Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-02-2013, 03:48 AM   #1
mattmakaha

Unit 731 atrocities--this video will blow your mind! Worse than Nazis

I already knew about Unit 731, the collection of totally unethical Japanese doctors and scientists, doing vivisection without anesthesia, amputating arms and then re-attaching the left arm to the right side and the right arm to the left side and seeing what happens when the victim recovers, and other horrible things to men, women and children restrained on an operating table, but I didn't know the History Channel made a documentary about it.

There are some other things that I learned about unit 731 that I didn't know, like just how much the United States played a role in it's cover up, but the end result is the same.

They did stuff that was worse than what the Nazi doctors did. (In fact, the historian in the video says that the Nazi 'Dr. Death' could learn a lot from General Ishii--the head of Unit 731)
I mean we are talking about the WORST war crimes in the entire history of mankind!! The Japanese of that generation were the worst ever! And that's coming from someone who is 1/4 Japanese (I'm also 1/2 Chinese, and a 1/4 native Hawaiian). At one point, I wanted to disown my Japanese heritage when I found out about this.

In the video, it gets a LOT worse than what I mentioned above, so....
Warning!! This video is not for the faint of heart:

Last edited by mattmakaha : 08-02-2013 at 04:12 AM.
mattmakaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 AM   #3
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Fairly sure this isn't the first thread you've made on the subject.
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:16 AM   #4
mattmakaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
Fairly sure this isn't the first thread you've made on the subject.

If you look at my posted threads list on my profile page, you're thinking about the thread I made about John Rabe who saved thousands of Chinese during the Nanking Massacre in 1937. I also mention the Nanking massacre in another thread I made about the nature of human cruelty. But I don't think I've mentioned Unit 731 yet, who were the worst of the worst.

Last edited by mattmakaha : 08-02-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
JackalUK
ERANU

If that video has images of gore, nudity or whatever you will have to take it down.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #6
Burgery
scatterbrain

Old 08-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #7
chookiecookie
UG Member

There's like a thread made on this every 2 months...
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
Only because cookie hits on literally everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Most guys are like chookie and will **** anything.
chookiecookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:24 AM   #8
TooktheAtrain
Banned

jesus christ you're really hung up on this, aren't you?
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #9
Bad Kharmel

the US covered it up for the sake of creating the peaceful Japan we know today; although it is important, in terms of understanding Asian politics, to know that China was hit by Japan the way the Jews were hit by the Nazis
Bad Kharmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #10
Elderer
UG Member

What about Nanjing?
Elderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #11
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Kharmel
the US covered it up for the sake of creating the peaceful Japan we know today; although it is important, in terms of understanding Asian politics, to know that China was hit by Japan the way the Jews were hit by the Nazis

Slight bugbear here- it wasn't just Jews. In fact, Slav deaths was over DOUBLE that of the Jewish death toll. There's always an emphasis on the Jews, it seems a lot of people forget the real extent of the Nazi genocides.

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #12
CoreysMonster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliriumbassist
Slight bugbear here- it wasn't just Jews. In fact, Slav deaths was over DOUBLE that of the Jewish death toll. There's always an emphasis on the Jews, it seems a lot of people forget the real extent of the Nazi genocides.

This. Sinti/Roma groups were enraged when the Berlin monument for remembering the Jewish victims of the Holocaust was announced to be built, because nobody seems to remember the fact that they suffered horrendously as well (as well as gays, trans', blacks, etc.)

And then the Jewish council in Berlin didn't even like the monument.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #13
MinterMan22
kulinary gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
This. Sinti/Roma groups were enraged when the Berlin monument for remembering the Jewish victims of the Holocaust was announced to be built, because nobody seems to remember the fact that they suffered horrendously as well (as well as gays, trans', blacks, etc.)

Your A Antisemit How Dare You Say Such Things
Old 08-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #14
Burgery
scatterbrain

stalin

what do I win
Old 08-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #15
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster

I'm not going to get into a long winded argument here with sources and such, but simply: Many historians make the argument that the study of The Holocaust pertains to only Jewish Genocide under Nazi Germany. They say the "undesirables" are not encompassed in this study due to the fact that the Gypsies and Homosexuals were able to avoid oppression by not acting as such (there are laws created by the Nazis allowing certain gypsy groups to avoid the concentration camps if they stopped migrating; as for the homosexuals, well, it's who you know and sometimes as simple as saying you won't do it again, and then not getting caught.) Then there is the whole Wannsee Conference bit.

For those of us that do this kind of research for a living, it's an interesting discussion point.

BTW, OP, way to generalize an entire generation or two of Japanese people.

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/

Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 : 08-02-2013 at 05:21 AM.
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #16
AtaBorMan
UG's reclusive wanker

lol godwin's law
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
AtaBorMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #17
CoreysMonster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KurtCobain_77
I'm not going to get into a long winded argument here with sources and such, but simply: Many historians make the argument that the study of The Holocaust pertains to only Jewish Genocide under Nazi Germany. They say the "undesirables" are not encompassed in this study due to the fact that the Gypsies and Homosexuals were able to avoid oppression by not acting as such (there are laws created by the Nazis allowing certain gypsy groups to avoid the concentration camps if they stopped migrating; as for the homosexuals, well, it's who you know and sometimes as simple as saying you won't do it again, and then not getting caught.) Then there is the whole Wannsee Conference bit.

For those of us that do this kind of research for a living, it's an interesting discussion point.

I'm not as well-informed about this as you apparently are, I just know that Sinti/Roma groups are still pretty pissed that all they got was a little pond with a triangle in it to remember the victims of their families under the Nazis, and the Jews got a gigantic, awesome structure that cost ridiculous amounts of money to build - and also that it only came as an after-thought after they started complaining.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #18
mattmakaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Kharmel

Exactly.
If the Imperial Japanese Army had there way, they would have killed every last Chinese man, woman, and child.
As it was, via the invasion of China, the Japanese were responsible through either directly killing or causing famine, of the deaths of over 17 million Chinese civilians!!
17 million!!
Go look it up, if anyone doesn't believe me, look under casualties of the second Sino-Japanese war (China versus Japan) from 1937 - 1945.
The Japanese had the "anything goes" attitude in war, and so therefore dropped chemical and biological weapons on Chinese villages.

Last edited by mattmakaha : 08-02-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #19
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinterMan22
Your A Antisemit How Dare You Say Such Things

Pro Palestianean German Nazi Supporter Jew Hater
Old 08-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #20
Lord_Doku
ancient bass

This thread:

>combining racial identity with ideology
>feeling shame for acts by people atleast 90% of the world has never heard of
>discussing the Jews rather than the topic
>henceforth, pro-semite prejewdice

It doesn't really make sense to compare Unit 731 to the entire Holocaust. The killing and gassing the Jews (and others) is and forever will be a black stain on our history, not arguing about that, but is that really the comparative material of choice when we have Dr. Mengele to moan about ?

Mengele did the same things as 731, albeit on a much smaller scale. Vivisection, replacing limbs with other limbs, doing the same with twins and triplets, checking out what certain poisons do, and see if ethnicity predetermines weaknesses just to give Hitler a scientific basis, amongst other things. Gassing doesn't even come close.

*IDF* Israel is a just nation founded by proper means and the Palestinians as an ancient civilization are wrong for claiming Jerusalem as their personal patch of desert when it's nothing short of the greatest Jew city of the world. *IDF*
Lord_Doku is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: