Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #1
cheosamad

Am I over reacting here or do you feel like I'm justified?

Okay so maybe I'm over reacting here but I feel like I'm justified.

Last tuesday me and my friend went to six flags. Now we had been planning to go for about 3 weeks. It was just going to be us, but the day before he springs it on me that he wants to bring his new girlfriend along. I of course don't care as long as I don't have to pay for her entry (I get people in and pay for their tickets on my seasons pass discount)

So Six Flags is a 2 hour drive from where we live and since me and him go once a month we use the drive to just chill, he plays his music, and we just talk. It's some of the only time I get to spend 1 on 1 with a friends. When we picked her up that morning to go immediately I'm just tuned out and they do their own private conversation the entire ride down. I just popped in my headphones and did my best to ignore it but it kinda bugged me.

When we got there is when I started to get really pissed. The car ride was one thing, but the entire time we're walking around I'm just stuck third wheeling in silence as they chatter away and have no real interest in talking to me. Then after like 3 hours they just say 'we're gonna go to the car to grab something, meet us at such and such spot in like 30 minutes.' I say fine and they leave. I went on something and then went to the spot and they weren't there. They didn't come back for 2 hours. At this point I'm writhing and regret letting him bring her.

Now that they've come back from having sex in the car the day instantly falls back into the same pattern as before, except now ever chance they get they crack a new joke at me being single or having not slept with anyone in a few months ect. I took it in stride but having just come out of a really long 5 year relationship and the end of it was about as bad as it could get those jokes really hurt.

After a few more hours they break off and leave me again and just say come to the car at 10 when it closes. This is around 5 in the afternoon. I just spend the rest of the 5 hours there riding roller coasters by myself and generally in a sort of pissy mood.

Come back to the car at 10 and hop in the drivers seat, plug in my aux chord and just start driving back. Here's what really pissed me off. They start messing around in the back seat WHILE I'M IN THE CAR TRYING TO DRIVE. All I could really do was just turn up my music louder and do my best to tune out the sounds but it made me feel sick to my stomach. It was just completely disrespectful and aggravating. After they were done they just went to sleep and I drove back in silence as they said my music would keep them awake. Drop them off at home and don't say anything and I just go home.

Now it's been about a week and my friends texts me IN DETAIL about what happened on the drive home rubbing it in my face trying to make me jealous and I flipped out on him saying that I felt it was inconsiderate and disrespectful and really pissed me off. He replies saying that I'm just over reacting and that if the roles where reversed he wouldn't care.

Am I just over reacting here or do you think I'm justified in my pissed offedness at this situation.

TLDR: Me and my friends went to six flags, he at the last second brought his girlfriend, they blew me off all day even leaving for hours at a time to have sex in the car, and then when I was driving home continued to fool around in the back seat with me in the car and then just went to sleep leaving me to drive in silence. Am I right to be pissed off or am I just over reacting here?
cheosamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #2
theogonia777
Miss Kristen

You should have brought a girl with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail
write 3 page long posts with the wrong opinions until people who don't actually read here or know anything about music theory promote you

worked for 20T

Pats killed McNair

Now you have no excuse...
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #3
Phazon
Human

No you're not overreacting but you should have seen this coming really and is your fault for not putting a stop to it like a ****ing "man". (Or any real human really. Hate when people don't have the balls to act out when they don't like something. Then you end up with a passive aggressive prick)

"All I could really do was just turn up my music louder and do my best to tune out the sounds but it made me feel sick to my stomach. "

You were just doing them a favor here. By you being so passive, you're basically giving the ok and allowing this to happen. If it bugged you, I would probably have pulled over and tell them to get out. ...I don't want to pull out the 'alpha' male bullshit but... my ******ed ass internet side of basically saying "You got played by an alpha ya ****in beta!" Meh. It's BS for you regardless of how you look at it. So you gotta basically 'man up' and not let people take advantage of you like that. It's pretty much what they were going.
Phazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #4
digman50
Don't leave me

He's right, you would have been a lot more pissed off if he was ****ing you in the back of your car
Old 07-20-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
ehbacon

bang his girl

My soundcloud
My tumblr
My twitter
My facebook
ehbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
seanlang01

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
Should have brought a camera.
seanlang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
SMH07
Haters, dismissed.

You should have hooked him right in the dish, mate.
SMH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:38 PM   #8
ehbacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMH07 at #33510135
You should have hooked him right in the dish, mate.

yeah m8, then reel dat cock in!

My soundcloud
My tumblr
My twitter
My facebook
ehbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #9
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
don't fake it baby

sack up, get better friends, etc.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:41 PM   #10
Weaponized
positive thinking

u should have killed them and buried them in the desert

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #11
cheosamad

Only reason I didn't choose to say anything is because I figured it's better then fighting with people for 2 hours. I guess you're right though it really is my own fault.
As for throwing them out, I'm not just gonna leave them in a different state without a way to get home til the next day. What they did was not cool but I think that's far more cruel. Maybe I'm just too nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777

Yeah that requires one to want to go with me. Not really my area of expertise.

Last edited by cheosamad : 07-20-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #12
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action

They sound like rubbish people. If they popped out a bin like Oscar the Grouch then I wouldn't even be surprised because that's where rubbish belongs.
homeless-john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #13
cheosamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless-john
They sound like rubbish people. If they popped out a bin like Oscar the Grouch then I wouldn't even be surprised because that's where rubbish belongs.

Not sure if it was supposed to but this made me laugh.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #14
snipelfritz
shmooo

Location: Milli-wah-kay which is Algonquin for "The Good Land"
I hope they were at least being safe while messing around (y'know wearing their seat belts).
Old 07-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #15
cheosamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
I hope they were at least being safe while messing around (y'know wearing their seat belts).

Okay now I laughed hard.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #16
SGstriker
Unregistered User

Here's where you went wrong: You didn't pull the car over, turn around, and ask to join in. Threesome = Winsome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

UG COMMUNITY ACOUSTIC ORIGINALS II Release Thread
SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:06 PM   #17
Ippon
Amped

So they were like Chon and O and you weren't Ben.

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG Amps!
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #18
cheosamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
Here's where you went wrong: You didn't pull the car over, turn around, and ask to join in. Threesome = Winsome.

FFM yes. MMF? Not my style hahaha. One man rule in my sex life lol.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #19
Cardbored

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz

Duh ofc they used protection
Cardbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:12 PM   #20
CL/\SH
Clash

If I found out a friend wanted to bring a girl to a thing that was supposed to sort of be dude bonding time I would have just not gone lol

You really need better friends man
CL/\SH is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: