User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #41
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner93
Deans were shit, yes. The Hagstroms on the other hand are a. Not that cheap, and b. Pretty bloody decent.

The current Hagstrom offering is sub 400, and I've never had my hands on a good one.

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:24 AM   #42
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

The Hagstrom Ultra Swede is a good guitar, but I haven't found any other Hagstroms about which I can say that - basses included. The first Hagstrom I ever played was back in '78, and the body was covered in Naugahyde. No, I'm not kidding. Naugahyde!

I think I'm going to go for that Warwick Katana 4-string. Hey, Warwick Official: what kinds of hard cases can I get for that bass? Or should I just go for a generic plastic road case? I don't want to put an expensive and uniquely-shaped bass in a "one size fits all" case if I can avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #43
WarwickOfficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo339
Hello WarwickOffical and anyone else that might want to answer this.

I am looking at the possiblity of getting a warwick bass. I have seen a 2007 4 String Thumb Bolt-on bass for sale in my general area for the range of $1500. I am wondering is it worth it for this bass/year? I am pretty certain I want a warwick as i fell in love with them back in around 2002 or so when my favorite player at the time played one (Sam Rivers)

Hello davo339. It sounds like a fair price, to me...but also not my position to make such a judgement. Is it possible for you to test the bass out in person? Really, it comes down to whether you connect with the instrument...and it allows you to speak your voice as a musician. We are quite proud to have Sam Rivers as an endorser - on a side note, check out our FB page, where we are currently giving away a mini-thumb bass signed by Sam Rivers! facebook.com/warwickframus Please let me know if there is any way I can assist you. Thanks!
WarwickOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #44
WarwickOfficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
I think I'm going to go for that Warwick Katana 4-string. Hey, Warwick Official: what kinds of hard cases can I get for that bass? Or should I just go for a generic plastic road case? I don't want to put an expensive and uniquely-shaped bass in a "one size fits all" case if I can avoid it.

Glad to hear it FatalGear41! I've submitted a request to our distributor to see what might be available for needs. I'll reply as soon as I hear back. Thanks for your patience!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #45
WarwickOfficial

FatalGear41: I just received word from our distributor in the US, US Music Corp. He said hard cases for the Katana will be back in stock mid-July, and the part number is USM-RC10830BW

Please contact:
Jay Marino
US Music Corp
Jay.marino@usmusiccorp.com
(800)877-6863 Ext. 5288

Let me know if you've got any questions, and thank again for your support!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #46
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliriumbassist
Ah well, can't win them all. Now it's a case of finding a use for the low B in the six string sets

Speaking as a model-maker(and total novice bass player), wound strings look great as dirty great cables in sci-fi themed vehicles and dioramas.

Probably no use to you, but it's one alternative use for 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #47
davo339

I will be going to check it out in person tomorrow, I will more than likely fall in love with it. I was just curious as to $1500 was a fair price for the model/age which you had answered. Thank you! I have also entered the contest for the mini Thumb! It looks pretty cool haha.

Last edited by davo339 : 06-27-2012 at 04:41 PM.
davo339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #48
WarwickOfficial

By the way, for any of you interested...there is just 3 days left in our Warwick Artist Series Robert Trujillo signature 5-string bass giveaway! All you have to do is go to the Warwick & Framus facebook site, enter your name and email, and we will draw the winner July 2nd! Contest ends June 30th at midnight. facebook.com/warwickframus Thanks!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #49
WarwickOfficial

For those of you who've asked where they can find Warwick instruments. I wanted to announce a very special service...Warwick & Framus will have instruments available through its own Online Store! All instruments will be available for purchase through the web-store, world-wide, beginning July 1st! For those of you who've had trouble finding a local dealer or distributor, you can now buy direct. We are very pleased to be able to bring direct sales to our customers. Keep an eye out, and look for the updated Online Store in the coming days! Thanks for your support!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #50
Spaz91
Turd polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarwickOfficial
For those of you who've asked where they can find Warwick instruments. I wanted to announce a very special service...Warwick & Framus will have instruments available through its own Online Store! All instruments will be available for purchase through the web-store, world-wide, beginning July 1st! For those of you who've had trouble finding a local dealer or distributor, you can now buy direct. We are very pleased to be able to bring direct sales to our customers. Keep an eye out, and look for the updated Online Store in the coming days! Thanks for your support!

Finally. Will this be at a reduced prices compared to other distributors?
Spaz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:04 AM   #51
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Will this also lead the way to a direct Custom Shop service?

Old 06-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #52
Spaz91
Turd polisher

I'd freaking love a program on the website that calculate the costs of custom shop models on the spot, a little like Warmoth's site.
Spaz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #53
Spanner93
Comrade Spanner

Quote:
The current Hagstrom offering is sub 400, and I've never had my hands on a good one.

Bollocks, My beluga IIF bass retails at 599gbp..... Admittedly Hags are an acquired taste, but the build quality is excellent.
Spanner93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #54
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner93
Bollocks, My beluga IIF bass retails at 599gbp..... Admittedly Hags are an acquired taste, but the build quality is excellent.

The HB-8, which I am specifically referring to, is at 390, and it is not good as an 8 string.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #55
WarwickOfficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
Finally. Will this be at a reduced prices compared to other distributors?

Spaz91:We prefer you to buy from a local dealer when possible. But for those who don't have access to a dealer in their area, they can purchase through the Warwick Online Store at retail price. Thanks for your interest!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #56
WarwickOfficial

Quote:
Will this also lead the way to a direct Custom Shop service?

Db: Yes! Custom Shop sales will be available directly through the new Online Store! Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #57
WarwickOfficial

Have you ever wondered about the process behind building Warwick basses and Framus guitars? Here's a link to our Factory Tour information page, with a quick video about the tour! Enjoy, and hopefully we'll see YOU on a factory tour sometime soon! http://www.warwick.de/modules/infos/...ID=24107&cl=EN Thanks!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #58
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

If I were to coincide a factory visit with ordering my next CS, would I be able to choose the wood cuts?

Old 06-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #59
WarwickOfficial

Db: Thanks for an excellent question! Yes...if you come for a factory tour and decide you'd like to place a custom order, you can hand select the wood you'd like on your new instrument! Please let me know if I can assist you in any way!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #60
WarwickOfficial

The new Online Store is up and running! Check it out: http://shop.warwick.de/ and let me know if I can assist in any way!

Rate This Thread: