I SHALL IMPALE YOU
Old 06-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #22
progbass
UG Resident

upon The Crumbling Pillars....of The Millennia
Old 06-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #23
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti

Occurrence On Mimas is easily one of the best death metal songs ever.
Crazed Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
Abomination94
Nocturnal Dominion

Location: Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we're mostly water. Therefore, we are bleach.
For Futuristic Warfare:
Slow decay
Putrid stench
The Light chokes and dies
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...
Abomination94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #25
Butt Rayge
UG Resident

I want to battle already! I've got nothing to do today. I just know I'll be called out when there's something going on in the real world.
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #26
MHDrunk
It's Always Teatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireGoldfish
I can't wait to get you in on the next one MH. The Key was pretty much my choice.

The moment I read 'Futuristic Warfare', the opening build-up of Andromeda Strain lodged itself in my head. Still there...

If you do call me up, don't make it this weekend. I'm going on a 3 day ...uh... road trip (working full time sucks lol). At least I'll be forced to come up with some kind of road warrior compilation
When aught is heard or seen which holds the soul strongly bent to it, the time passes away and we perceive it not; for one faculty is that which notes it, and another which possesses the undivided soul; the former is as 'twere bound, the latter free.
MHDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #27
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

An absolute sci fi beast The Key is. I remember thinking "No other album will ever sound like this" when I first got my hands on it way back when.

Your 3 day ...uh... road trip sounds ambiguously awesome. Bring back your Wasteland Warrior tracklist!
Iím not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural
It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
VampireGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #28
progbass
UG Resident

Wasteland soundtrack indeed. I have a few theme ideas kicking around Veej, but I post from my phone ans I can't pm. Do you mind if i email you?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #29
MHDrunk
It's Always Teatime

I have a couple of crust albums I'm putting in the car, and need to listen a few more over the next few days to refresh myself. Road trip is basically exploring abandoned and non-tour infested towns around Victoria. Can find a fair few buildings that are barely touched, and others that have been squatted in/vandalised. There are more deeper into other states but I have to wait to get time off work for those

Gonna have to watch Mad Max 1-3 before I go though haha
When aught is heard or seen which holds the soul strongly bent to it, the time passes away and we perceive it not; for one faculty is that which notes it, and another which possesses the undivided soul; the former is as 'twere bound, the latter free.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #30
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by progbass
Wasteland soundtrack indeed. I have a few theme ideas kicking around Veej, but I post from my phone ans I can't pm. Do you mind if i email you?

faethor vampire goldfish @ g m a i l .com

No spaces obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHDrunk
I have a couple of crust albums I'm putting in the car, and need to listen a few more over the next few days to refresh myself. Road trip is basically exploring abandoned and non-tour infested towns around Victoria.

I get a huge kick out of this shit. Especially when you go far enough, deep enough, dark enough, to where the only sounds are you and your companions shuffled foot steps and breathing accompanied by the occasional skittering of what ever is around the corner or in the drain pipe.

Night falls and life has new meaning.

Would be an absolute blast to do this in the Chernobyl area. Now that is desolation.
an unenlightened one
Old 06-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #31
MHDrunk
It's Always Teatime

Quote:
faethor vampire goldfish @ g m a i l .com

No spaces obviously.

I get a huge kick out of this shit. Especially when you go far enough, deep enough, dark enough, to where the only sounds are you and your companions shuffled foot steps and breathing accompanied by the occasional skittering of what ever is around the corner or in the drain pipe.

Would be an absolute blast to do this in the Chernobyl area. Now that is desolation.

Yeah haha - except the radiation, and that it is, in-fact, tour-guide infested. There's a lot for me to explore around Australia before I think about going overseas. Is there much to explore in the US? Over here we have a lot of abandoned mining towns
Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #32
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Quote:
Yeah haha - except the radiation, and that it is, in-fact, tour-guide infested.

Admittedly I'm pretty out of the loop but about three or four years back I watched quite a few documentaries on the up to date affairs n Chernobyl and it seemed still to be incredibly empty and still. Maybe its changed in those few years or I watched the wrong documentaries.

Quote:
There's a lot for me to explore around Australia before I think about going overseas. Is there much to explore in the US? Over here we have a lot of abandoned mining towns

You have to look very hard to find these sorta places in most parts of the US, especially on the west and east coast. Lotta gems to be found though. One of my personal favorites was an abandoned asylum. Found a suitcase with some very interesting things in it.
an unenlightened one
Old 06-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #33
MHDrunk
It's Always Teatime

Quote:
Admittedly I'm pretty out of the loop but about three or four years back I watched quite a few documentaries on the up to date affairs n Chernobyl and it seemed still to be incredibly empty and still. Maybe its changed in those few years or I watched the wrong documentaries.

You have to look very hard to find these sorta places in most parts of the US, especially on the west and east coast. Lotta gems to be found though. One of my personal favorites was an abandoned asylum. Found a suitcase with some very interesting things in it.

Ah yeah, abandoned asylums. We had one in an outer suburb that I think is gone now. My friend found a few with security at them, so didn't go in. It would be great to get in some of them. Over here's good cos a 4 hour drive will take you to a dead silent, unlit sky. As for Chernobyl, I watched some video but as far as I can tell its still heavily guarded but with guided tours. I really dont understand people who go for guided tours of abandoned places - takes all the fun out
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #34
Butt Rayge
UG Resident

Quote:

I'm not a superstitious person at all, but you'd never get me in one of those places. They scare the fucking shit out of me.
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #35
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Quote:
I really dont understand people who go for guided tours of abandoned places - takes all the fun out

Yeah for me the fun comes from the isolation, something a tour guide kinda kills.
an unenlightened one
Old 06-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #36
MHDrunk
It's Always Teatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rayge
I'm not a superstitious person at all, but you'd never get me in one of those places. They scare the fucking shit out of me.

That's why you go there haha. How metal would you feel walking onto the set of something that looks like a Nightmare on Elm Street sequel?

Quote:
Yeah for me the fun comes from the isolation, something a tour guide kinda kills.

Absolutely. You want to see the death of a place - a ghost town. A place that was once thriving with its own shared experiences and mini-culture of its own now vanished. It's like a low-rent version of being the guy at the end of PotA when he finds the Statue of Liberty.

Only downside is that, seeing as I was lazy enough to wait until a few months back to get my license - and we have restrictions over here so that I start on a probationary license. So I can't drive anything more powerful than a 6 cylinder, and no turbo. Not as much fun thrashing them up to 200 (kmh) haha.

Edit: Those wondering what I'm putting in the car musicwise, the first CD (I love crust for being able to get so much on a CD) has the following:

Gasmask Terror - 2005 EP
Moderat Likvidation - 1983 EP
Nuclear Frost - Winter Bombs 83
Shitlickers - Silence
Zouo - The Final Agony
Bombanfall - Asiktsfrihet

ML and the last 3 are absolute, dead-set, classics

Last edited by MHDrunk : 06-25-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #37
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis

Quote:

Wonder who else caught this reference.

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Burning_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #38
progbass
UG Resident

Me. Will do Mr. Lumley
Old 06-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #39
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

Quote:
Ah yeah, abandoned asylums. We had one in an outer suburb that I think is gone now. My friend found a few with security at them, so didn't go in. It would be great to get in some of them. Over here's good cos a 4 hour drive will take you to a dead silent, unlit sky. As for Chernobyl, I watched some video but as far as I can tell its still heavily guarded but with guided tours. I really dont understand people who go for guided tours of abandoned places - takes all the fun out

There was an abandoned one in Bundoora, which I think still stands but is fenced off; presumably because the building is full of asbestos and the structure is unstable. Doesn't stop those who really want to get in of course, but it's in close proximity to some new housing developments so the atmosphere isn't exactly one of desolation.

There are a few places in Sydney that are unsettling and intimidating even though they're more or less in the middle of the city itself.
lastFM
Emenius Sleepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #40
MHDrunk
It's Always Teatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emenius Sleepus
There was an abandoned one in Bundoora, which I think still stands but is fenced off; presumably because the building is full of asbestos and the structure is unstable. Doesn't stop those who really want to get in of course, but it's in close proximity to some new housing developments so the atmosphere isn't exactly one of desolation.

There are a few places in Sydney that are unsettling and intimidating even though they're more or less in the middle of the city itself.

That Bundoora one was actually the one I was referring to - I heard it was demolished? That's right near uni for me as well. A lot of these places - according to my friend - are guarded because there is still records/equipment in them, apparently.

Rate This Thread: