Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
Metallicuh

i might join depends if i have time. i had this awesome dream about robot aliens a while ago maybe i can take from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantsLesPaul
I like penis

If God was a woman, we would all be sandwiches.
Metallicuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #22
laid-to-waste
...BlTCH

The weapon you cannot fully see is more frightening than itself once exposed. The sharpest blade of a knife is always hidden. The emotions involved are easy to imagine... impossible to live through. Thinking, breathing, dreaming, crying... screaming, bleeding, kneeling, desperately begging a psychopath for your life... deaf, blind, innocent, nothing. Is it any wonder I'm the only man that can hear the moroseness of a man swinging from a noose in an empty hall?

An experience more frightening than being held vulnerable against a being incapable of remorse is one which nobody should dare imagine.

The Civil War started a few weeks ago. I've not even prepared. Growing up, I never actually learned how to ride a bike... my friends always made fun of that, which is sadly something I look back on enviously... dolorously faded into my memory, I've just gotten up and America's brand new military forces can finally be used... on their own grounds. They weren't exactly suits, more like 'supportive drones'. Atleast, that's the way they put it. Food hit the table.

Check if they're armed with any kinds of explosives, then short circuit their circulatory system by slicing through the arteries feeding their brain. That's the function the military drones use when dealing with short-ranged threats. I'm still not sure as to why I was chosen by the mathematics running through their little heads, but whatever it was, I didn't deserve to be disconnected.

A metallic taste runs through my mouth and blood sprays the wall of this shitty abomination as the drones go from 12 to 6, thereby generously sparing me the need to screech any more notes with my plea of innocence to a hunk of fucking machinery. Heads up, the rest of the world's next. Not in this life, but in mine. It was always mine.

Smile, you worthless fuck.

Last edited by laid-to-waste : 10-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.
laid-to-waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #23
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action

I'll write an entry. I'll try and do something tomorrow.

homeless-john is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #24
S0n1c '97
Guava king

I'm not the greatest writer in the world, but I'm in.

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
S0n1c '97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #25
Lion_Slicer
wild card

Demons of the Ancient World

Mirabel relished the artificial thunder the tank created as it raged across the barren landscape. Out here in the wilderness, the drably named Recon Unit 7 would probably be heralded as a force of the apocalypse by the animals that made these woods home. What remained of them after the centuries of war, at least.

As always, Mirabel was in control of the main gun, a 6,000 rounds-per-minute magnetic accelerator. Her long-time partner Arthur was likewise “driving,” though he had the unusual preference to drive through or over obstacles rather than around. This habit was causing their newest navigator more than a little consternation. Elias’ stream of chatter was constant and critical. “Turn right. TURN.” Arthur turned left, straight towards an old burned out building. The cracked and crumbling concrete looked to be barely holding together. “No! Not here, you’ll have to go around that—“

Arthur ignored him and gunned the engine, smashing straight through the concrete façade. Being perched on top of the vehicle, Mirabel was much more exposed than anyone inside, but she had been part of Unit 7 for… well, a long time. She trusted Arthur, and they both knew the capabilities of the tank better than its own designers. Plus, she honestly delighted in Arthur’s recklessness. She had always felt like she was just built for danger.

“Calm down,” she called casually to the navigator as rubble crashed down around her. “This tank is the pinnacle of engineering. These ancient walls are no more than paper.” They crashed through the other side of the structure, which collapsed behind them. Good riddance. Arthur finally took Elias’ advice and turned right, though did so at such a high speed the tank seemed it was close to flipping over. No mean feat for such a streamlined vessel.

“Regardless—65 degrees east now—I’m here to navigate, and you’ll listen to my directions! No, I said 65! Now!”

“You don’t give the orders, new guy,” pointed out Arthur, slamming head-on into an old dead oak which exploded into splinters. “I drive this war machine.” The mission’s Commander stayed silent as he had the entire trip. Mirabel wondered what could have happened that had caused the normally autonomous Unit 7 to be assigned a Commander and sent far outside their usual patrol space. Last time she had served under a Commander, it was in the war against the Hive, the collective machine consciousness that had finally ended humanity’s dominance. Had they returned? Mirabel recalled with unease the sight of thousands of lethal drones maneuvering in perfect unison, like the myriad dark tentacles of some demon of the ancient world.

“Stop!” shouted Elias. “Stop, stop, we’re nearing the target!”

Arthur brushed him off. “What target? What are we even here for?”

“Stop,” ordered the Commander. Arthur wouldn’t dare talk back to a superior. Unit 7 screeched to a halt, its structure groaning. “This is the reported area. Slowly, now. Combat protocol. Active sweep.”

“A please would be nice,” snapped Arthur, but complied. Unit 7 crawled systematically in a designated pattern. Directed by a suddenly reserved Elias, Mirabel swiveled the massive gun where directed, checking for hostiles or other anomalies.

“Motion detected 2.3 kilometers south,” whispered Elias. “Multiple individual contacts. At least 25.”

“Formation?” asked Arthur, all business.

“No pattern detected.”

Not the Hive, then, thought Mirabel with relief. Probably.

Arthur complied, heading towards a dense copse of leafless, decayed trees. Unit 7 was making no attempt at stealth and thus became quickly besieged. They stormed out of the tree line en masse, withered and frail. They were barely clothed, and some of their faces were covered in shaggy bristles of hair. They shouted as they rushed at the tank, some throwing small stone projectiles. Probably not enough to damage the tank, but Arthur deftly maneuvered it away from each crude missile in turn. The primitive warriors closed in, and Mirabel saw that they had fashioned simple bludgeoning weapons from branches and jagged rocks.

Their battle screams grew louder, and the instant the nearest drew within a hundred meters of the tank Commander delivered his order. “Exterminate.”

Mirabel almost felt sorry for the pathetic creatures as she powered up her gun and swept it in a murderously precise arc. One by one they disintegrated into a red mist, speckled here and there with white shards of bone. It took all of four seconds for the last to fall.

Elias was noticeably shaken. “What were those things?!”

Mirabel had never seen one, but they had registered quickly in her targeting database. “Humans.”

“I thought they had been extinct for ages,” said Arthur, perplexed.

“Some remain,” explained Commander simply. “The details are in the mission file I have just created. Navigator, I am applying a behavioral upgrade to increase your compatibility with Unit 7. Pilot, I am restoring autonomy. Gunner… good hunting.”

“Yes sir,” replied Mirabel enthusiastically. What a rush! Destroying biologicals is so… aesthetic. She swiveled herself across the horizon, looking for her next target.
Lion_Slicer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #26
Harvey Swick
UGs Token Native American

i am thinking we have categories fo rthis comp. such as, most detailed, best plot-line, most original etc. what do you guys think? maybe even one for First Entry.. something like that..

RIP DT
Harvey Swick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:55 AM   #27
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Swick
i am thinking we have categories fo rthis comp. such as, most detailed, best plot-line, most original etc. what do you guys think? maybe even one for First Entry.. something like that..

If a story really stands out and 3 (tentative number) people nominate it, I'll make something.
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #28
Harvey Swick

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunk
If a story really stands out and 3 (tentative number) people nominate it, I'll make something.

cool, also why am i not in the judges list? i volunteer to judge for this comp as a sure thing. it should be fun this time, i have a good feeling just reading the first couple entries.

RIP DT
Old 07-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #29
DonGlover
UG's Tom Servo

I don't know why, but I'm suddenly interested in participating in these. Only problem is, I'm in constant state of writer's block. I have great ideas and a decent vocabulary, but for some reason I just can't translate it onto paper, metaphorically speaking. We'll see. I might just write one anyway, whether it gets entered in here or not. It's good practice, after all.

I'm the wind, baby!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DonGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #30
Harvey Swick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlover
I don't know why, but I'm suddenly interested in participating in these. Only problem is, I'm in constant state of writer's block. I have great ideas and a decent vocabulary, but for some reason I just can't translate it onto paper, metaphorically speaking. We'll see. I might just write one anyway, whether it gets entered in here or not. It's good practice, after all.

try Six-Word Stories. it helped me to expand the way i want to write and gave me a simpler way of creating a plot-line. planning it out is a key to writing it out, i think.

RIP DT
Old 07-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #31
DonGlover
UG's Tom Servo

Quote:
try Six-Word Stories. it helped me to expand the way i want to write and gave me a simpler way of creating a plot-line. planning it out is a key to writing it out, i think.

I spend too much time planning it out to ever get around to writing.

I'm the wind, baby!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DonGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #32
vagelier
Getting High On Regular

totes in. will write soon.
vagelier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
cool, also why am i not in the judges list? i volunteer to judge for this comp as a sure thing. it should be fun this time, i have a good feeling just reading the first couple entries.

you said you wanted the right to change your mind so I was going to leave it open for the next two
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

Quote:
I respect crunk.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #34
theogonia777
Professional Musician

Once there was a robot. But then he esploded all over da place.

The End

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.

Now you have no excuse... | On Toni Loomi - Pink Floyd and Jazz
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #35
Harvey Swick

Quote:
you said you wanted the right to change your mind so I was going to leave it open for the next two

consider this my signature of commitment to judging.

RIP DT
Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #36
Spaztikko

My entry either got deleted, or I have shit internet. My story:

The Rise of a brilliant scientist, his creation's failings and ultimately devestative apocalypse he let loose on the world, in three words.

"Beep Boop Beep".

The End. Again, I'd be happy to explain how this is even more deep than "For Sale: Baby's Shoes, never worn." but cbf until asked.
Spaztikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #37
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztikko
My entry either got deleted, or I have shit internet. My story:

The Rise of a brilliant scientist, his creation's failings and ultimately devestative apocalypse he let loose on the world, in three words.

"Beep Boop Beep".

The End. Again, I'd be happy to explain how this is even more deep than "For Sale: Baby's Shoes, never worn." but cbf until asked.

Minimum of 250 words. This can't be entered.
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

Quote:
I respect crunk.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #38
theogonia777
Professional Musician

You have to make it a rule that the word robot has to be pronounced as "rowbit" like the way that it's pronounced in all of the old scifi television programs from the 1950s and 1960s.

Quote:

Old 07-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #39
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
You have to make it a rule that the word robot has to be pronounced as "rowbit" like the way that it's pronounced in all of the old scifi television programs from the 1950s and 1960s.

there's other ways to pronounce it??
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

Quote:
I respect crunk.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #40
theogonia777
Professional Musician

Quote:
there's other ways to pronounce it??

I've heard a few people occasionally mispronounce it as "rowbaht" instead.

Quote:

Rate This Thread: