very good guitar but is proving to be unplayable for me with the irritating neck shape. So I have been considering a BC Rich 2012 JR V NJ Deluxe and was wondering.. does anybody own one here? Is it a good guitar? what is the neck like on it? is it a drop in quality compared to the Dean? Im a huge Matt Tuck fan and noticed that he has switched to BC Rich recently and was playing one during the last BFMV tour until his new signature has been released...
would appreciate any clue into what this guitar is like.
Cheers
The jazz Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Viban
UG's resident bum

you'll hear alot of B.C.Rich hate here. the only way to be sure is to play it yourself and see how it feels to you
Viban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
megano28
Inspiring Multi's

I don't know about the new one, but I owned one in the past. It's was a good guitar, it wasn't great but it wasn't like the warlocks that I've seen people here share horror stories about. The most important thing is that you try it out personally and look at the floyd's knife edges and all that kind of stuff.

I've played a razor back and it wasn't as good as the BC rich. I wouldn't suggest buying a guitar based on what one of your idols is using though. That VMNT is pretty much identical and getting the V won't really add anything to your current options

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Pg.inc_music

From personal experience I find Bc Rich to be hit or miss (like many guitar companies) so yea go out and play one, and if stays in tune, plays well, and sounds good to you get it.
Pg.inc_music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
Viban
UG's resident bum

like any company they have lemons from the factory, all you can really do is some trial to make sure you don't get one

and even the warlocks/warbeasts aren't bad, they chip really easily but that about the only problem I've ever had with one
Old 06-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
RetroGunslinger

If its anything like the other mid range bc rich's Ive tried itll be great guitar, its got good specs anyway, mahogany neck through, ebony board, grovers, floyd rose original and emgs
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
RetroGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
megano28
Inspiring Multi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viban
like any company they have lemons from the factory, all you can really do is some trial to make sure you don't get one

and even the warlocks/warbeasts aren't bad, they chip really easily but that about the only problem I've ever had with one

Playing the <$300 ones I have to say that they're pretty shit. Usually the neck is awkwardly fitted into the body and the electronics are bad. Every once in a while you also get a horrible fret job. The NJ series or the Deluxe series ones are good though, from what I've played at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGunslinger
If its anything like the other mid range bc rich's Ive tried itll be great guitar, its got good specs anyway, mahogany neck through, ebony board, grovers, floyd rose original and emgs

Only thing I'm going to add here is that despite the fact that it's a OFR, it's not a OFR made by Schaller so the quality isn't as great

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Viban
UG's resident bum

ah, I have the Trace T warbeast, its 400 new. pretty decent piece of equipment I'd say, there are some thing I'd upgrade in it if I werent saving for an amp though, even the FR is pretty decent, its black chrome and whatnot, I want better pickups for it though, not emgs, maybe like seymore duncans or something.
'
also, neck is bolt on

Last edited by Viban : 06-15-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
asmithgdci

Not sure if this is the same model but, I have this one:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...electric-guitar

It is excellent! I don't like the EMGs, I plan on switching them. The frets are fairly big, I'd prefer smaller but the big frets are nice for some stuff. There were also two very small paint smudges, barely noticeable. Other than that it is awesome! The neck shape is pretty thin, sort of like an Ibanez Wizard III with a round back instead of a flat back. If your want something with a METAL look, it's a great guitar for the price.
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
asmithgdci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
The jazz Man

Thanks guys, all points considered
The jazz Man is offline   Reply With Quote