Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #21
Dores

Sounds great man! It really has a unique sound to it. Could have some more bass guitar maybe, but it's not that big of a deal. I like the melodies going off in all directions and the dragonforce-ish shred guitar that shows up here and there. End riff is nice and heavy, and still cool with the slightly strange melodies on top.

Wish I could write stuff like this! Keep it up man.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Dores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:19 AM   #22
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox

i also think that the flute should be a little quieter, more like a texture you can't really hear but will notice if it's gone (since you have it doubling a guitar part). certainly personal preference though, maybe you just really love the sound of a flute. but in the second half of the song when it takes the lead melody it's great.

you've really captured the spirit of power/viking metal bands like ensiferum though! love the busy synths, good job.

i was looking at the youtube comment about it only being awesome up until the intro ends. i think that is blasphemy. i really like the quiet part with just the flute and...bassoon? and the reintroduction of the guitars and everything else. you definitely could have made some of the guitar riffing toward the end more exciting though. one thing though...i feel like the intro belongs at the end or something, because on second listen, it has that sort of energy you would expect after a real buildup (such as the middle part).

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
vIsIbleNoIsE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #23
MetalCommand
Disappear to Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIsIbleNoIsE
i really like the quiet part with just the flute and...bassoon?

Yep you're correct, it is indeed a bassoon. Thanks for the detailed crit, and indeed to everyone else who has replied so far.
MetalCommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #24
Metallica1554
UG's Foo Foo Cuddly Poops

Thanks for the feedback.

Even though I'm not into this style. it's a really decent effort, mainly loving the structure and the guitar riffs, as well as the synth accompaniment. The thing this could benefit from most is a slightly better mix, I feel. In particular I think the guitars should stand out more, and not be as thin as they are. Perhaps all you need to do is a bit of EQing with high and low pass filters.

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'twas a dream
Metallica1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #25
cshrpmnr

Absolutely agree with some of the posts here. Eluvite springs to mind and the song has a very medieval sound to it, due in no small part to the flute and rhythmic pattern.

Intro was very strong and the soloing was done very well, good job man. I agree that it could benefit from a better mix but you have some well thought out ideas going on in the tune. Overall, I'd say you did a great job man. Kudos.
cshrpmnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #26
JetPackBlues

Busy. This is very, very busy. It's a wall of sounds. The cymbals are too loud and frequent. The synth flute sounded a little video-game-like and out of place. If this song had begun at 1.30 it would be an awesome beginning to a good song. When the drums kick in, the flutes need to stop, but they just keep going.

There are a lot of good ideas here, but it still needs some work.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1548171

JetPackBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #27
E.S

listened to several of your tracks

really no bad things to say

keep it up dude
E.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #28
sbesozzi
Guitar-a-holic

I LOVE THE INTRO! The orchestral instruments adds a lot to the epicness! Only thing I would suggest is maybe you want to raise the lows a bit on the rhythm guitars or on the bass itself? would sound punchier in my opinion and a bit more aggressive! I like the rest of the song as well, sick riffing there! Since the flute seems to be the lead instrument in this, I would try to put a bit of reverb on it, because as it is now, I think it stands out too much. Reverb would make it blend with the rest. But overall very sick track! Loved it!
sbesozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #29
Gessu
Learning Brain Drill! NOT

Very inspiring music in my opinion! Reminds me of Lord of the Rings and such epic movies First bands that came in my mind were Summoning and Equilibrium (both awesome bands). Flute was a little bit annoying sometimes so i give it:

4,5/5
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #30
Daemos
Est 1989

Cheers for the crit dude. This sounds very interesting. Reminiscent of Ensiferum, yes, but this seems to have a bit more emphasis on the synth. As many have said, the flute stands out of the mix a little bit at the moment, but I do like what it's playing. I like the slower heavier section a lot personally, it feels like it carries a lot of momentum, and I'd love to hear it with some vocals thrown on!

Nice song man!
Daemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
ThoriumEx

really nice work there.
reminds me alot of Dragonforce, although im not so into this type of music
in some places in the song, not all the instruments sounds good together, also you might want to turn the volume of the guitars up in some sections
ThoriumEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #32
alexpalka23

I like it a lot! haha.

First off, the writing is good. I feel as if though this is the sort of thing that is very easy to clutter up without realizing it, but i feel as if though you pulled off not cluttering the work here nicely, which is definitely what matters with a piece like this. Secondly, i feel as if though the tones are very good, but if i were to have mixed this, i would probably bring the guitar out a little bit more. Not too much, as i feel that it would probably drown everything out. That's just something to think about, because I'm not quite sure what it would sound like in the mix if it was more powerful. it might possibly just muck everything up too. Who knows. Anyhow, great work. Definitely great writing, as i don't think i would ever have the attention span to piece all of those layers together as you did. All in all the tones were great together, even though i prefer a bit more guitar presence in a mix when it's an instrumental. I say all in all it's great, and you should be proud! A smile stack for you, sir
Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #33
wandering_taco
Minstrel of Woe

Yeah, flute was a little loud at times imo. Other than that, the mix sounded good, everything else seemed well balanced. I love the change in the middle, both halves are super epic in completely different ways. I think the second half is my favorite. And it wasn't a jarring change, like wtf is this a new song, it worked really well. I like your guitar tone, is that direct in or did you mic your amp? This makes me want to listen to more of the symphonic influenced things in my collection, which I haven't for a while. Great job overall, I really liked it

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1557581
My other music:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Fatdus...low=grid&view=0

Wielder of the:
Ibanez S 370
Seagull Entourage Rustic

http://www.last.fm/user/wandering_taco
wandering_taco is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: