Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
MetalCommand
Disappear to Infinity

Prog/Symphonic Instrumental Metal C4C

Hey all, here's my new song for you, another instrumental. Guitars were recorded DI then put through Lepou Lecto ampsim. Steven Slate Drums and Kontakt 5 were used for the other instruments.
Any comments, questions are welcome and I will C4C.

MetalCommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
Evil_Magician
naiciGAM_livE

Epic battle music bro! Would fit well in some rpg :P
Everything was pretty great but the only complaint is that the flute was too high in the mix throughout and perhaps a little untight. Heavy rythm guitars!

C4C: (check out the song: D.T.N)
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1547754
Evil_Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
Weirdbag
UG Member

Wow, that flute (or what it's called) is kinda annoying to me, idk...

Post-Rock Project

Weirdbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #4
Poisonouspot

Thanks for criting my song, first impression its very dramatic (in a good way), loved the guitar tone,
really nice playing loved the flute after the guitar intro, the sound quality is great
Poisonouspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
Damocles

This track should have a fasten-your-seatbelt warning ! I love compositions like this,very classical influenced,and with a scary overall atmosphere. The flutepart is wonderful,you should really try a mellotron-sound for that part ! I use this one (flute) http://www.kvraudio.com/product/tapeworm_by_tweakbench
It's a easy to tweak free vst-plugin,low cpu-usage,and by mixing voices I think the result is stunning.
The guitars are a little on the bright side through my stereo.
Keep up the good work,man !
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
MetalCommand
Disappear to Infinity

Thanks Damocles, I will check that out
MetalCommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #7
JakubtheGac

Thanks for the feedback on my post!

This song was awesome. Had an epic feel through the whole thing and i love orchestral metal like this. The flute was a little too loud at times, but that's easily forgiven by the sweet melody at 2:14. Overall a good ride and i enjoyed the guitar tone. I actually just started looking into Kontakt 5 for more VST's and judging by this recording i may just invest.
JakubtheGac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
CSMusic

Now you just need some lyrics about slaying dragons or vikings!

Overall I like it. If I had to complain about anything, I'd say that the lead guitar sometimes feels a little bit too random. The flute also could use some work as it sounds fake. That's not always a bad thing, but for a metal track of this style, you want it as human as possible.
CSMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
James_Het_Rules
UG Fanatic

Not really my thing, but good nonetheless. You've obviously got a good grasp on mixing and composing, cause I can't find anything wrong with it lol.
Soundcloud
Soundclick
All albums available HERE free of charge. Over 3 hours of metal!

James_Het_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
RoeyShaf

Im not sure what to say haha
not really my taste but it was actually kind of fun to listen to. i liked the flute or whatever that was, gave it a little oriental sound.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #11
aaron aardvark

MetalCommand,
Thanks for the reviews! Now your tune: it has plenty of energy initially, though I actually like this slower part at ~1:50 better. Nice transition to the rocking part. Somehow, whenever you have drums, a lot of the audio seems to be pumping quite a bit: I speculate that you have more compression on things than I might. Otherwise the drums sound fine (though they are kind of 'busy' at times). Intro lead guitar is tight, well played. I'm sensitive to high frequencies, so if it were me I'd turn down the treble (I'm listening on headphones). With your ears & sound system it might be just fine. Sounds pretty good overall.
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
Progbass92

Right away the whole mix just sounds too bright and thin. I would suggest balancing out the high and mids a lot better. I'm listening in a very bassy room and it's still to much. The sounds themselves are all great and blend together fairly well. The lead tone in the beginning is a little biting and it isn't intelligible what is going on. I suggest you redo that part so you can get the part across better. The flute ideas are really cool, but I would try and find a better sound so it doesn't sound so choppy. The strings and synths sound really good though. Just work on the balancing and your sounds and you'll have a solid track.

Listen Here:

http://projectterria.bandcamp.com/
Progbass92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
IronMark666

I would agree with others who say the mix lacks bottom end but some people like it that way. The playing is very fluid but that flute just seems out of place at the beginning, almost half a beat behind everything else. The middle section where it slows down provides a really nice contrast to the first part, especially where the drums come in.

Overall I really like it apart from those couple of minor criticisms, I really enjoyed it and will listen more than once.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1548196
Old 07-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
sonny bb
UG's New-ish Guy

i like that it branches out into a folky, kinda piratey sound. I think the guitars could use a bit more bass after the acoustic part cause it kind of thins out, but its very interesting in a good way!
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0<) HA!!!
<(*~*)>
sonny bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
SilverDolphin
The Ghost Passenger

Thanks for the comment =)
The intro just hits you right in the face without warning! Very energetic and powerful until 1:30. The orchestral part after that is a huge contrast. I like the acoustic guitar; it has this sort of medieval feel to it. I agree that after that, it lacks some bass. The flute sounded a bit off tempo. I think the snare drum could be louder in the mix.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #16
JWG2007

Thanks for the comment! I like the song, sounds pretty awesome. The orchestral parts could be a little lower in the mix, and the guitars a little higher, but that's just my taste. The drums sound good and fit the mix well. Interesting song. Well done!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #17
ExDementia
UG Freak

Not the kind of thing I would listen to often, but I love the upbeat folky themes here. Really sounds like something that they should put in the background of epic, medieval, magic style video games. I would if I made one.

Some of the flute rhythms can get a bit tedious here and there, but the metal guitar and drums pull it together. Cool song.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1550594
ExDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #18
JDawg00100
^ thats me

Location: The seventh layer of hell, next door to Martha Stewart
I always enjoy your music, I love the style of song writing and feel of the music. I have always been one that enjoys thoughtful compositions like this. There are a couple things that don't seem to fit with me, like the flute part. But giving something a try isn't a bad thing.

Overall I liked it, thanks for the crit on my thread
JDawg00100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #19
gurreu
erik mongrain style

It's epic man! I just feel like this song would fit perfectly for like a Sonic game! Very nice man
The big change at the 1:30 mark is pretty unexpected although I like the idea very much!

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1550315
Old 07-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #20
rjaylaf
I dunno :(

That's really sick man, reminds me of some Ensiferum or eluvitie (some of my favorite bands right now). but like the first comment said I think the flute could've been a little quieter.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
rjaylaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: