Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Rate it from 1 to 10 lolz
10 - I immediatly jizzed and sharted rainbows and unicorns 2 9.52%
9 2 9.52%
8 3 14.29%
7 4 19.05%
6 2 9.52%
5 - Meh, it's ok 4 19.05%
4 1 4.76%
3 0 0%
2 1 4.76%
1 - Complete shit 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
Imm0rtal
blackmetal in my vains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Thanks man! Now I owe you two crits

Do you have another song for me to crit?

No dude just the one i uploaded
Imm0rtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #22
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imm0rtal
No dude just the one i uploaded

Let me know when you upload a new one then
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
guy_mtx

Anedonia: Love the slow acoustic bit, then the blasting, then the slower bit. I know it's only a GP6 export, but the distorted bits really should be more... distorted. I feel you're missing a trick by watering down the black metal sections.

Oblivion: This track seems to be building up to something at about 1:46, but then it's sort of stuck in limbo until the blasting section. Absolutely love the almost-soulful bass part at 4:08. It's a crime that bass is often inaudible in black metal! The outro is also pretty good.

Untitled 2: The beginning has an Enslaved vibe. This piece seems a little aimless, but not in a painful kind of way.

Untitled 3: This track has quite a depressing feel but it's a spectacular closing track. If these 4 songs were released as an EP, ending on such a high note would really leave a good impression on the listener.
guy_mtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #24
jrcsgtpeppers

i enjoyed it. i dont have criticism for it, although i didnt care for the drums too much in a few parts, but i thought it was great. you might like my music as well? not sure, but i didnt know other people on UG made this style of music. really sweet man
Old 08-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #25
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
i enjoyed it. i dont have criticism for it, although i didnt care for the drums too much in a few parts, but i thought it was great. you might like my music as well? not sure, but i didnt know other people on UG made this style of music. really sweet man

Didn't expect this at all, thanks a bunch
Old 08-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #26
Da Mortum
Registered Luser

The Poll results is...wired. Next time create public poll.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #27
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Mortum
The Poll results is...wired. Next time create public poll.

Yezh i forgot to make it publiv o guess im fuked now

EDIT: i probably shpud stop postinh when im drunk. Itd patetic and lame.
The good news is that I shall spend a very lonenly and sad winter, so nother demo shall be in the way ( i temd to write sad shit when im sad, mindblowing i know)

Last edited by Ometh : 08-31-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #28
Rokkstar

PostBlackMetalTemp: Some of the chords to begin with were a tad cringing it felt like. 38 everything feels right though. Maybe it's because you've completely set the mood at this point for everything to continuously resolve itself.. 54 is cool, but I'm not a huge fan of blast beat drumming because most of the time it's over my head and I can't keep up with it.... I've used it before though, don't get me wrong... It's weird. The clean tremolo on top of it was awesome too. Octave clean tremolo. Good decision I wasn't expected this variation. At 98 the chords are all brilliant. and then the lead adds so much. 114 kinda makes me feel like I'm playing Silent Hill haha. Which is a good thing. Smooth speed up to 130... I love it at this point... It's great, man. Head bobbing at the minute. haha. 146 is a great contrast on the same riff dude. LOVE IT. The way it rings is great.. Then the ringing section until the big chord is great. Then adding in the new ringing section is good too, keeps it fresh. Loved it. 9/10 except for the blast beat drumming. D:

If you could... Check out my track on Indaba and click vote if you like it? http://www.indabamusic.com/opportun...missions/126883
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #29
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokkstar
PostBlackMetalTemp: Some of the chords to begin with were a tad cringing it felt like. 38 everything feels right though. Maybe it's because you've completely set the mood at this point for everything to continuously resolve itself.. 54 is cool, but I'm not a huge fan of blast beat drumming because most of the time it's over my head and I can't keep up with it.... I've used it before though, don't get me wrong... It's weird. The clean tremolo on top of it was awesome too. Octave clean tremolo. Good decision I wasn't expected this variation. At 98 the chords are all brilliant. and then the lead adds so much. 114 kinda makes me feel like I'm playing Silent Hill haha. Which is a good thing. Smooth speed up to 130... I love it at this point... It's great, man. Head bobbing at the minute. haha. 146 is a great contrast on the same riff dude. LOVE IT. The way it rings is great.. Then the ringing section until the big chord is great. Then adding in the new ringing section is good too, keeps it fresh. Loved it. 9/10 except for the blast beat drumming. D:

If you could... Check out my track on Indaba and click vote if you like it? http://www.indabamusic.com/opportun...missions/126883

Thanks alot for the crit, but I still feel the need to return the favor and I think a vote isn't enough. Can you link me to a song for me to crit?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #30
Rokkstar

Quote:
Thanks alot for the crit, but I still feel the need to return the favor and I think a vote isn't enough. Can you link me to a song for me to crit?

Not gonna mince words here... The best way to return the favor would be to try to spread the word about that track to help me climb the ranks... But if instead you desire to rate a tab or something go for 5:00am, Your House, or Under the Moon from this thread if you desire instead... Maybe like the FB page or something.
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #31
MobiuZ

srry for the late crit , but better late than never right ?

starting from 13 : those drums are annoying and to out of context with the whole note chords imo , i suggest making the drums a bit slower to match it.

what is this i dont even ...
ok lets just say im not a fan of that imo mindless bashing the instruments so im not gonna comment on it.

slow down was same as intro ^

thats more like it no annoying drums , o wait there they are again nvm.

last part had some good thing going for it but the constant cymbal bashing just hurts my ears after a while , and than those annoyingly fast bass drums again.

id say id give this a 6 , there is very little variation in your piece and it doesnt keep me hooked

i mean i like stuff like soilwork so i can cinda aprreciate fast playing but this just didnt do it for me.

just being honest.

Last edited by MobiuZ : 09-29-2012 at 10:35 AM.
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #32
Ometh
nobody

Uhh, okay, but what song are you even talking about ?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #33
MobiuZ

Quote:
Uhh, okay, but what song are you even talking about ?

Anedonia Demo 2012 (WIP)

srry i am extremely lazy and just clicked the soundcloud link and listened to the first thing i heard and commented it :P
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #34
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuZ
Anedonia Demo 2012 (WIP)

srry i am extremely lazy and just clicked the soundcloud link and listened to the first thing i heard and commented it :P

I'm guessing you listened to the first song, "lantlosinspiredsong"?

Tbh this is my most personal work so I'm kind of impermeable to criticism for this. I know it's bad but it represents a really fucked up situation that I went through and I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this here at all, oh well.

Rate This Thread: